Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skatepark costing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Anybody got any news bout the proposed skate park in Lucan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

"Lucan has got the go ahead for a park! A meeting was held in the sports centre which will be the probable site for the park. There will be a further meeting soon where skaters can influence the design of the park"
    .. News from this site. They might update when they get further info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

sci0x wrote:
    "Lucan has got the go ahead for a park! A meeting was held in the sports centre which will be the probable site for the park. There will be a further meeting soon where skaters can influence the design of the park"
    .. News from this site. They might update when they get further info.
    lucan skatepark should be built by june/july 2005 or 2006. not too sure on da 2006 thing :cool: :cool: :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Limerick still is campaining to get a chunk of that 1.5million euro the gov. are giving out for the building of skateparks!

Limerick host the Munster championships without a permanent skate park and we have a skaters action group (or something along that line) who do demenstrations for the park!

Skating is already generating some revenue into the city... so why cant we have a proper skate park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

yeah Lucan is to have a skate park built by july 2005 for full details check out

http://www.geocities.com/irishskateparkforum/news.html

This is great news for skaters in Dublin If you have any queries just post them i will cgeck here every day to answer Thank You

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

Shag is that you From The Irish Skate Park Forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 prospe

hi, i arrived in ireland 2 months ago , i'm spanish and i went here to skate ,improve my english and earn some money...
    But, there isn't any decent skatepark anywhere...
    i'm actually living in Cork and i'm looking for all the good spots and skateshops in Ireland ,i would like to introduce here a spanish new brand so iif it's possible i would like to know all the places and skateshops of the country.
    i'm thinking about going in a few weeks to killarney or limmerik so can you reply me here listing the limmerik's and killarney's skateshops and spots???

thanks you very much and i hope we will take a ride together in a not very far future.

Jose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 crazy_lizard

does someone MOUNTAINBOARDING????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

theres a new skatepark in ballincollig in cork aswell dont know if theres shop in cork though do a search for a thread called ballincolig skatepark nd youl see a picture of it its pretty good,limerick are getting a skatepark too i think www.goreyskateclub.com it has a list of all the skateparks in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Wow... Old thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

gobby wrote:
    so basically ireland is the only european country where public skateparks cant exist. man that sucks...

gobby they obviously can exist in ireland because they already do exist! lucan bushy swords greystones galway waterford blanch and much more when there all finished there will be 21 new public skateparks in ireland.

americans sue a hell of alot more than irish how come they have so many parks. privately owned parks will still always be better because every one knows the owners for example ramp n rail never got sued cos nobody would ever make a claim against them

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Rancidmaniac13

Didn't Ramp'n'Rail close down because of insurance problems?

Isn't it just that private skateparks make you sign a disclaimer or waiver or whatever before you skate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

My first cousin Quinten from Portland, Oregon, couldn't believe the lack of skating amenities in Ireland and the cost involved in maintaining the existing ones. He also noticed the lack of community spirit among boarders here, insurance etc. He told me a story about his friend Jeffrey who got impaled on a 4 ft metal spike in a park over there, there was literally a metal spike sticking up from the ground beside a skateboard ramp. Jeffrey survived the incident, the spike somehow missed all his vital organs, but he never thought of suing, makes you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Warrenmac

well i know there is a rescession on but why can we write to the major companys such as DC VANS and the many others us skaters buy millions worth of there brands a year.Why not ask them to sponser state parks which they can advertise there brands by sticking there names all over it.Im sure if you get a skate park id and many other guys would pay for safety training and volenteer there time for free to manage the skate parks.also you can have people to sign a liabity waiver to give up the rights or there kids rights to sue as there using the skatepark at there own risk.the government are assholes.they rather spend 10 million on the dublin eye for tourist but not a few million on building skateparks for the kids who want to be off the streets but are forced to hang around on them becuase they have nowhere else to skate.if i won the euromillions tonight you be sure ireland would be getting the best and biggest skatepark in the world but saying that it aint going to happen.ha sorry this was abit off a rant but i hope people like some of my ideas.
    thanks
    warren

Advertisement