Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport tracking online!

• 04-02-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Does this ACTUALLY work? Passport submitted by express through local post office over a week ago and nothing coming up on the tracking online. Should I ring them? Supposed to be done in 10 days and this will be up on Monday!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

suitseir wrote: »
    Does this ACTUALLY work? Passport submitted by express through local post office over a week ago and nothing coming up on the tracking online. Should I ring them? Supposed to be done in 10 days and this will be up on Monday!!!
    Patience. The new passport office is in Balbriggan and the workers are lazy fooks. Although it's the distribution centre and the post sorting office is LITERALLY 100 yards away you wont be getting your passport for another month or two.

My passport somehow ended up being sent to a T.D. In the dáil. Only found out weeks later when I went up to the passport office and asked for my passport and they said it had been issued. When I asked to who and where they told me and I was like how the fúck did yas manage that!!!

The guards at the front gate thought I was takin' the mickey when I told them eh yeh mr ****** ***** has my passport, the passport office told me they sent it to them. Took me 2 hours of waiting to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

It's unusual that there is nothing on the system regarding your passport. Are you certain you are putting in the correct number? It's the number that was on the top of your application form and should also be on your post office receipt. Don't get it confused with the An Post Passport Express tracking number which usually has IE in it. Despite the previous posters experience they are usually quite good about getting passport express applications out within the ten working days provided you have given them all the info etc etc! If it hasn't arrived by Monday pm I'd definitely call them! Are you off any where nice?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Lollymcd wrote: »
    It's unusual that there is nothing on the system regarding your passport. Are you certain you are putting in the correct number? It's the number that was on the top of your application form and should also be on your post office receipt. Don't get it confused with the An Post Passport Express tracking number which usually has IE in it. Despite the previous posters experience they are usually quite good about getting passport express applications out within the ten working days provided you have given them all the info etc etc! If it hasn't arrived by Monday pm I'd definitely call them! Are you off any where nice?!?!

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I was putting in the incorrect number but when I put in the correct one with IE as you suggested, same negative reply coming up. The 10 days will be up on Monday so I think I will ring them. Mind you, it is quite difficult to read the tracer number on the receipt I got in the PO. I paid for it by laser and the helpful assistant checked out the application and put everything in the envelope. I put a telephone contact number on the application and I am sure if there was something amiss, they would ring. I am hoping to go a Med Cruise...cheap one! this Spring/Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Bonito wrote: »

My passport somehow ended up being sent to a T.D. In the dáil. Only found out weeks later when I went up to the passport office and asked for my passport and they said it had been issued. When I asked to who and where they told me and I was like how the fúck did yas manage that!!!

Obviously they read Mr Bonito as Mr Bono and figured best place to catch him was in the dail saving the country by advising the government with cunning plans to raise taxes etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

I am hoping to go a Med Cruise...cheap one! this Spring/Summer.

you will have it in loads of time. if its due by monday, then you will more than likely get it before the week is down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

My husband had his in 7 working days (including the day he submitted it).
    They hadn't updated the online status so I was surprised when it arrived in the mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Passport tracking online! Does this ACTUALLY work?

It's very inaccurate.
    It doesn't say that my passport is in the bottom drawer of my bedroom locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I applied for one through the postal express thing just recently and got it within a week. Posted the application on a Tuesday, had it in the post the following Tuesday. So I wouldn't worry, you should have it within a few days. If you're in any doubt just ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Well, I eventually go through to them on phone. They are sending back the whole lot because the local friendly Sergent omitted to put in the FORM number on back of one of the pics. He signed it OK but this number has to be filled in by the Garda signing the form.

So back to the drawing board and hopefully, it will be re-submitted by Tuesday at the latest.

So much for checking everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lopppy

Today was the 8th working day so I should have mine before Wednesday.. hope there isn't an error.

I queued in the Garda station for half an hour to get him to stamp the form and that, when i got to the post office they said the Garda forgot to sign the back of the photos... when i got back to the station the Garda laughed in my face and signed them, last time he smiled that day I'm sure after the thank you i gave him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Here's me thinking I could check peoples passports online, very disappointed OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Why on earth would you ask that of us? Just ring them - it's not as if you're contemplating over whether or not to push the nuclear war panic button, it's a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

A hooir tried to rob mine in Thailand last year.I caught up with her and gave her a good spanking.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

They're on a work to rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 edvedfan

worked for me

i checked it after sending the passport in and it said that the passport is accepted and pending approval. Two or three days later it said passport was approved and then passport was in the post back. They then give you a code so that you can track your passport in the post.

Ring up because normally it's a very efficient service. i got mine in six days cos i live outside dublin. Those who live in Dublin say they got it in five.

Advertisement