Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When/What would yee like for the next one?

• 21-09-2007 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

as the title says.

Firsly, suggest some dates for the next lan.
    Secondly, Tell us what you would like to see at this next lan.

For Example, for me, next lan at end of october would rock.
    Changes i'd like to see, more active competitions.

Dates 9 votes

10th-11th November
    0% 0 votes
    17th-18th November
    55% 5 votes
    1st-2nd December
    44% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

anything but the bank holiday weekend at the end October for me.
    I'd like to see a bigger venue with more people and better organised comps, but that may be just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

The next will be my first Galway lan and same as Sniipe - anytime but preferably not a bank holiday weekend :)

I dont really care about competitions (this 'may' have something to do with my lossing streak..) but I love having some, well, older games at a lan - Dungeon Keeper etc :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

End of oct maybe. i want UT an cs tournies, lots!
    I want it to be free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

hehehe, soz tar, unless we had some very generous sponsor sort out the venue costs then your wish might come true.

So competitions are a must? but not too serious?

Shall we keep it PC only this time? and what about cutting it to 12 - 14hrs a day instead of the 24?

How did the 12-14 hour sessions work out like before? Did it become a pain setting up again and again? I like the idea certainly but have never tried it :)

I assume you mean PC competitions only - your not going to be picked up and flung out the door for bringing along a console? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

End of October would be good.

Consoles were only there because of the WCG quals so PC only would be good.

we've had to do 12-14's before and they are pretty decent, allows people to go for pints/sleep.

Anywho, any more suggestions keep em coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Doodee wrote:
    we've had to do 12-14's before and they are pretty decent, allows people to go for pints/sleep.

Yeah, the NUIG ones were fun.

Art_Wolf: No setting up again and again? Just leave your kit there overnight..

End of October sounds good to be, anytime after the 24th really! Suggestions...umm well almost everyone there seemed to want to play some poker last time so maybe we should actually make it happen :)

Maybe a CSS tournament? With the Lanparty servers getting so much traffic you could easily get numbers for it. Could run a normal and a gungame comp.

Fobia wrote:
    Yeah, the NUIG ones were fun.

Art_Wolf: No setting up again and again? Just leave your kit there overnight..

End of October sounds good to be, anytime after the 24th really! Suggestions...umm well almost everyone there seemed to want to play some poker last time so maybe we should actually make it happen :)

only problem is getting everyone to sit at a table for that long without there being a haze of distraction

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Maybe a CSS tournament? With the Lanparty servers getting so much traffic you could easily get numbers for it. Could run a normal and a gungame comp.
    1.6 and C:zero are so much easier to install though, yeah?
    I play them in college every day with my class. :)

Doodee wrote:
    only problem is getting everyone to sit at a table for that long without there being a haze of distraction

Hmm... reeealllllyyyy...
    *distraction*
    my pile of chips goes up by 50%
    \o/

Ok, so the next lan will officially be GalwayLAN and POKERTARIUM

have a poker game please!

indeedily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Apocalypse101

1.6 and C:zero are so much easier to install though, yeah?
    I play them in college every day with my class. :)
    i wont tell you again paul....condition zero is a pile of ****e.
    just cuz you play it all day doesnt mean we want to :D

end of october sounds good

Tired of getting your ass kicked. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I would like to attend this.
    People always want me to go to galway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Doodee wrote:
    Ok, so the next lan will officially be GalwayLAN and POKERTARIUM
    cool cool , will this be the third lan where poker was endorsed but not actually played ? ;o
    Roll on the next lan though, the're always great. A bank holiday weekend would be ideal I'd say.

One thing i noticed last time was that there wasn't a huge amount of structure around the games. Now im not suggesting a time table but if different person were appointed/volunteered to run certain games. It would be up to them to get the server running, ensure the patch are somewhere and everyone who wants to play can play.
    Hopefully this would result in the vast majority of the lanners playing one game at a time, and no matter what game it is - if lots of people are playing it should be great. Nothing worse than fragmented games of 2 and 3 dotted around the lan. This would also take some pressure of the organisers who get landed with having to do all that stuff for every game.

What ya think?

Well, Sniipe used to fulfill that role but as he has experienced its a lot of work as organising other people can be a massive pain in the ...
    If anyone wishes to Volunteer for the position then please drop me a PM.
    If this Lan is going to go ahead we will be down one Admin as he is busy with work.

I Propose that the Lan begins on the Friday night until 2am and then begins the following morning at 10am until midnight. This will then leave the Sunday free for people to head home to their respective territories and Halloween socials.

• Advertisement

I'll be at the next lan after this one. sisters wedding the bank holiday so, I'm out.
    Admining games isn't a lot of fun as there is such a diversity of games and a small of competitors per game, but once its working its great to participate in competitions.

Gah doubt I can attend either if its the bank holiday weekend :/

hmmm. Well the only other date will be the 20th of Oct which is only 2 weeks away.

What kind of attendance are we looking at for it?

"This means Say 'I' "

alternatively it could be held on the first weekend in November, to accomodate those going to Gaelcon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Games I'd like to play:
    Fortress Forever

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Doodee, its only 2 of us that can't make it so far... pick the date that suits u guys.

10/11 of November?

While we're at it, why not book the first weekend in February as another date for one.

I'll be flying back into Dublin on the 11/12th.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

A game of poker'd be a lotta fun. I'd love to see some QW Clan Arena or a duels comp. I'm not stressed about 24 hour or 12-14 hour - I'll go with the flow on that one :) More importantly though, I would like the people attending the LAN to take some fupping charge of things themselves and not wait to be shouted at a lot to get onto a server 15 mins after they were meant to be there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I might be on for this if it happens some time in Nov...
    Would love to play some TF2, maybe a bit of UT2004 insta DM... Sensi soccer and Speedball 2 on the 360 could be fun if consoles aren't ruled out.

• Advertisement

Consoles are on the cards.

Advertisement