Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
12-04-2018, 08:12   #1
ancapailldorcha
Order! Order!
 
ancapailldorcha's Avatar
Belfast rape trial discussion thread II

This thread is for continuing the discussion of the recent Belfast rape trial. The old thread can be found here.

Thanks,
The AH mods.
ancapailldorcha is online now  
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 09:26   #2
tritium
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,668
“Oh my god we’re so outraged”

“Burn them they’re scum”


“What, we have to click on a different link now?”

“Nah, we couldn’t be arsed, not that pushed really”

Feckin twitter generation
tritium is offline  
(3) thanks from:
12-04-2018, 09:27   #3
mariaalice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,605
Why does it need another discussion?
mariaalice is offline  
12-04-2018, 09:29   #4
Augeo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 12,170
But sure the spit roast video sent the following day had nothing to do with the night before ......... unless it was a bit of fingering in the video.

And Harrison was the one who sent it after getting the girl home......... and sent her a "chin up you wonderful women text"

Can't fathom how that wasn't inlcuded in evidense.
Augeo is offline  
12-04-2018, 09:29   #5
goz83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaalice View Post
Why does it need another discussion?
It's not another discussion, it's a continuation of the same discussion. Look at the mod post on the last page of the other thread for the hint.
goz83 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 09:33   #6
Zulu
Registered User
 
Zulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 10,104
These threads need to be killed.



With fire.
Zulu is offline  
12-04-2018, 09:34   #7
kneemos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18,197
Let me guess.

You said he said but I'm right
kneemos is offline  
Thanks from:
12-04-2018, 09:38   #8
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaalice View Post
Why does it need another discussion?
Because its one of the busiest threads on boards.

Can someone PM me the juicy whatsapps.

I need a good laugh before I go to the dentist.

Will I get into trouble though If I open them. I suppose its not my fault if a bold person sennds them but then omg, poor Jackson got into more trouble becasue Harrison sent him juicy stuff from the internet.

The woman in the juicy stuff may be happy to be in the threesome because she is paid for it, she is probably gorgeous and the harpies think they should tell other women not to capitalise on their good looks, the harpies are just jealous because no one would invite them to join a threesome.

The harpies shouldnt die wondering what a threesome would be like, if they go online they could probably find a website where male escorts would do a threesome if you pay them.
tretorn is offline  
12-04-2018, 09:40   #9
Bunny12345
Registered User
 
Bunny12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20
Wouldn't mind being PM'd the whatsapps if anyone has them
Bunny12345 is offline  
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 09:44   #10
BBDBB
Moderator
 
BBDBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augeo View Post
But sure the spit roast video sent the following day had nothing to do with the night before ......... unless it was a bit of fingering in the video.

And Harrison was the one who sent it after getting the girl home......... and sent her a "chin up you wonderful women text"

Can't fathom how that wasn't inlcuded in evidense.
Because it was prejudicial rather than probative, ie it doesnt prove anything in relation to the case but would serve only to stir the ****

Evidence for a trial has to have purpose in relation to either proving or disproving guilt of the accusation. This piece of evidence didn't meet that criteria according to the Judge.
BBDBB is offline  
(3) thanks from:
12-04-2018, 09:47   #11
meeeeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by tretorn View Post
Because its one of the busiest threads on boards.

Can someone PM me the juicy whatsapps.

I need a good laugh before I go to the dentist.

Will I get into trouble though If I open them. I suppose its not my fault if a bold person sennds them but then omg, poor Jackson got into more trouble becasue Harrison sent him juicy stuff from the internet.

The woman in the juicy stuff may be happy to be in the threesome because she is paid for it, she is probably gorgeous and the harpies think they should tell other women not to capitalise on their good looks, the harpies are just jealous because no one would invite them to join a threesome.

The harpies shouldnt die wondering what a threesome would be like, if they go online they could probably find a website where male escorts would do a threesome if you pay them.
I wouldn't worry about 'harpies'. No sane sponsor would want to be on the same side as the likes of you. Can you imagine sponsoring a club and then you discover you are lumped together with people with no class and their behaviour casts a shadow on your business.
meeeeh is offline  
12-04-2018, 09:47   #12
givyjoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny12345 View Post
Wouldn't mind being PM'd the whatsapps if anyone has them
I wonder are the same ones that were going around at the beginning of the trial?
givyjoe is offline  
12-04-2018, 09:58   #13
Faugheen
Registered User
 
Faugheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,868
People here talk about the 'frenzied mob' and what have you.

Yet if anyone suggests that sponsors might pull out they get all defensive and almost offended themselves.
Faugheen is online now  
(4) thanks from:
12-04-2018, 09:58   #14
suicide_circus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 14,787
Why is a spit roast video more shocking than the use of the term spit roast?
suicide_circus is offline  
12-04-2018, 09:59   #15
ArthurDayne
Registered User
 
ArthurDayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 500
Not to judge anyone, or to purport to dictate to people what they should and should not read (though I would tread very very carefully on material relating to a trial), but before asking to be PM'd these Whatsapps it's worth asking yourself -- why do you want to see them? Is there any public or private interest in being any further privy to the private lives of these people than we already are? The trial is over. Any relevant evidence has been assessed, weighed up and scrutinised in a court of law. There is no further value in reading anyone's Whatsapps.

The thing that made this trial an affront to the principles of a fair trial was the sensationalist and even borderline voyeuristic nature of the media reporting and public discourse around the trial. I would merely humbly implore people to resist the temptation to be drawn any further into peeking under the veil between peoples' private and public lives -- make a principled stand against this obsession and instead focus on the substantive areas of debate.
ArthurDayne is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search