Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

cian8 wrote: »
    €400-450 would be fine, more if necessary. What could you suggest for me? Pocket sprung, two sided, medium firm? I am based in Limerick.

Are you able to coma and see them and pick something yourself if not we can work something out with you but it's advisable to try before you buy.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi Bigmickey.ie

Looking to replace our mattress. Have a double one which is quite a few years old with a memory foam topper that is now pretty worn out. Was a pretty comfortable setup apart from being a bit warm in the summer and as I say it's getting worn out.

What would be best, memory foam, pocket sprung, or.... ?

Double size. 2 adults (both side sleepers), one with back flare ups from time to time. Budget up to 250 ish (maybe too low)?

It's very hard to choose a mattress for someone else. Are you able to call to us to try them out ? If not, we will work something out with you. We have a big selection .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

It's very hard to choose a mattress for someone else. Are you able to call to us to try them out ? If not, we will work something out with you. We have a big selection .

Yeah I understand. Probably best to try them. I'll see if we can get a trip down soon. Otherwise I'll pm you as much detail as I can. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

Hi BigMickey,

I tried and loved a king size Sealy Louisville 1400, Michigan 1200 and a King Koil endurance. Can you recommend something similar but cheaper?

Thanks!

gooner99 wrote: »
    Yeah I understand. Probably best to try them. I'll see if we can get a trip down soon. Otherwise I'll pm you as much detail as I can. Thanks.

For Dublin area we have a mobile display vehicle that has about 9 different models on board. You can book an appointment for to see them.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brooklands

Hey mick and co...
    Just wondering by any chance, if you got to go through the foot stools that arrived to you?
    My brother is looking for a grey or navy blue storage leather foot stool as described previously...and I'm looking for dark brown leather storage also...just checking if you had a look through it yet..Thanks
    Good luck.

sarah+1 wrote: »
    Hi BigMickey,

I tried and loved a king size Sealy Louisville 1400, Michigan 1200 and a King Koil endurance. Can you recommend something similar but cheaper?

Thanks!

Am I correct in think that you saw all those models in Harvrey Norman ? I think the King Koil might be a Mighty Endurance rather than Endurance ??

These are all labels the the different bed manufacturers have put on just for Harvey Norman. If you know where to look , you will find these or very similar models for half their price or less elsewhere. If you do an internet search, you most likely won't find these names anywhere else but Harvey Norman. Some if not all are non turn mattress also. You could do far better with you money that those ones you have listed.

Our Diamond 2000 model which has Wool, Silk Cashmere and has 2000 full pocket springs is only 699 euro and you can turn it. We also have some of the John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung for 499 euro. Any of these would be worth a look also. All are in stock with free nationwide delivery. Hopefully this is of help to you.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

brooklands wrote: »
    Hey mick and co...
    Just wondering by any chance, if you got to go through the foot stools that arrived to you?
    My brother is looking for a grey or navy blue storage leather foot stool as described previously...and I'm looking for dark brown leather storage also...just checking if you had a look through it yet..Thanks
    Good luck.

Yes, the lads got them unwrapped. Should have something to suit you. There is a navy leather one and a few brown ones amongst them. Give me a call tomorrow and I will go through them with you.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Yes, its an odd setup. It does take a standard single... you can also reconfigure it to take a smaller toddler mattress (with big plastic borders around it that the kid rolls around on so its not great, hence would prefer the standard single).

Hi Quigs Snr

These type of beds normally take an odd size single mattress. We would normaaly sell something like this with a 6 inch foam mattress. You will neeed to check an exact size as the two answers below are contradicting each other.

Question: Twin does it mean single size mattress?
    Answer: Yes it means single size mattress
    By Rizwana on 09 September 2015
    Yes, it can take a cot bed mattress or a standard 3ft single.
    By Ally on 10 September 2015

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Yes, its an odd setup. It does take a standard single... you can also reconfigure it to take a smaller toddler mattress (with big plastic borders around it that the kid rolls around on so its not great, hence would prefer the standard single).

WE keep a big selection in stock so let us know if we can help.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Hi team

Am looking for a Sleepeeze Ortho classic latex . Double bed size . Was wondering if you had a price for it please

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Hi team

Am looking for a Sleepeeze Ortho classic latex . Double bed size . Was wondering if you had a price for it please

Hi iamwhoiam

We have not sold the Sleepeze brand in over 5 years or so. I can't find any link to that exact model on line. Is it open coil or pocket sprung ? I can give you a price for something similar or even better quality.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi iamwhoiam

We have not sold the Sleepeze brand in over 5 years or so. I can't find any link to that exact model on line. Is it open coil or pocket sprung ? I can give you a price for something similar or even better quality.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team
    Thank you
    Its a 800 pocket sprung with a memory foam topper .

https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/small-double-mattress/comfort-deluxe-mattress-4ft.html

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thank you
    Its a 800 pocket sprung with a memory foam topper .

