Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap ski gear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Lidl is not the only place doing cheap ski gear. Columbia seem to have introduced a line of cheap skiwear. Sportswear shops like Lifestyle, Elvery's (and I presume Champion) seem to have a lot of Ski Jackets there in the €50 range. Salopettes are harder to come by. You will also get better jackets in the €100 range mark. Though for beginners the cheap jackets are solid, and do the job.

Also Millets are doing a winter sale with 20% off their skiwear. The list prices are a bit higher, but this kit is noticeably a cut above. My GF got a Columbia Jacket & Salopettes combo for €200 - a small premium on the rest but you got a lot of extra quality for that €20 premium.

Even Dunnes are getting in on the act with the cheapie stuff. Probably decent, but the stylings seem to be a bit ahem feminine.

I think maybe 80% of the jackets being sold are not going anywhere near a winter resort. Somewhere in the last few years ski jackets got a great rep as irish winter wear.

Also check out Millets for Gloves - €20 for proper ski gloves (goretex) I was a bit impressed to say the least.

Advertisement