Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭keane16

Is there a way around them looking for a Turkish mobile number to verify account? They had the wrong card for payment and I switched it to curve when reactivating but then looks to verify.

screenshot attached

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭keane16

OmegaGene wrote: »
    No you can’t dodge the phone number verification
    Phone numbers should be confirmed and payment info should be changed when you are on the Irish subscription really

Though so, Thanks.

I will have to reactivate for another month on my Irish account and make sure I have the curve card as my only card and phone number verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Do you need to use a VPN while watching Netflix, or just during the sign up process?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Do you need to use a VPN while watching Netflix, or just during the sign up process?

VPN is only needed for signup

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Netflix announcing they are putting some Irish prices up for the 3rd time in 3 years! :eek: and they wonder why their numbers are falling in Ireland?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/netflix-to-raise-prices-for-subscribers-in-ireland-1.4428907

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Netflix announcing they are putting some Irish prices up for the 3rd time in 3 years! :eek: and they wonder why their numbers are falling in Ireland?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/netflix-to-raise-prices-for-subscribers-in-ireland-1.4428907

soon more Irish households will be streaming with Turkish account ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

€2 increase on the top plan is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

They're raising prices because Irish people in general are pretty lazy when it comes to doing any research or putting a bit of effort into how they can save money on so many products and services. I've lost count of the amount of people I've flagged the Netflix TRY savings and nobody is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ohmeha wrote: »
    They're raising prices because Irish people in general are pretty lazy when it comes to doing any research or putting a bit of effort into how they can save money on so many products and services. I've lost count of the amount of people I've flagged the Netflix TRY savings and nobody is interested

And me too but glad people don't listen, us bargain hunters aren't worth loosing sleep over for Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Now they have disney plus as rivals and they are cheaper, it really surprises me how netflix can raise their prices!? I don't think they get competition, they will just lose more subscribers than gain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Paying 17.99 for netflix is madness to me.
    Disney plus isn't comparable really it's mostly kids stuff.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    soon more Irish households will be streaming with Turkish account ;)

You’d think anyway, but looking through some of the replies to Adrian Weckler’s tweet about these price rises, I’m not so sure

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You’d think anyway, but looking through some of the replies to Adrian Weckler’s tweet about these price rises, I’m not so sure

What's the gist?

TheDriver wrote: »
    What's the gist?

Screen-Shot-2020-12-06-at-21-58-47.png

Screen-Shot-2020-12-06-at-21-59-03.png

Screen-Shot-2020-12-06-at-21-58-47.png

Screen-Shot-2020-12-06-at-21-59-03.png

Interesting points re prime and Disney. I never use prime and Disney plus was grand for a year but it won't be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

TheDriver wrote: »
    Interesting points re prime and Disney. I never use prime and Disney plus was grand for a year but it won't be renewed.

I suggested at launch that Disney month sub every few months is more than enough unless children in the house. Personally I'd seen all Marvel & Star Wars in cinema. Prime is worth it to me (until Brexit anyway) because of the amount of goods I buy for my business.

I have a whole selection of streaming sites. Apple Plus, Disney Plus, Netflix, Prime, Hulu, HBO Max, Showtime Now TV etc. All together would still cost less than my old Sky Q sub but I swap sites each month or so. Apple plus I had for 2 months so far since January. I've watched everything I wanted & it cost me 10 euro. There is some fantastic TV out there. I think we need to get away from thinking that we need each channel all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I have Netflix, Prime and Disney+. I don't pay for Disney as myself and my brother have a reciprocal deal where I pay for Prime and he can access it.

But I don't pay for any terrestrial/satellite tv. I receive the Irish and UK FTA channels and that's enough for me with the subs. I wouldn't also pay for tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Netflix increasing prices in Ireland again I see

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Is there any way of doing this same trick with Disney+? They just announced they’re adding hulu content to disney+ in Ireland so it’d be good to have

jdon72 wrote: »
    Is there any way of doing this same trick with Disney+? They just announced they’re adding hulu content to disney+ in Ireland so it’d be good to have

They also announced that there is a €2 price increase coming also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

You can share your profile with family members :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

They also announced that there is a €2 price increase coming also.

:mad::mad::mad:

Where did you see that?

Raoul wrote: »
    You can share your profile with family members :)

I'd rather share my profile with family members at Argentina's price than Ireland's price :D

I'd rather share my profile with family members at Argentina's price than Ireland's price :D

I tried to pay in Argentina currency using holavpn and used my curve card same as I did with netflix and said that payment card isn't from argentina so I couldn't do it. If someone knows a way then that would be awesome.

Plus before someone mentions can be shared with family, i don't have any one in my family that wants to share an account with me plus don't trust doing it with strangers to form a family. As I couldn't find a way, I just pay the £5.99 price that is set in the UK, I don't mind paying it. But argentinas pricing works out at like £4 or just under, can't quite remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Before it was available in Ireland I’m sure I paid via Google pay to get around the country block on the card. Might work. I do this with DAZN to get around needing a german card.

Before it was available in Ireland I’m sure I paid via Google pay to get around the country block on the card. Might work. I do this with DAZN to get around needing a german card.

Do you just use a vpn and Google pay?

Raoul wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad:

Where did you see that?

Mentioned on Newstalk yesterday also they mentioned it on RTÉ news at ones in their business section too. Price increase of €2 per month will come into affect from end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭BobMc

2nd month trying to move to cheaper country. Last month revolut declined. Updated and paid for new month with curve. Used vpn today can see Turkish prices but payment declined again this month. Is rope tightening on the loophole for this to work??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭BobMc

Just used app on phone with VPN. Browser a better bet?

• Advertisement

BobMc wrote: »
    2nd month trying to move to cheaper country. Last month revolut declined. Updated and paid for new month with curve. Used vpn today can see Turkish prices but payment declined again this month. Is rope tightening on the loophole for this to work??

I’ve tried a good few times before on loads of different devices, but can’t seem to get Turkey working- only argentina

Advertisement