Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The thin yellow line

• 28-07-2013 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Just installed Google Earth but instead of that nice blue planet and those lovely staelite views, I just get a yellow outline of the planet and countries.
    I know there is something I need to tick, but what is it? I've tried Google Earth help and their forum to no avail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,947 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bit late, I know, but....

Layers - Primary database - borders and lables.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Banbh

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded Google Earth again but there is no improvement. The yellow lines are the borders (ticked as you suggested). Without this being ticked it's a black earth. Any other ideas?

Works for me: can you post up a screen shot? Not sure what you mean by black earth (or do you mean blank - which is what I thought you were looking for...?)

Thank you for taking the trouble with this.
    These are the screen shots with and without the yellow border lines

Screen shot 2013-08-11 at 22.06.56.png
    Screen shot 2013-08-11 at 22.07.11.png

Never seen that before...

It may be that you're using a Mac though - I found this on the googleearthwebsite:
    If you're using Google Earth on the Mac and encountering a green or black screen, your Mac web browser may be blocking cookies. To resolve the problem, you'll need to allow your Mac web browser to accept cookies from the site:

http://kh.google.com/

To allow cookies in Chrome, see the Chrome help article on how to manage your cookies and site data. To allow cookies in other browsers, please refer to the instructions in your browser's help center.
    https://support.google.com/earth/answer/39865?hl=en&ref_topic=2376771

Beyond that, I can't really help, because I;ve never seen that before!

Hope it helps anyway...

• Advertisement

Thanks again. I'll do some more tweaking tomorrow.

I solved the problem by installing an older version of Google Earth. The trick seems to be to keep installing older versions until you get one that works. Only problem is that the Pyramids weren't built on the version that works for me.:)

Advertisement