Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Birthdays....

• 18-09-2001 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW (19th)!!!!!! :)

I'M ALL HAPPY AND GITTERY!!!!! :)

WOOOHOOO!!!!! :)

Alrighty....

My b-day is tomorrow. ( :) )

As you can see I'm all happy and stuff (though I ain't gettin' my prezzies till Strdy. *grr*.)

I just wanted to know....

When is youse peoples' birthdays and what do you feel like when the day arrives???

For most of us it's happy. Coming of age is great...more freedom, though more responsibility. It all weighs it self out. Unless you have a habit of blowing stuff up, but we won't go into that right now.

For some it's sad...I'm growing old help me!!! Not many teens feel this way.

Older people do...sort of a "how long have I go left" feel.

Anyway....this is gonna be another one of my characteristic POST 'EM ON DOWN threads, so do ye'er worst...

Sayonara me amigos,

Mike...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE! most of the time I am prety happy about birthdays mostly because I get to have friends over and we just sit aroun dand talk and thats great because we are all ending up at scattered schools. erg! but this year i didnt do anything yet or celebrate or do the whole presents thing becauuse my mom didnt feel like celebrating "in our nation's tragedy" . hmmph. this is really starting to piss me off. oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Happy birthday Smiley :)

By the way, 'sayonara' is japanese for an official goodbye, or a final goodbye - you wouldnt use it in that case at all... Ja Matiné is the more common goodbye.

Meh birthday is jan 28th if anyone wants to send me a card ;)

A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Adam, stop being a show-off!

mine is April 5th, so, so far away. (sniff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

hippy burpday,smiley
    if you just turned fifteen that makes me one day older than you as it was my burpday yesterday

i like presents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

APPY BURFDAY!
    My b-day's june 24th-cool for 2 reasons:
    1. Exactly 6 months from Christmas Eve-splits the year in half
    2. (And more importantly) Next year, I will be 18. YAYHAY LEGAL DRINKER! My birthday's the Monday after I finish my leaving cert!
    So double excuse to go drinking! (As if I didnt need one)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Happy burpday Aideen! Sorry I didn't know bout it! It's Gary's today too! He's 17 would you believe (all who know Paul, or as we call him Gary, should act shocked at this).

Mine is 29th May. Funky wunky banana spunky no?

It's a lllonng time away! Which is smelly! So yeah!

That's bout it then.

For me it means being older and closer to death, but so does each day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

my birthday is June 3rd, which funnily enough is not the same as my identical twin brother..........HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDEEN!!!!(Zag......or was it Zig(I cannot remember)). (Maybe I should ask mammy ray.)
    Anyhoo, birthdays, they don't mean that much to me, the anticipation is greater than the actual day.....just another day to celebrate, one of the many

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My birthday is the 23rd August, and is going to be made a national holiday when I achieve World Domination. It's the best time to have a birthday because
    - I never have a birthday during school
    - It's after CTYI so I'm fifteen and have two more fun-filled years to look forward to!! Which can't be said for people whose birthdays are in May.
    - It marks the fun end of a wonderful summer
    - Just about everyone is back from holidays so if I have a party most people can come
    - I am on a Leo/Virgo cusp, giving me an unusual personality (apparently because the two signs are so different)

I had a fun birthday party with a bouncy castle this year, it was brilliant. I love bouncy castles.

If anyone's interested, I have the same birthday as Peter Golden and, erm, Rich from Five. Also, if your name is Eoin the 23rd August is your namesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

Hey Fishie...you're not alone there...

I'm sort of a Virgo-Libra cusp - though I'm not sure if that's a good combination or not!! Libra for balance and Virgo for perfection...I should take up knive juggling!! :( :eek: :(

Anyway...thanks everyone for your greetings. Be sure to boast - I mean post your threads when it's ye'er birthdays.

Talk to ye later,

Ja matiné me amigos (thankyouforthatoneAdam),

Mike...

The problem with me is that Leo is a really spontaneous, extroverted, messy, fiery sign whereas Virgo is a more organised, introverted, perfectionist down-to-earth sign. So basically I have a conflicting personality which means I make no sense to anyone but myself (I call it Ailbhe-logic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Originally posted by Asuka

Meh birthday is jan 28th if anyone wants to send me a card ;)

Ack mate thats my gf's birthday! Her name is Askea, pronounced As-Ka. oh dear.... she's going to be 21, how about you?

ok, what i dont understand is that apparently virgos are supposed to be down to earth and perfectionistic and introverted and organized, but i am none of those. I am hyper, daydreaming, sloppy, VERRRRY extroverted disorganized person. i dont get it. i think i was born in the wrong sign. i think i will find whichever sign is best for me and adopt it. thats a good idea. oh, and what IS a bouncy castle? also, today is my brother's birthday. he is 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDEEN!!!! AND MIKE!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Birthday was July 18th. It was fun. But I think that once I reach my late twenties/early thirties I won't want to physically grow any older (i.e. become wrinkly and weak and stuff). BUT, if I do, then I'm going to steal Kev's idea and get one of those cool wizard's cloaks and a staff and wander around town waving it at people and things like that. And a big grey wizardy beard.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

Originally posted by imp
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDEEN!!!! AND MIKE!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

I LOVE YOU TOO,IAN!!!!
    you are,after all,my male counterpart!

