Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2019, 16:59   #151
Nikki Sixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
The social welfare system.
Too many cnuts happily sitting on their holes week in, week out.
Get up ta fcuk and get a job.
Why not give somebody a maximum of 1 year on the dole in a five year period. That’ll learn them.
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 17:26   #152
topper75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurt! View Post
Mandatory de-radicalization classes for middle-aged right wing men.

Activities will include yoga, mindfulness and confronting the difficult relationship they had with their judgemental father. Those refusing to cooperate with the programme will have their Sky Sports subscription taken away and their golf clubs confiscated.
Great idea potentially.
Who do we send around to enforce this though? Some bag of sticks wearing his sister's jeans?
Thanks from:
12-06-2019, 18:15   #153
lochlach

I'd make politicians more accountable - starting with a mandatory course for all voting age citizens on their personal responsibility to vote for politicians who will actually improve life for all the people in the Country, as opposed to the current method of political parties using demographics to "target" enough votes to get them elected...
12-06-2019, 19:42   #154
MadYaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
The weather, think France has the best all round climate, I'd happily change ours for theirs.
You ever lived in France all year round? There's better on offer. California would prob be the best if they got a tiny bit more rain. Still fcuk all rain but enough, and 80% of the time it's warm, dry and sunny but never too hot.

I change the pubs and clubs all closing so early, ridiculous in this day and age.
12-06-2019, 19:49   #155
Galwayguy35

Bring back the death penalty.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 20:02   #156
seasidedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Observer View Post
Outlaw private health care and private schools.

Everybody should contribute to the same system. If rich people want their children to go to better schools then they should invest in the whole system.
Eh, everyone who works does contribute to the "same system"

It's called paying taxes.

Private health is something you pay for if you choose and it's available in Scandinavia too for example. Also, by using a private health provider you take yourself out ofthe public system thereby (in theory) freeing a place for a less well off person.

Private schools: poorly understood that the state provides the same per student subsidies to the private school as they provide to a public school. The parents then pay the extra. The private student gets what they are entitled to via parents taxes. Many parents sacrifice a lot, cars, holidays etc to pay the extra.

Your "everyone gets the same" has never worked. Even in north Korea.
12-06-2019, 20:13   #157
Brendog

Send a message via MSN to Brendog
I'm sure its the 1657th time its been said but, THE WEATHER.

I'd love a North American climate. I'd happily suffer 6/7 months of harsh freezing winter and enjoy day to day dry sunshine from May to September.
(3) thanks from:
12-06-2019, 20:58   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidedub View Post
Eh, everyone who works does contribute to the "same system"

It's called paying taxes.

Private health is something you pay for if you choose and it's available in Scandinavia too for example. Also, by using a private health provider you take yourself out ofthe public system thereby (in theory) freeing a place for a less well off person.

Private schools: poorly understood that the state provides the same per student subsidies to the private school as they provide to a public school. The parents then pay the extra. The private student gets what they are entitled to via parents taxes. Many parents sacrifice a lot, cars, holidays etc to pay the extra.

Your "everyone gets the same" has never worked. Even in north Korea.
Not true
The private healthcare system in Ireland takes consultants and beds out of the public system

The state shouldn't be subsidising private schools when many of the state schools are falling down or bursting at the seams.
Thanks from:
15-06-2019, 09:55   #159
Hamsterchops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
A united Ireland first and foremost.
Many negative posts on here re our very high taxes, take car insurance for example, would they (in NI) really want to abandon their UK system for ours? would they also give up free GP visits courtesy of the NHS????

We may WANT (demand) a United Ireland, but maybe they don't. I would only change that if there was consensus...
Advertisement
15-06-2019, 10:37   #160
biko
Arbiter

Free daycare for children, in creches run by only OAPs so the kids learn from the people that built Ireland.
Also it keeps old folks young at heart and challenged so they don't waste away home alone.
Thanks from:
15-06-2019, 11:03   #161
Maryanne84

Quote:
Originally Posted by biko View Post
Free daycare for children, in creches run by only OAPs so the kids learn from the people that built Ireland.
Also it keeps old folks young at heart and challenged so they don't waste away home alone.
I’m bordering on being one of those OAPs. My retired mates wouldn’t have time for helping in crèches! They wonder how they ever found time for work! They’re busy with active retirement groups, walking, swimming, golf, days out etc. not all old folks sit home alone!
Thanks from:
15-06-2019, 11:04   #162
bobbysands81

Unite it.
(2) thanks from:
15-06-2019, 11:06   #163
bobbysands81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsterchops View Post
Many negative posts on here re our very high taxes, take car insurance for example, would they (in NI) really want to abandon their UK system for ours? would they also give up free GP visits courtesy of the NHS????

We may WANT (demand) a United Ireland, but maybe they don't. I would only change that if there was consensus...
There will be consensus. The partition of such a small island is senseless.

However, it’s not romantic ideals that will unite Ireland but capitalist ones.
Thanks from:
15-06-2019, 11:17   #164
corner of hells

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysands81 View Post
Unite it.
Untie it from what ?
Oops, my dyslexia is strong this morning.
15-06-2019, 11:49   #165
Hamsterchops

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysands81 View Post
There will be consensus. The partition of such a small island is senseless.

However, it’s not romantic ideals that will unite Ireland but capitalist ones.
Ironic that this island "may" become one political entity just as the neibouring island "may" split in two?

With Scotland possibly handing over control to Brussels while NI may possibly be run by Dublin, leaving London to support England & Wales

It's all change.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion