Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Because it only matters to some ***** with issues.
    Now if they turn out to be white English assholes you won't be interested.

Let’s wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Black teenager criminality seem to be out of control in London.

...really? All the rest are saints then?

In a place as ethnically diverse as london its a fools gambit to try and predict the ethnicity in situation like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the attackers appear to be kids so dont expect any further info tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

The issue here is our lack of any political will to flog thugs like this in the center of every town square the length and breath of the country. The generations coming up now have never known discipline as their snowflaked parents medicate them with phones instead of dealing with bad behavior. It's time to bring back discipline... Have them out picking up rubbish, cleaning chewing gum - anything but stop stop letting these types off with a stupid slap on the wrist - suspended sentences. Unless we do something this behavior and other thuggery will get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Let’s wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

...sez mr "they're bleck".

• Advertisement

• Hal3000 wrote: »
    The issue here is our lack of any political will to flog thugs like this in the center of every tian square the length and breath of the country. The generations coming up now have never known discipline as they're snowflaked parents medicate them with phones instead of dealing with bad behavior. It's time to bring back discipline... Have them out picking up rubbish, cleaning chewing gum - anything but stop stop letting these types off with a stupid slap on the wrist - suspended sentences. Unless we do something this behavior and other thuggery will get worse.

which country now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Thanks for the heads up, i’ll keep an eye out for them.

Something tells me.you only need to go as far as the bathroom ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Yeah, I suppose we didn’t need to know the gender or sexuality of the victims either.

The gender and sexuality of the victims is the reason they were attacked. I would say that's a crucial part of the story. Are you suggesting the attackers' ethnicity may have been a contributing factor in why they decided to attack these two innocent people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

which country now

England - Ireland every bleedin where

Something tells me.you only need to go as far as the bathroom ;)

Why, you in there taking a dump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Sand

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Because it only matters to some ***** with issues.
    Now if they turn out to be white English assholes you won't be interested, other than to perhaps make a snide comment or two as to the victims sexuality.

Its West Hampstead, and the victims claim at least one had a foreign accent. Its highly likely that if they are not English assholes that the incident will never get media attention again.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

I read the article and while it could be classified as a homophobic attack, I saw it more as an opportunistic episode, in that those thugs would gave attacked any vulnerable person(s) that they might have come upon at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

It doesn't matter whether they were attacked because they were of any sexual orientation.

Or whatever type of person the attacker's are to be honest.

An attack is an attack, unfortunately for these two young ladies they met up with the wrong crowd and got slagged off and a hiding.

Myself and the brother got attacked by a bunch of scobes on holidays in Wexford back in 1993 and were badly beaten.

We were attacked in an arcade/pool hall because we had a western lilt in our accent's by a few Dublin lads...

They called us ******'s too and culchies.....
    One girl in the group kicked me while on the ground...

Just got up after and dusted ourselves down, had a laugh about it and got on with the holidays in ****ty Courtown.

Big effen deal, it's over in the UK get over yourselves for being outraged.....

Sand wrote: »
    Its West Hampstead, and the victims claim at least one had a foreign accent. Its highly likely that if they are not English assholes that the incident will never get media attention again.

She also claimed that the other three were Britsh.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The gender and sexuality of the victims is the reason they were attacked. I would say that's a crucial part of the story. Are you suggesting the attackers' ethnicity may have been a contributing factor in why they decided to attack these two innocent people?

Hard to say without the facts. Then again we wouldn’t be hearing about it at all if the victims were straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Why, you in there taking a dump?

Run along child, you bore me.

One had a Spanish accent the others were described as British.

She also claimed that the other three were Britsh.

British is a fairly catchall term these days.

Run along child, you bore me.

Jog on mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Black teenager criminality seem to be out of control in London.

You need to look up the demographics of London. Blacks account for about 13% of over 8 million people there, about 1m. From that number there must be a couple of hundred thousand black teenagers from which a tiny minority are involved in crime.

• Advertisement

Hard to say without the facts. Then again we wouldn’t be hearing about it at all if the victims were straight.

So until you know the attackers' ethnicity, you're unable to say whether it was a factor?

I think if a straight couple got attacked for being straight, it would make the news, don't you?

Only slightly moreso than English.

• FunLover18 wrote: »
    So until you know the attackers' ethnicity, you're unable to say whether it was a factor?

I think if a straight couple got attacked for being straight, it would make the news, don't you?

id say they came afoul of a group from one of the lower socioeconomic classes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Sand wrote:

Jasus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Yeah, the thing is we would though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

London is a very dodgy place these days. The scum seem to rule the day.

• Billy Mays wrote: »
    Yeah, the thing is we would though

yeah as i said the boards are clogged with the threads about every assault on london public transport alright

Only slightly moreso than English.

Not really. English is a specific ethnicity, like Scottish or Welsh. British is not. I am Irish. If I lived in the UK for 5 years, I could become British. But I would still be Irish, not English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Kyla Witty Mathematics

klaaaz wrote: »
    You need to look up the demographics of London. Blacks account for about 13% of over 8 million people there, about 1m. From that number there must be a couple of hundred thousand black teenagers from which a *tiny minority* are involved in crime.

You need to look up the correlation with ethnicity and crimes, many reports and stats clearly suggest that young black people were over-represented at all stages of the criminal justice system.

Similar can be said of some certain religions, again 'over-representation' is very apparent (circa +300%+) compared to all other groups, with one exception.

Likely there is complex factors at play including poverty, peer pressue, enviromental factors and so on, and no quick and easy solutions available (just as Major Khan who is now has unprecedented crime levels under his watch).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

No need for an agitator here that's for sure lol

Advertisement