Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High Score Competition - Win Fame & Fortune*!!!

• 08-01-2013 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

*Due to slight variations in builds between iOS and Android we're going to have TWO winners, one on each platform!*

We need as many games played as possible this week so we have enough data to go on for final tweaks. To help ramp things up we're kicking off a high-score competition.

Dates: Now until midnight on Wednesday 16th of January (slight extension)

Prize: The tester with the highest score at the end of the competition period will get their name in the credits of 'The Jump'. (which after one hundred billion downloads will make you hotter than Bieber!**)

Tap on the 'Stats' button on the main game menu to view the latest leaderboards.
    • To be eligible, the score must appear on the World leaderboard in UT4 version of The Jump (latest test build) before above date
    • To have your score appear you must accept to share score info when first loading the game. If you have previously disallowed this just uninstall/reinstall and you'll be prompted again.
    • When entering a name on the Stats page, please pick something close to your boards name so we know where to hurl the abuse when you beat us :)
    • Gone Gaming crew will be playing too, but we're not eligible for the prize... mainly because we're already in the credits... We'll identify ourselves here so you know the top tester score.

You can find basic information for scoring in the Help section of the game

Here's some more detailed Tips & Tricks which will come with the Go Pro pack when the game is released: http://www.somepeoplesay.org/index.php/tips-tricks/

Good luck! You're going to need it... :D

* Fame consists of a prominent listing in game credits (they're short), fortune not guaranteed.
    ** If we get that many downloads we'll buy you a sauna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

*Due to slight variations in builds between iOS and Android we're going to have TWO winners, one on each platform!*

With just over 24 hours to go we have some clear leaders:

iOS: Deano546 with a pretty outrageous 664,220

Android: earthlypangaea with 586,390

<gloat>We'll disregard my own 720,620 with no powerups</gloat>

Well the votes are, the medics are en route to bandage up some seriously destroyed thumbs...

Thanks everyone for taking part and a special thanks to our two winners for such a sustained effort and frankly outrageous scores. I designed each section of track by hand and can't beat yiz.

Our two champions, heading into the game credits are:

iOS

deano546 with 766,520

Android

earthlypangaea with 755520

Gentlemen, please DM me your names as you'd like them to appear in the credits.

Also, since you've both clearly mastered the game, can you tell me if you think those scores are beatable...?

Are there any tips/tricks/inconsistencies you can share that might help us in final build, or that we should include in the pro guide. Feel free to post or DM as you see fit ;)

Just got 772, 520 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I can't find a video, but this quote sums it up nicely :P
    Groundskeeper Willie: I could ne'er have shot Burns. It's impossible for me to fire a pistol If you check me medical records, you'll see I have a crippling arthritis in me index fingers.
    I]holds up his fingers, which are misshapen[/I
    Groundskeeper Willie: I got it from space invaders in 1977.
    Chief WIggum: Oh yeah, that was a pretty addictive video game.
    Groundskeeper Willie: Video game?!

• Advertisement

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

karlh wrote: »
    Just got 772, 520 :P
    Pfft, come back when you get over 811k ;)

deano546 wrote: »
    Pfft, come back when you get over 811k ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just got into 4th place on iOS. Dunno how the lads are managing to get over 700,000???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement