Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-06-2019, 18:18   #46
smurgen
Registered User
 
smurgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,924
Feel very sorry for them girls.anyone attacking harmless people in such a cowardly fashion need to be caged asap
smurgen is offline  
Advertisement
07-06-2019, 18:18   #47
Hal3000
Registered User
 
Hal3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaughton99 View Post
Trump was spot on when he called out the sadiq Kahn during the week.
They've obviously adopted the Irish judiciary approach to sentencing there too... Good lad - a lovely letter from mammy - disadvantaged background - bright future ahead of him.....
Hal3000 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
07-06-2019, 18:19   #48
Gimme A Pound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsy McSwagger View Post
It’s the BBC they ain’t going to mention the Religious angle
I know that a lot of muslims are homophobic but you have zero evidence that it was muslims who carried this out.

And also, I'm not even sure it was a homophobic or misogynistic attack (i.e. because they're women and because they're gay). Homophobes wouldn't be looking for a sexy display by them surely. I think they got attacked because they refused to comply with the demands of some scummy pieces of sh1t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneemos View Post
This thread is actually more disturbing than the attack.
God yeah, words on the internet - so much worse than physical assault.
Gimme A Pound is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-06-2019, 18:22   #49
Matt Barrett
Registered User
 
Matt Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsy McSwagger View Post
It’s the BBC they ain’t going to mention the Religious angle
Anglican, religion of peace my arse!
Matt Barrett is offline  
Thanks from:
07-06-2019, 18:29   #50
FTA69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,558
This site cracks me up at times. A pair of young women battered on the bus in an attack provoked due to their sexuality and people are either trying to play down the nature of the homophobia involved or else using this horrible incident based on prejudice to crowbar in a load of prejudice of their own.

Honestly like.
FTA69 is offline  
Advertisement
07-06-2019, 18:29   #51
Matt Barrett
Registered User
 
Matt Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan of Bling View Post
Will be the official religion of all Europe soon enough.
After Roman catholic I'll give it a fair go.
Matt Barrett is offline  
Thanks from:
07-06-2019, 18:31   #52
_Brian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 12,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTLEFTHAND View Post
London is a cesspool of criminality these days.
Bit like Dublin so
_Brian is online now  
Thanks from:
07-06-2019, 18:35   #53
Cryptopagan
Registered User
 
Cryptopagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Brian View Post
Bit like Dublin so
Dublin is not in the same league at all.
Cryptopagan is offline  
07-06-2019, 18:36   #54
_Brian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 12,062
So far I’ve seen posters suggest it looks staged and maybe a religious element.

What’s wrong with you people that you just can’t see this for what it is, a horribly homophobic attack on a couple out enjoying a night and keeping to themselves.

The lads were just a bunch of Neanderthals, hope they are held accountable for this.

Was same on the Aoife Dooley thread, straight off people were doubting anything happened and saying she was making it up for attention.

Feckin sickening the victim blaming against women by a bunch of juveniles here.
_Brian is online now  
Advertisement
07-06-2019, 18:36   #55
FunLover18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalynn Skinny Shepherdess View Post
I know that a lot of muslims are homophobic but you have zero evidence that it was muslims who carried this out.

And also, I'm not even sure it was a homophobic or misogynistic attack (i.e. because they're women and because they're gay). Homophobes wouldn't be looking for a sexy display by them surely. I think they got attacked because they refused to comply with the demands of some scummy pieces of sh1t.

God yeah, words on the internet - so much worse than physical assault.
It may not have been homophobic in the sense that it didn't arise from a fear of homosexuality but the women were targeted because of their sexuality. The attackers wanted them to kiss as they saw it as they thought it would be amusing, I seriously doubt that they would have attacked or goaded a heterosexual couple in the same manner. I would also say that it was misogynistic as I don't believe they would have goaded two gay men in the same way given that two men kissing hasn't been potrayed in media in the same lecherous way as two women kissing has.
FunLover18 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
07-06-2019, 18:39   #56
YFlyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birneybau View Post
4 lads arrested, one had been speaking Spanish. But sure, religion of peace...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-on-london-bus
Where does it say they were speaking Spanish?

The flight attendant typed entered a detail account of the attack to facebook in both English and Spanish.
YFlyer is offline  
Thanks from:
07-06-2019, 18:40   #57
suicide_circus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,753
serious question, are all crime committed by men against women misogynist?
suicide_circus is offline  
(4) thanks from:
07-06-2019, 18:41   #58
Gimme A Pound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTA69 View Post
This site cracks me up at times. A pair of young women battered on the bus in an attack provoked due to their sexuality and people are either trying to play down the nature of the homophobia involved or else using this horrible incident based on prejudice to crowbar in a load of prejudice of their own.

Honestly like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Brian View Post
So far I’ve seen posters suggest it looks staged and maybe a religious element.

What’s wrong with you people that you just can’t see this for what it is, a horribly homophobic attack on a couple out enjoying a night and keeping to themselves.

The lads were just a bunch of Neanderthals, hope they are held accountable for this.

Was same on the Aoife Dooley thread, straight off people were doubting anything happened and saying she was making it up for attention.

Feckin sickening the victim blaming against women by a bunch of juveniles here.
I agree with plenty of what you say. It is incredible the way things get deflected and twisted to make it seem like the victim is the one at fault. Aoife Dooley thread, Sinead Burke thread. Astonishing (well it should be).

But I think things should be described accurately. I don't think they were attacked *because* they're gay. I think they were attacked because they wouldn't do what was demanded of them and because they were easy targets.
Gimme A Pound is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-06-2019, 18:41   #59
super_furry
Registered User
 
super_furry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 24,323
"But what about a pride march for straight people?"
super_furry is online now  
07-06-2019, 18:41   #60
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor8600 View Post
While this was a homophobic attack, I think these women just were unlucky to be picked by those lowlifes, who would have likely attacked someone (probably whoever looked weaker) on the bus anyway.
Genuinely head scratching comment, literally what is the point of the remark?
jobbridge4life is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet