Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Man Utd...Last game at the Lane.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 4Leinster

Super farewell to the Lane. Notable absentees included former greats Lineker, gazza, hughton, bale, perryman, klinnsman, venables, greaves.

Slightly surprised at the inclusion of Simon Davies and Stephen Carr in the ceremony given that they're unlikely to find themselves in any spurs fan's list of 'legends'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Lineker prob could not due to to contract, gazza is prob either drunk or trying to sober up, bale would not be released, the rest I am surprised by, was Richard gough there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Lineker prob could not due to to contract, gazza is prob either drunk or trying to sober up, bale would not be released, the rest I am surprised by, was Richard gough there,

Gazza was invited but turned it down as he's recovering, he made a statement saying sorry that he wasn't well enough and had a very tough year with a nephew dying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭abff

The one I'm most surprised to see missing is Steve Perryman. Any idea why he wasn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

abff wrote: »
    The one I'm most surprised to see missing is Steve Perryman. Any idea why he wasn't there?
    Steve Perryman is DOF at Exetor,they had a big play off game today,that's what I heard anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Delighted to see Keano and Berbs at the Lane today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Greavesie wasn't well enough to attend today but was delighted to be invited. (received text from cousin in london. Spurs mad)

he also sent me this :)

Just bought a new TV to watch the Championship play offs on.

Nice telly but it comes with no Leeds

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

simon davies?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Surprised at Justin Edinburgh and Simon davies, Simon Davies even looked surprised to be there.

Teddy, 51, looks about 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭joeguevara

GS11 wrote: »
    Surprised at Justin Edinburgh and Simon davies, Simon Davies even looked surprised to be there.

Teddy, 51, looks about 30.

Arsenal were invited to attend but they didn't turn up....a bit like last week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

4Leinster wrote: »
    Slightly surprised at the inclusion of Simon Davies and Stephen Carr in the ceremony given that they're unlikely to find themselves in any spurs fan's list of 'legends'.

Delighted Steve Carr was there. I had a Carr and number 2 jersey as a young fella.

He captained the club, wore the jersey for 13 years and won player of the year twice (1999 and 2000).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Glebee

Vinny Samways looked a bit shook

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Worztron

Glebee wrote: »
    Vinny Samways looked a bit shook

I thought the same.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

GS11 wrote: »
    ... Simon Davies even looked surprised to be there. ...

+1

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Super farewell to the Lane. Notable absentees included former greats Lineker, gazza, hughton, bale, perryman, klinnsman, venables, greaves.

Yes, the absence of Chris Hughton & Jurgen Klinsmann was odd.

Klinsmann was there couple weeks before at the Arsenal game, which was strange,
    Hughton is very strange and galvin too, I would love to have seen gough, I used to think he was the dogs you know what until he went to rangers

Paul Stewart must have spent the last 20 years drinking and then cliff jones at 82 runs onto the pitch,

Klinsmann was there couple weeks before at the Arsenal game, which was strange,
    Hughton is very strange and galvin too, I would love to have seen gough, I used to think he was the dogs you know what until he went to rangers

Paul Stewart must have spent the last 20 years drinking and then cliff jones at 82 runs onto the pitch,

That's right - I forgot about Tony Galvin.

Kudos to Cliff Jones (aged 82) for jogging on while others walked slowly on. What a class act.

I could not believe the size of Clive Allen. *_*

• Registered Users Posts: 24 4Leinster

Tony Galvin was there and introduced as 'that rare thing - a footballer with a degree in Russian'.

In fairness who would blame Paul Stewart if he was drinking for the last 20 years after what he went through - at least he showed up, unlike Gazza - hence he got one of the loudest cheers of the evening.

Tony Galvin was there and introduced as 'that rare thing - a footballer with a degree in Russian'.

In fairness who would blame Paul Stewart if he was drinking for the last 20 years after what he went through - at least he showed up, unlike Gazza - hence he got one of the loudest cheers of the evening.

i was not aware stewart had some problems, not knocking the man just he had put on some serious weight

dont recall seeing galvin but glad he was there

I missed Galvin, I may rewatch it on Spurs YT channel.

Fair play to Paul Stewart for making it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭YiddoOConnell

It was great being there, didn't get on the pitch as I was south upper but did manage to take half my seat home with me :)

Advertisement