Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS2 Arcade stick?

Options
  • 25-05-2011 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

Now I'm the owner of a chubby PS2 and my first couple of SHMUPS for it, what do you fun kids recommend is a good stick for it?

Readers of other threads I've bored you to death with on the subject will know I have a penchant for a microscopically short throw twixt the accuracy of docking a space shuttle with it.

Your suggestions please! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,420 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The Namco PS1 stick everyone's after will work with your ps2 aswell. I'm still on the lookout for one. Hard enough to come across. Well, for a decent price anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

That stick looks like a hoot. Looks pricey though...

Master of the Universe

Here's the cheapest one I've seen in a while. Postage will bump it up to silly money though -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Namco-Arcade-Stick-Playstation-PS1-/170645980889?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item27bb4b06d9

Oddly enough I was just looking at that. Could get it posted to friends in Belfast though... hmm... :rolleyes:

Master of the Universe

He's open to offers. I was going to try £30 and see what he says.

Then I realized that postage will still probably tack on at least £15. :(

• Advertisement

Me first! Memememememememememememememe!!!! :eek:

Fight you for it! :D

tumblr_lhmo5h7ob01qblz41o1_500.gif

Just realized I'll be in the UK in a couple of weeks for a few days, will get it posted to someone there and bring it back with me.

Happy days! :D

...so I just bought that stick for €46 delivered to UK. I'll be bringing it back in June. Worth the wait I think. :)

Master of the Universe

You jammy git!!!

Should have bought that myself! :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    You jammy git!!!

128967050995357239.jpg

Snooze you lose champ! :D

That said I won't be able to collect it until mid-June but still, I'm heading to the UK anyway, I can wait, the saving is worth it I think.

On a side note, I just ordered Psyvariar and Steel Dragon EX (both in good nick) for the handsome sum of €7.32 inc delivery to Eire. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If you want a high quality stick and buttons, get a Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 SA/SE (One has Sanwa parts, the other has Seimitsu).

Alternatively, buy a regular HRAP 2 and buy whatever buttons you want. Regular HRAP 2s come with a Sanwa JLF stick as standard anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Big exception though -- Hori Tekken 5 stick LOOKS like a HRAP ver.A, but does not have a JLF (and is a bitch to mod).

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Big exception though -- Hori Tekken 5 stick LOOKS like a HRAP ver.A, but does not have a JLF (and is a bitch to mod).

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/

This also comes from the man that specifically asked for a Namco stick in the sub forum. I read from the gospel according to KO Kiki. :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    You jammy git!!!

Here, found another for you:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Rare-Namco-Arcade-Stick-ps1-ps2-ps3-xbox-360-pc-/370513570702

Master of the Universe

Cheers!!

Although argh - 'There is a little wear and tear to the casing'

If it's been used so much the casing is worn down, I wonder what condition the stick and buttons are in?

Time to flip through the pages of the Gospel according to KO Kiki. I have no idea sir. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Namco sticks generally are tough aul' bitches; I wouldn't be too worried.

Worst comes to worst, you get a new stick (~€14)/Omron switches (~€8) and Sanwa SW-68 switches (~€12) and your soldering iron.

7hrs to go and it's still at £14.99. Who's taking a punt on it?

Advertisement