Originally posted by nesf
    Ack mate thats my gf's birthday! Her name is Askea, pronounced As-Ka. oh dear.... she's going to be 21, how about you?

I hope youre taking the piss about that - its just freaky otherwise (even down to pronunciation!)
    Fortunately i will only be 18 in january, which takes the edge off it a little :)

Nonetheless...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I don't have a birthday.
    I was manufactured on the 14th of Aug.
    Does that count?

I lovveeeeee my birthday.
    Why?
    Omagh bomb day after.
    Elvis died.
    Hiroshima not too far off.
    WTC bombing month after.

Amn't i special.

Super

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

I had my birthday festivities yesterday. Which included prezzies. Which I am happy about.

But anyway, I posted again because yesterday I went to see
    A.I. - which in my opinion was simply a brilliant movie. Go see it...alll of you. Go now, post haste!! Run...the cinema awaits you, the popcorn is calling. You can just smell the butter, visualise the corny adds, the out of proportionally loud sound, the crunch of the popcorn in you hands as you reach into the tub and bring out huge overbrimming handfuls with particles of soft, yet crunchy, salty yet sweet in it's own special way, white an occasionally brownish popcorn falling out of your hands.

^^You see, this is why you should see the movie.

Plus it is brill.

****** out of ***** is my rating << thosearenotcurses,forthoseofyouwhodidn'tknow.

So, this is me saying, see the movie.
    And if you don't, at least buy the video.

Ja matiné me amigos,

Mike the Insomniac...

I hope youre taking the piss about that - its just freaky otherwise (even down to pronunciation!)
    Fortunately i will only be 18 in january, which takes the edge off it a little :)

Nonetheless...

A

No mate, I'm totally serious, you should have heard some of the theories in fortress.ie! My gf's name is Askea, very unique, pronounced as-ka, frankly I'm getting scared.

But at least you're only turning 18, (kiddie!) so I feel somewhat better! You weren't born in Limerick were you and presently living in Cork are you?........

nesf, that is really, REALLY, REALLY REALLY REALLY weird :)

A

I always thought the same about me being a Virgo... The fact that I'm kind of Leo helps explain it all. But then again, if you read the descriptions for all the other starsigns they're all pretty general and most of them fit me as well!
    A bouncy castle is a big inflatable bouncy thing shaped like a small castle, usually in bright colours with yellow and red and often with wizards and knights and things painted on the turrets. They're brilliant fun because you can bounce and... Well, yeah, you can bounce which says it all really. They are meant for children so I had to lie and pretend it was my twelvth (is that spelt right?) birthday!
    Does anybody here celebrate their namesday as well as their birthday?

• Advertisement

nesf, that is really, REALLY, REALLY REALLY REALLY weird :)

A

Yeah esp after that conversation with you and your gf on mirc.....

I feel so so unclean ;)

ok thank you for informing me on the subject of bouncy castles. how big are they? do you sit on them? they sound exciting. i will have to procure one if i ever come back to ireland... I am having Cadbury's withdrawal. i think it is probably worse than quitting smoking ( though i dont smoke. ). twelfth is how i think 12th is spelled. i am now going to take a nap. thank goodness it friday. and school is over for the week!

ermm... toodles!
    ~clare~

I knew it looked wrong! You can get them quite big, though the one I had wasn't really that big. We were told that since they aren't designed for people as old as twelve (we had seventeen year olds on it) that we should only have ten people bouncing at a time. So we had about eight at a time and could comfortably bounce while hitting each other with an inflatable hammer (thanks Janet!!) I'd post photos but I don't know if it's possible to do that and also I don't know how to work the scanner, being practically computer illiterate, so you'll just have to imagine it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Woman down my road rents bouncy castles. Actually, bout three houses down from me. My sister used to go with her son but that was a long time ago. My friend worked for her. She's from Swizterland. It's all mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mrsherself

Aww, I was searching boards for where I could write about it being my birthday today and I found this post from eleven years ago!
    I wonder how many of ye are still on boards, and what age was the ordinal poster back then?

I'm still on boards, but not normally on this forum because it's pretty dead! I think the original poster was celebrating their 15th; I'd just turned 15 myself, and I'll be 26 next week, although I won't have a bouncy castle this year :D

Just to let you know, on boards it's not generally the done thing to re-activate an old thread, if you do it on other forums you'll probably be told off!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mrsherself

Eek thanks for letting me know. Boards is a bloody weird place when you're new to it. rules rules rules!! Aw sad how time passes. Anyway, thanks, I won't post again

Advertisement