Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home Insurance evaluation + Average Annual fee

Options
  • 10-12-2019 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi,

How much is the annual fee for a home insurance for a 3 bedroom duplex property with Property Management company?

What're the features that reduce the fees apart of the type of cover? E.g monitored alarm system, etc

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Kaldo wrote: »
    Hi,

How much is the annual fee for a home insurance for a 3 bedroom duplex property with Property Management company?

What're the features that reduce the fees apart of the type of cover? E.g monitored alarm system, etc

Thanks

Duplex is an apartment so that means the management company will have block insurance. You only have to insure the contents.

My full house
    And contents is €370 with Zurich so expect less for you. My rebuild is 260k and contents is 60k with 10k of specified all risk items to give you an idea.

Any of the websites will allow you to input different data to check pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Contents cover for me was about €100 on a 3 bed duplex, no alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kaldo

kceire wrote: »
    Duplex is an apartment so that means the management company will have block insurance. You only have to insure the contents.

My full house
    And contents is €370 with Zurich so expect less for you. My rebuild is 260k and contents is 60k with 10k of specified all risk items to give you an idea.

370 per annum??

My full house

370 per annum??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

370 per annum??

Thats clearly for house + contents insurance

In a duplex, the OMC has block insurance instead of house insurance. Duplex owners pay contents only.

• Advertisement

SozBbz wrote: »
    Thats clearly for house + contents insurance

In a duplex, the OMC has block insurance instead of house insurance. Duplex owners pay contents only.

So if someone breaks in, any window or broken front door is covered by the Management company? I'm not talking about an apartment within a complex building but a duplex under a Management Co. supervision but not residential private area.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

370 per annum??

Yes. As stated for buildings and contents and all risk items.

So if someone breaks in, any window or broken front door is covered by the Management company?

You should confirm this with the Management Company.
    I'm not talking about an apartment within a complex building but a duplex under a Management Co. supervision but not residential private area.

A Duplex, by its nature is a Flat/Apartment. They are one in the same.

Yes. As stated for buildings and contents and all risk items.

You should confirm this with the Management Company.

A Duplex, by its nature is a Flat/Apartment. They are one in the same.

Thanks kceire. All makes sense.

Advertisement