Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2019, 21:19   #181
Stephen15

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Flyer View Post
This is not a discussion about extremism, but about where LGBT sits, or doesn't, within Islam.
The Islamic centre in Clonskeagh, whose chief imam won't speak english after over twenty years in the country, was totally against same sex marriage.
People are happy and quick to bash Catholicism, and often rightly so, but don't mention islam the same way.
Why not?

A strange one considering democracy is considered haram under Sharia Law
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 21:21   #182
One eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshoe View Post
That was a bit of a non answer. A bit of a hissy fit thrown in for padding.

How can I answer a question with any sort of qualifications when I have no experience upon which to base that answer? There was no hissy fit, it was simply pointing out the useless premise of the question.
12-06-2019, 21:22   #183
jackboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFresh View Post
The negative reaction to depictions of Mohammed is not about offence, it's about it being prohibited. There is no such prohibition on depictions of the pope so why would there be a similar reaction?
You cannot believe that rationale.
(2) thanks from:
12-06-2019, 21:24   #184
One eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
Even better still make an Islamic version of Father Ted and show it in Saudi Arabia, Eygpt, Iran, Pakistan, Bahrain, Indonesia or any other Islam invested hellhole and see how far you would get it would never get to pass and in the highly unlikely it somehow got on air it would almost certainly end in beheadings. I'm sure the silent majority of sane minded people would probably relate and find it funny but not the government and certainly not the Islamic fundamentalists.

So you admit you don’t know that it’s been done, yet somehow you know it would end in beheadings... somehow

Quote:
People need to understand that Islam is not a religion it's an ideology and a way of life similar to fascism or communism. It may be portrayed as a religion but if you look into it more Sharia law doesn't just govern religious it governs forgein policy, economic policy etc. and seeks to rule under an Islamic Caliphate ie. a country governed under entirely under Sharia law.

Ehh, the same is true of Catholicism and Canon Law.
12-06-2019, 21:24   #185
Blueshoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by One eyed Jack View Post
How can I answer a question with any sort of qualifications when I have no experience upon which to base that answer? There was no hissy fit, it was simply pointing out the useless premise of the question.
You have politician traits.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 21:27   #186
Danzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by One eyed Jack View Post
So you admit you don’t know that it’s been done, yet somehow you know it would end in beheadings... somehow

Ehh, the same is true of Catholicism and Canon Law.
It has been done at the mildest level and people have died for it, legally backed.

That you pretend it wouldn't is mad.
(3) thanks from:
12-06-2019, 21:38   #187
jmreire

[QUOTE=One eyed Jack;110422648]How can I answer a question with any sort of qualifications when I have no experience upon which to base that answer? There was no hissy fit, it was simply pointing out the useless premise of the question.

My post was not a question, Jack. It was a statement in reply to you :

"" People take the piss out of Mohammad all the time. Nobody died. It’s fine. There are more people who claim they can’t take the piss out of Mohammed than there were ever people who died for taking the piss out of Mohammed. It’s a claim that just doesn’t stand up to any sort of examination.""

You can make jokes and cartoons about any subject under the Sun without fear of reprisal Jack, but not Mohammad or Islam, And people are being killed all round the world for the crime of "Insulting Islam "just because you personally have not heard of it, does not mean that it is not happening. Do a little bit of research on the subject, and you will see what I mean.

Last edited by jmreire; 12-06-2019 at 21:42. Reason: Grammar
Thanks from:
12-06-2019, 21:46   #188
MrFresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackboy View Post
You cannot believe that rationale.

Can you point out its flaw? If something is prohibited by one religion but not by another then you could hardly expect members of the latter to be upset by the prohibition being breached. I'm not going to be upset if I find out there is pork in my meal but a Jewish person likely will be. That doesn't make me more reasonable than him, he just believes in something different.
Thanks from:
12-06-2019, 21:51   #189
the dunne

What? You can hardly expect the lads NOT to kill people because their religion doesn't allow someone drawing their buddy?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 21:53   #190
the dunne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFresh
Can you point out its flaw?

I'm not going to be upset if I find out there is pork in my meal but a Jewish person likely will be. That doesn't make me more reasonable than him, he just believes in something different.
So would that justify him killing someone?

Mental gymnastics
12-06-2019, 21:59   #191
jmreire

Quote:
Can you point out its flaw? If something is prohibited by one religion but not by another then you could hardly expect members of the latter to be upset by the prohibition being breached. I'm not going to be upset if I find out there is pork in my meal but a Jewish person likely will be. That doesn't make me more reasonable than him, he just believes in something different.
yes that's very true MrFresh, and in most cases it work's very well for the majority of people, but lets assume for arguments sake a slightly different scenario, The Jew ( strict Hasidic ) feels that you have mortally insulted him, by the very act of eating pork in his presence, and he takes out his sword ( insert weapon of choice here ) and cuts your head off??? And that's where the problem begins...when you must not do certain things because some one else is offended by them, to the point he feels justified in killing you.

Last edited by jmreire; 12-06-2019 at 22:33.
12-06-2019, 22:23   #192
Sweetemotion

It's simply turkeys voting for Christmas.
(4) thanks from:
12-06-2019, 22:25   #193
Danzy

Lots of rationale for killing Jews, women, gays in Islam, do you consider that acceptable as well Mr Fresh.

Actually don't bother answering, I'm too tired to entertain prevarication.

Last edited by Danzy; 12-06-2019 at 22:35.
(3) thanks from:
12-06-2019, 22:26   #194
Danzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dunne View Post
So would that justify him killing someone?

Mental gymnastics
Let's not get Mr Fresh started on Jews.
12-06-2019, 22:27   #195
jackboy

Quote:
There is a big difference between ‘being upset’ and ultra violence.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion