Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommended TV Shows - Podcasts etc

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

All the true crime podcasts I listen to this week seem to have had very gruesome episodes; casefile and red handed particularly :(

Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Operation Odessa is a good documentary on Netflix, bit bizarre and unbelievable but it did happen, well worth a watch, might be leaving Netflix shortly.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

How did you hear it might be leaving Netflix? Ya, that's a great one alright. I speculate that they deliberately copied the style of Cocaine Cowboys, which is another doc I recommend. They are both very similar, and both very, very entertaining.

tinpib wrote: »
    How did you hear it might be leaving Netflix? Ya, that's a great one alright. I speculate that they deliberately copied the style of Cocaine Cowboys, which is another doc I recommend. They are both very similar, and both very, very entertaining.

Think maybe when I started watching it it gave a leaving date but not sure.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

The Opportunist is a good 8 parter.
    The Opportunist will launch with an episodic series on Sherry Shriner, a midwest mom and life-long churchgoer turned internet cult leader. Hosted by Hannah Smith, the series follows Sherry as she gains thousands of followers online by promoting her own religion (a blend of biblical doomsday predictions and popular alien/reptilian conspiracy theories) and profits on selling spiritual weapons that defeat aliens and demons.

As she rises to the status of infallible goddess, she leaves a trail of death and destruction in her wake. We speak with family & friends of deceased cult members, prosecutors, police officers, a high profile cult expert and more. Through thought-provoking interviews and investigative reporting, The Opportunist invites the listener along with us on a thrilling journey of discovery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just a heads up - The West Cork podcast is now freely available on all platforms, it's no longer stuck behind the Audible paywall.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Just a heads up - The West Cork podcast is now freely available on all platforms, it's no longer stuck behind the Audible paywall.

This is well worth a watch, very good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

tinpib wrote: »
    I stumbled upon this by accident last night. It's a no-budget doc on the death of Stuart Lubbock at Michael Barrymore's house.

As I get older I really take everything I see/read with a pinch of salt.

I had only a rough idea of what happened so it's good for giving more detail. Who knows what's true or what's not.

I posted this way back on the thread. Worth a look if anyone is interested, especially as the Daily Mail ( I know, I know) are saying charges are imminent.

The doc does everything bar flash a big neon guilty sign over who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Achtung! Bono

The Opportunist is a good 8 parter.

Season 2 of 'The Devil you know' TV Documentary covers the Sherry Shriner story, here.

https://srstop.link/show/the-devil-you-know-2019

Season 1 is very watchable, too

I can't put into words how much I despise True Crime Junkie.

"Wait, What?"

"OH my god, full body chills"

"Uhhhhh" deep intake of breath.

Absolute trash and by all accounts they pay their scriptwriters a pittance.

• Advertisement

Season 2 of 'The Devil you know' TV Documentary covers the Sherry Shriner story, here.

https://srstop.link/show/the-devil-you-know-2019

Season 1 is very watchable, too

Binge watched it, thanks for the tip!

Anyone watching the Sophie Tuscon du plantier doc on sky?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Anyone watching the Sophie Tuscon du plantier doc on sky?

I knew there was one on Netflix next week but didn't realise Sky had one too, must look it up!

It's one of those cases that I really struggle to get my head around, so find different perspectives very interesting and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 putthekettleon

There's an Irish fella called Mike who has a Youtube channel devoted to murders and unsolved cases, it's called "That Chapter", he does a very good job researching each episode, each one is 25-30 minutes long and he manages to heep things a little upbeat despite the subject matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I'm a big fan, love the dark humor he throws in, fair play to him. Hope the channel continues to go from strength to strength.

The Grace Millane case was on sky crime and was well put together. Tragic case. Lots of CCTV footage made it very interesting viewing. Well worth watching.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Grear recommendation stayed up til 12.30 last night watching, in bed since 8pm so addictive

Six silent killings : Irelands vanishing triangle on sky documentaries is worth a watch. 2 parter.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

He's doing very well for himself, gets recommended a lot on Reddit so has found a worldwide audience. Good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭sidcon

The cadaver dogs at the end of the show where in July, has the garda done anything since then??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 HollisHurlbut

Just watched this. Very sad, but as you say, interesting viewing with all the CCTV footage in days following the crime. Would recommend if you like true crime.

Advertisement