Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-12-2018, 11:11   #31
ancapailldorcha
Order! Order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randd1 View Post
Both sides, left and right, rarely, if ever, stand for that at all. It's always about what should be allowed, what should be banned, what should be said, what shouldn't be said with them.

Even more nauseating is the left.....
This is just imported US identity politics on full display. It's a cheap and easy way for people to dismiss other people and opinions they don't like by treating them as some form of "other" and you've just done the same here. You've just made a whole generalisation based on a caricature of left-wingers that's both ridiculous and suits your world view. It's like me saying that 60-something million Republican voters in the US want another Holocaust because some of them like to wave Swastika flags and salute pictures of Hitler.
Advertisement
21-12-2018, 11:17   #32
Bannasidhe
Moderation is the key.

Quote:

Whereas a genuine liberal couldn't give a f*ck either way, they would say Jenner may be a man but he's his own self, let Jenner have his tits and call himself what or who he wants, its his body and as long as he's not hurting anyone then who really cares.
However, it would appear that this "genuine liberal" would be unable to use a female pronoun when writing about Jenner.
(2) thanks from:
21-12-2018, 11:20   #33
randd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancapailldorcha View Post
This is just imported US identity politics on full display. It's a cheap and easy way for people to dismiss other people and opinions they don't like by treating them as some form of "other" and you've just done the same here. You've just made a whole generalisation based on a caricature of left-wingers that's both ridiculous and suits your world view. It's like me saying that 60-something million Republican voters in the US want another Holocaust because some of them like to wave Swastika flags and salute pictures of Hitler.
In my post I also previously mentioned the right, and I was comparing how the two are alike in their approach, namely ban or belittle that which they don't like as opposed to genuine liberals that couldn't care either way and just live and let live.

But I suppose you missed/ignored that part of the post. And you reference people posting that suits their world view?
21-12-2018, 11:22   #34
silverharp

a genuine liberal would be appalled at compromises to free speech , if you arent then you arent
21-12-2018, 11:22   #35
ancapailldorcha
Order! Order!

Quote:
In my post I also previously mentioned the right, and I was comparing how the two are alike in their approach, namely ban or belittle that which they don't like as opposed to genuine liberals that couldn't care either way and just live and let live.

But I suppose you missed/ignored that part of the post. And you reference people posting that suits their world view?
I cut out the Caitlyn Jenner stuff which included your bit about the right.
Advertisement
21-12-2018, 11:24   #36
randd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannasidhe View Post
However, it would appear that this "genuine liberal" would be unable to use a female pronoun when writing about Jenner.
The could call him she if they wanted. The could call her she. They could call her him.

They could use the phrase it either, I don't know, I can't speak for another individuals outlook on the world, I was generalising that my view of a liberal wouldn't care about Jenner's situation either way and would juts live and let live.
21-12-2018, 11:25   #37
nthclare

I had a girlfriend who was a liberal, she was a pain in the arse to be honest.

Condoned Islamic extremists, condoned her son going around with rotten teeth from smoking dubes and taking speed.
Didn't see anything wrong with it, condoned him treating his wife like crap....he was married at 20 ran out of it by 25
His wife had enough of his drinking and drug's, it was all her fault

She was a typical SJW

I found out after herself and her SJW friends decided to strip naked lie in a field and do a bush out protest when President Bush came to Ireland....
So they got their bush out and fed two bird's with the one scone bllsht

Bunch of crusty snowflakes...

They're all bullies those sjw's
Thanks from:
21-12-2018, 11:27   #38
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant z View Post
There seems to be a trend of those who claim to be liberal but are completely intolerant of those who dont share their own world outlook. They are liberal as long as you agree with them but if anyone so much as strays from their own group think they are attacked, slandered and censored. Why are so many self proclaimed liberals in favour of tighter censorship laws and clamping down on freedom of speech, which is an essence of a true liberal society. Surely being liberal means supporting free speech whether you agree with it or not. The fact is liberalism is about supporting free speech and expression and opposing censorship which is the exact opposite to what so many who claim to be on the liberal spectrum have proposed. It seems liberalism has been hijacked by SJWs and college students, in favour of identity politics which is anything but liberal. Its time real liberals stood up and defended the true liberal values of freedom of speech and democracy.
Jeez what a cry baby
(2) thanks from:
21-12-2018, 11:27   #39
RobbieTheRobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant z View Post
There seems to be a trend of those who claim to be liberal but are completely intolerant of those who dont share their own world outlook. They are liberal as long as you agree with them but if anyone so much as strays from their own group think they are attacked, slandered and censored. Why are so many self proclaimed liberals in favour of tighter censorship laws and clamping down on freedom of speech, which is an essence of a true liberal society. Surely being liberal means supporting free speech whether you agree with it or not. The fact is liberalism is about supporting free speech and expression and opposing censorship which is the exact opposite to what so many who claim to be on the liberal spectrum have proposed. It seems liberalism has been hijacked by SJWs and college students, in favour of identity politics which is anything but liberal. Its time real liberals stood up and defended the true liberal values of freedom of speech and democracy.

There is no freedom of speech in Ireland.
Advertisement
21-12-2018, 11:28   #40
randd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancapailldorcha View Post
I cut out the Caitlyn Jenner stuff which included your bit about the right.
Yes but only referenced the bit about the left without applying the context of the bit about the right, and how both refer to a liberal view on things.
21-12-2018, 11:29   #41
randd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthclare View Post

Condoned Islamic extremists, condoned her son going around with rotten teeth from smoking dubes and taking speed.
Didn't see anything wrong with it, condoned him treating his wife like crap....he was married at 20 ran out of it by 25

She was a typical SJW

I found out after herself and her SJW friends decided to strip naked lie in a field and do a bush out protest when President Bush came to Ireland....

Was she at least good looking?
21-12-2018, 11:30   #42
Bannasidhe
Moderation is the key.

Quote:
The could call him she if they wanted. The could call her she. They could call her him.

They could use the phrase it either, I don't know, I can't speak for another individuals outlook on the world, I was generalising that my view of a liberal wouldn't care about Jenner's situation either way and would juts live and let live.
But they couldn't just respect Jenner's wishes?

They get to decide which pronoun to use according to their own wishes?

Not very liberal.
(2) thanks from:
21-12-2018, 11:32   #43
Bannasidhe
Moderation is the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthclare View Post

She was a typical SJW

You ok Hun?

Sounds like you might have some post-break up issues to work through.
Maybe you should talk to someone.
Not me. I can't be doing with that kind of supportive sh*te.
(2) thanks from:
21-12-2018, 11:34   #44
nullzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realt Dearg Sec View Post
It wouldn't go well. What does that have to do with having liberal views in Ireland?
Whoosh, the whole point went right over your head.
21-12-2018, 11:34   #45
ancapailldorcha
Order! Order!

Quote:
Yes but only referenced the bit about the left without applying the context of the bit about the right, and how both refer to a liberal view on things.
I did. It was a mistake.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion