Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness

• 27-12-2003 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

You know what I'm talkin' about... good or bad people?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Im not sure the general opinion of the folks over on the frames site is that it will be good for mics music to travel all around the world-but I cant help but think if mic was still with us would he have wanted his music to be used in an ad campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

i've heard its ireland only. not a bad ad as they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

This is our heyday baby... let's go for a pint of guinness. Eh, no, I don't think it's the feeling he was trying to evoke with the song to be honest. On the other hand, the exposure is good for getting the song and album heard so the purpose behind the music can be fullfilled... It's a tricky one. Since the copyright is still under control of his estate (I think?) someone that knew him had to approve the use of the song and must have thought that he wouldn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Well I wouldnt have got his album if I hadnt heard his song on the add so that has to be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jbm

Guinness ad available to view online from the todayfm site

nice one

http://www.todayfm.com/tfmimages/temps/Guinness_Quarrel_60.mpg

jbm

• Advertisement
Advertisement