Hi

We would have 1000/1200 pocket memory by Airsprung (ex Argos) for 200/250 euro in double size

Thanks

bigmickey.ie Team

Hi

We would have 1000/1200 pocket memory by Airsprung (ex Argos) for 200/250 euro in double size

Thanks

bigmickey.ie Team

Thank you . Sounds good !! Will check that out

Hi

Thanks

bigmickey.ie Team

We have many different models of these. Whatever price they are in Argos then we are about half of the Argos price.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭finno

Hi

I'm am looking to buy this bed

https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-ruby-memory-foam-bed-set/

Is there a place in Dublin i can see it over the weekend?

Thanks

oh do you take the one4all gift cards?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

finno wrote: »
    Hi

I'm am looking to buy this bed

https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-ruby-memory-foam-bed-set/

Is there a place in Dublin i can see it over the weekend?

Thanks

oh do you take the one4all gift cards?

We don't do the one4all girt cards. We take all the usual credit cards, cash on delivery or bank transfer. If still interested, I can send one to you next Tuesday to view with no obligation to buy. We normally go to Dublin on Saturdays but the staff member that goes has had a death in the family so not going tomorrow. We were in Dublin today though .It is a decent bed for that price. Some on line shops have it in the Dublin area but not sure if anyone else has it in a shop on display.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jdmurf

Hi there,
    Saw the thermopure 30 in Harvey Norman.... really loved it...
    Would you have this in another name by any chance? It's super king I need....
    Thank you so much...

jdmurf wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Saw the thermopure 30 in Harvey Norman.... really loved it...
    Would you have this in another name by any chance? It's super king I need....
    Thank you so much...

The Celtic Tiger is surely back if they can charge such a price for something like that. No manufacturer identified either. Is this it ? 3799 euro reduced to 3039 euro

https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/thermopure-30-mattress-6ft.html

I'd say if you come in to us that you will find a similar Superking to that for 599 Euro

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wow that's unbelievable..... All these shops are increasing their prices to pure madness.

Hopefully big Mickey Yee stay the same.

Wow that's unbelievable..... All these shops are increasing their prices to pure madness.

Hopefully big Mickey Yee stay the same.

We would love to open in Dublin and give these lads a good run for their money. Currently about 70% of out total sales are to Dublin and it's not hard to see why. I understand these big shops have big expenses to cover but the prices are absolutely a rip off and virtually no customer service to go with it either from most of these retailers. For now we will stay put in little old Longford where our family have been trading from the same family owned premises for 30 years and as the roads are improving all the time. it only takes about an hour to travel from Lucan to us and sure you could spend that sitting in traffic in Dublin any day of the week.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

Hi Big Mickey. Will you be in Dublin next week? And do you stock King Koil? I’m looking for a double bed with storage and a medium/firm mattress. King Koil or similar quality.

Guess_Who wrote: »
    Hi Big Mickey. Will you be in Dublin next week? And do you stock King Koil? I’m looking for a double bed with storage and a medium/firm mattress. King Koil or similar quality.

Hi Guess_Who

We are in Dublin on Tuesday. We have plenty of high quality beds in stock. PM me your number or call us on 043 3345488 or 086 8356888 and we will get you sorted.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

hi Bigmickey,

i am looking for 2 x mattress pocket sprung size is 80 cm x 200.

what would be the price range?

would you have any offer at the moment?

Thanks

cargen wrote: »
    hi Bigmickey,

i am looking for 2 x mattress pocket sprung size is 80 cm x 200.

what would be the price range?

would you have any offer at the moment?

Thanks

Hi cargen

They are an odd size but not a problem for us to supply. You can get them in many different qualities. What do you intend using them for ? Are you looking for the cheapest or what ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

Hi cargen

They are an odd size but not a problem for us to supply. You can get them in many different qualities. What do you intend using them for ? Are you looking for the cheapest or what ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks

i have already good quality frames so ideally i would like to re-use them.
    they are going to be used daily for my two kids so i would like to get a decent quality.
    is 150/200 euro each a good budget?

cargen wrote: »
    Thanks

i have already good quality frames so ideally i would like to re-use them.
    they are going to be used daily for my two kids so i would like to get a decent quality.
    is 150/200 euro each a good budget?

Yes, I'm sure we could work to that. I would recommend mattresses that can be turned We can show you one in a normal size in advance so that you will see the quality of what you would be getting before you part with your money. Where would delivery be to ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Hi, do you sell the 80cm wide mattresses to fit ikea single bed?

• Advertisement

Hi, do you sell the 80cm wide mattresses to fit ikea single bed?

Hi Brecken Gigantic Snowshoe

Is it 80cm X 200cm long but regardless we sell every type and size as we sell a lot of custom size mattresses on a daily basis

Bigmickeyie Team

Advertisement