Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-01-2019, 20:57   #196
ozmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by horgan_p View Post
At £25 its a definite buy
Thats some price drop - Can they be bought online anywhere at this price + shipping?
Advertisement
02-01-2019, 20:11   #197
Dr Bob
Shh.. Not a Doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmo View Post
Thats some price drop - Can they be bought online anywhere at this price + shipping?
Seemed to be one or two tescos in the UK running that price , either a 'get em shifted' managers discount or an accidental reduction.
I dont think Tesco over here carried them ?
06-01-2019, 12:16   #198
StereoSound

If these keep dropping in price I might buy one for the hell of it. I'm glad I cancelled my pre order on one of these. I'd be sick if I paid 99 for it after all the problems with it. Sounds like a shed of a system but for small money I'd buy one, as an ornament at least.
Thanks from:
24-01-2019, 00:50   #199
ozmo

Interesting - device gives you access to the emulators built in menu - allows you to change the settings like frame rate, add scan lines etc. Wonder why Sony hid that menu... Also makes it possible use wireless controller...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r5DPXI_pnc

Thanks from:
24-01-2019, 07:59   #200
The Last Bandit

Big update to Bleemsync released.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-01-2019, 09:01   #201
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

Might have to buy one of these things now.
Einhander FTW!
24-01-2019, 18:26   #202
airmax87

Hack stick is an absolute scam, just make the bleemsync stick yourself, its as easy as dropping some files into folders.
25-01-2019, 03:32   #203
ozmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmax87 View Post
Hack stick is an absolute scam, just make the bleemsync stick yourself, its as easy as dropping some files into folders.
I cannot be sure as I havnt tried either- but they look like two completly things.
Hack stick is the less hacky one- it gives you wireless support and enables the existing hidden menu so you can run games at the intended 60hz rather than 50. For 20 quid it might have its uses.

Bleem does other stuff but not above?
25-01-2019, 07:25   #204
The Last Bandit

The 'hack stick' (stupid name btw) is just a controller bluetooth receiver and they have mapped the 'esc' key to a button combo to you can bring up the emulator menu.

Bleemsync creates a usb drive that allows you to add other games, emulators, custom themes to the stock system.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-01-2019, 10:22   #205
ozmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Bandit View Post
The 'hack stick' (stupid name btw) is just a controller bluetooth receiver and they have mapped the 'esc' key to a button combo to you can bring up the emulator menu.
Agree to all that(*) - and this is what I said in my post - the Bleem does not have either of this functionality you mention - eg,. Bleem as far as I can see doesn't offer Scan lines, control sensitivity, wireless or 60Hz play. Its only 20 quid - hardly a scam but seems to Complement the bleem device (*plus I might add it looks terrible)- again I dont have one.
25-01-2019, 11:47   #206
The Last Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmo View Post
Agree to all that(*) - and this is what I said in my post - the Bleem does not have either of this functionality you mention - eg,. Bleem as far as I can see doesn't offer Scan lines, control sensitivity, wireless or 60Hz play. Its only 20 quid - hardly a scam but seems to Complement the bleem device (*plus I might add it looks terrible)- again I dont have one.
Bleemsync lets you do all the above except wireless (you still need a hardware dongle for this), you can changed the emulator settings for each game individually or use a different emulator entirely, add scanlines, themes etc.
25-01-2019, 18:26   #207
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

I couldn't help it...
I had a €20 voucher there for the local mall and got the PS Classic for €40 as a result.
Now to make the magic happen!
I need the Ridge Racer and NfS games on there, but Raiden Project, Raiden DX, Einhander and Harmful Park are must haves too.
Thanks from:
25-01-2019, 20:39   #208
eddhorse

Send a message via ICQ to eddhorse
€40 is ok i think.
What mall are you talking about?
25-01-2019, 21:11   #209
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddhorse View Post
€40 is ok i think.
What mall are you talking about?
Argos in Swords Pavillions.
They have a good number more.
If the device is now as easy to hack as a NES Classic Mini I'd say they might become more popular quickly.
Thanks from:
25-01-2019, 23:08   #210
pasta-solo

It's very easy to hack, nothing to it. The hack vastly improves on the original, games play at full speed and mine has over 50 games now.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion