Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carpet Underlay? advice

• 31-07-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I'm putting down carpet in an upstairs room, bought the carpet a few years ago but only now getting round to doing the room. Its a fairly basic carpet(not an expensive one) with felt backing, wondering about underlay, it'll be going down onto floor boards.
    Is there a particular type of underlay that would have a good sound insulation value, or i was half thinking of using some foam underlay that we used under laminate flooring, just to put something down. Opinions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

robin3 wrote: »
    I'm putting down carpet in an upstairs room, bought the carpet a few years ago but only now getting round to doing the room. Its a fairly basic carpet(not an expensive one) with felt backing, wondering about underlay, it'll be going down onto floor boards.
    Is there a particular type of underlay that would have a good sound insulation value, or i was half thinking of using some foam underlay that we used under laminate flooring, just to put something down. Opinions?

10mm carpet underlay can be bought in a roll from any carpet suppliers.

Advertisement