Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
02-12-2018, 12:17   #1
Stoner
Moderator
 
Stoner's Avatar
some help. Modern duck hunt

Not exactly retro!

My I'm looking for a modern duck hunt game that will work on an OLED TV

Note I have duck hunt !!

Anyway it's for a child . Or really for his godmother for a Christmas present.

It could be a good intro into a console for him anyway.

I saw a starwars one, might be advanced graphics

Ideally Point Blank would rock. Oisin this might be one for you.

I'd like the game play to be good

You can PM me if you want to pretend you only play the original!

I won't tell.

Thanks all
Stoner is offline  
Advertisement
02-12-2018, 12:21   #2
Atavan-Halen
He Touched My Breast!!
 
Atavan-Halen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,666
I don’t think you’ll get any light gun games to work on an oled.

Your best bet might be to pick up a wii, they’re super cheap now anyway, and load up some gun games on that.
Atavan-Halen is offline  
(3) thanks from:
02-12-2018, 12:33   #3
Inviere
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3,236
AimTrak would pro be the best solution, but not cheap, and not for beginners. As Atavan says, the Wii might be the best option. Also check out http://retrorgb.com/neslcdmod-beta.html

Last edited by Inviere; 02-12-2018 at 12:53.
Inviere is offline  
Thanks from:
02-12-2018, 12:41   #4
Stoner
Moderator
 
Stoner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavan-Halen
Your best bet might be to pick up a wii, they’re super cheap now anyway, and load up some gun games on that.
Got one. Good idea

He's not mad on it

Maybe I just need the plastic gun holder
Stoner is offline  
02-12-2018, 12:43   #5
Stoner
Moderator
 
Stoner's Avatar
Gun holder for Wii remote so
Stoner is offline  
Advertisement
02-12-2018, 12:54   #6
Stoner
Moderator
 
Stoner's Avatar
Turns out I'm a gamerdad

Wicked Monster Blast
Rated E
No Point Blank for the Wii

for the Wii

Now to find it
Stoner is offline  
Thanks from:
02-12-2018, 14:24   #7
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator
 
CiDeRmAn's Avatar
You could....
Get a little crt for nothing on Adverts and hook a PS2 up to it.
Get a Guncon2 and you're laughing.
There's all the Point Blank games as well as Virtua Cop
CiDeRmAn is online now  
(2) thanks from:
02-12-2018, 14:42   #8
Stoner
Moderator
 
Stoner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDeRmAn
You could.... Get a little crt for nothing on Adverts and hook a PS2 up to it. Get a Guncon2 and you're laughing. There's all the Point Blank games as well as Virtua Cop
Or just climb into the attic and find it all!!

I'm short a Guncon2 though. I know I don't I have one
Stoner is offline  
02-12-2018, 18:35   #9
Stoner
Moderator
 
Stoner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDeRmAn
You could.... Get a little crt for nothing on Adverts and hook a PS2 up to it. Get a Guncon2 and you're laughing. There's all the Point Blank games as well as Virtua Cop

Open to suggestions on a little crt.

Wii option is ordered

PS option part ordered
Stoner is offline  
Advertisement
02-12-2018, 18:36   #10
Doge
Registered User
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,292
I have the Guncon 3 for PS3 and Time Crisis 4, Time Crisis: Razing Storm and Deadstorm Pirates which are all the playable games on it.

It uses infrared sensors like the Wii to pick up the position of the gun.

The Guncon 3 has twin analog sticks but they're plastic and poor quality.

The PSVR Aim Controller is the first gun to get the twin analog sticks thing right and is very comfortable to use.

Also Time Crisis 4 is trash compared to the first 3 games, Time Crisis 2 still being my favourite light gun game.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm isn't on rails so you can use analog sticks to move around but they're awkward due to being crappy.
Doge is offline  
Thanks from:
02-12-2018, 18:38   #11
Doge
Registered User
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
Open to suggestions on a little crt.

Wii option is ordered

PS option part ordered
make sure the little CRT is about 20 inches at least, I find my 14" bvm isn't worth while for light gun games at all, its just too small and not one bit immersive.
Doge is offline  
(2) thanks from:
02-12-2018, 19:14   #12
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator
 
CiDeRmAn's Avatar
A modded Wii with the likes of Duck Hunt and Wild Gunman installed is a hoot.
But a PS2 is your only man.
With a CRT you can build your lightgun capable collection of consoles, including a DC for Confidential Mission and House of the Dead 2, a Saturn for House of the Dead and the original versions of Virtua Cop not to mention an Xbox for the Silent Scope Trilogy
CiDeRmAn is online now  
Thanks from:
04-12-2018, 03:39   #13
Doge
Registered User
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDeRmAn View Post
A modded Wii with the likes of Duck Hunt and Wild Gunman installed is a hoot.
But a PS2 is your only man.
With a CRT you can build your lightgun capable collection of consoles, including a DC for Confidential Mission and House of the Dead 2, a Saturn for House of the Dead and the original versions of Virtua Cop not to mention an Xbox for the Silent Scope Trilogy
The Gunvari Collection is a Japanese only release also thats worth picking up or downloading the iso.

It has Point Blank 1,2 & 3 on it as well as Time Crisis 1.
The only downside is that they'll be in Japanese.

I suppose you could always pick up the above as PS1 games and play them on PS2, but you'll be limited to using the inferior Guncon 1 controller.

The Guncon 2 has a much nicer clicky trigger and better tracking I believe.

Doge is offline  
Thanks from:
04-12-2018, 08:39   #14
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator
 
CiDeRmAn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
The Gunvari Collection is a Japanese only release also thats worth picking up or downloading the iso.
It has Point Blank 1,2 & 3 on it as well as Time Crisis 1.
The only downside is that they'll be in Japanese.

I suppose you could always pick up the above as PS1 games and play them on PS2, but you'll be limited to using the inferior Guncon 1 controller.

The Guncon 2 has a much nicer clicky trigger and better tracking I believe.

I have it in the collection, so you are welcome to try it out on Friday!

Only thing is, they are pretty straight, vanilla ports of the PS games rather than arcade ports the PS2 could have handled, especially with Time Crisis.

On the Xbox lightgun games, I can't for the life of me get it to work with my CRT, just won't work, and I have a big old sniper rifle effort specifically for use with the Silent Scope collection.

Virtua Cop on the PS2 is common enough, and is an excellent enhanced port of the Saturn games.

I forgot that House of the Dead II and III are on a cheap as chips collection for the Wii, not to mention the strictly for adults HoD Overkill.
CiDeRmAn is online now  
(2) thanks from:
11-12-2018, 09:02   #15
Stoner
Moderator
 
Stoner's Avatar
Ok I bought a Nerf Wii game and gun on Amazon, the gun shoots Nerf bullets too. I'd say it's muck, but might be ok for a novelty.

I also have the Wii monsters game ordered on eBay comes with two guns. It's new old stock.


Picked up a gcon gun on Sunday for the ps2

Point blank 1 and 2 bought on eBay

So just need to find time crisis in the attic and get a crt.

The crt is the challenge, getting a good one and sneaking it downstairs somewhere where the Anti Retro Game Monster lives.

Last edited by Stoner; 11-12-2018 at 09:13.
Stoner is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet