Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Promotion Code - Irish Ferries / Stena Line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jowls

devil-80 wrote: »
    Anyone have discount for ferry to UK? Stena or Irish ferries.

No? Anyone with a Stena code? The old ones all seem to have stopped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jesus_jones

When one books using the tesco discount voucher TESCOIE promo code the price, for my ferry crossing went up from €309 to €339. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

When one books using the tesco discount voucher TESCOIE promo code the price, for my ferry crossing went up from €309 to €339. WTF?
    thats tesco for you!

they claim price reductions but REALLY its just price increases disguised! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

They surcharge €15 each way. Used to be referred to as a "telephone booking charge" before they added the on-line feature; funnily enough they kept the surcharge when they went on-line.

If you only have enough vouchers for one way, better to book only one way using the vouchers and a debit card for the other, that way you'll only get surcharged €15.

Have come across a Stena Line code that gives you a strange 9% discount for Flexi and Premium fares. As usual it's in the format Letter and 3 numbers. 1st is a vowel, second is a prime number, final two digits is a bakers dozen multiplied by half a dozen. Should only take a few guesses to get it...

Discount has now increased to 10%, and includes Economy Fares once you've worked out the code.

I guess you may also be able to get another 5% through a cashback website such as Fatcheese.ie and a further 5% if you have a StenaLine Extra card, making a total of a 20% reduction, though I've not tried this yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

€309 :eek::confused::eek: When did you book and how many were travelling? I always book a month in advance with Irish Ferries and for one person travelling in a car its 174euro return, I normally travel mid week. I seem to remember there's a 5euro administration fee for using a credit card to book online in the 174euro price.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

dont suppose you would just like to be nice and tell us what that voucher code is?? :confused:

sudo911 wrote: »
    dont suppose you would just like to be nice and tell us what that voucher code is?? :confused:

NO VOUCHER NO CODE. Next time you book pick some random times for a Journey I normally go out one week on a Wendesaday night and come back Wednesday during the day the following week and check the prices if you are booking a week in advance, then the same journey and times in 2,3,4 and 5 weeks time. You'll see somewhere along the lines about 4 weeks in advance I seem to remember the price drops quiet a bit.

Edit> if you didn't follow that, just try booking a month in advance its cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyone know the code? I want to book stena in july from Dublin to Holyhead.

As an example of what I said earlier about booking a month in advance, I just checked the cheapest Dublin Hollyhead fair for one person travelling midweek in July. If I book now for the night crossing in June (about 9PM arrives 20 past midnight) its 79euro (one way) but if I book the same trip as if I was traveling this week then the price goes up to 115euro. So if you don't book well in advance you risk paying nearly 50% more for the trip.

• Advertisement

I know that. But still have about 3 month to do it so any discount code is very helpful for me :-)
    For me stena from Dublin to Holyhead for 3 person and car is 210€ so its a lot for friday 8th July.

devil-80 wrote: »
    I know that. But still have about 3 month to do it so any discount code is very helpful for me :-)
    For me stena from Dublin to Holyhead for 3 person and car is 210€ so its a lot for friday 8th July.

Ouch! I have the advantage of being able to pick what ever time suits me, I haven't checked in a while but I seem to remember that Friday night was always one of the expensive times to travel.

Just don't do what I did one time and spend so long looking for a discount code that you end up booking late and paying even more :o

Did anyone get the code? I don't think it was a difficult challenge. In fact there are two codes, very close together, one giving 10% off all fare types and one giving 9% off Flexi and Premium fares.

I'm loathed to state them explicity, in case they get so overused they get withdrawn before I've used it myself. I only found them by trial and error, so some work was involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Did anyone get the code? I don't think it was a difficult challenge. In fact there are two codes, very close together, one giving 10% off all fare types and one giving 9% off Flexi and Premium fares.

I'm loathed to state them explicity, in case they get so overused they get withdrawn before I've used it myself. I only found them by trial and error, so some work was involved.

Can you PM me that code please ? I've got to travel start of May for a short trip so any savings would be very welcome. Is there any chance arriving at the port and getting a good deal or even calling in the morning for an evening sailing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mapera

Just used it... it still works, nice one ;-)!

Maybe you post this lucky code for others:)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mapera

Well the vowel is the same as all the Stena Codes (see earlier posts in this thread)

The next character, the prime number, shares the name of a brad pitt movie where the head of his missus gets lobbed off.

Then the last 2 characters, as rocke steady ed says... " final two digits is a bakers dozen multiplied by half a dozen"

I just used it for heineken cup next weekend and it worked great!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Why the riddle? I thought the whole idea of Bargain Alerts was to help, not tease members!

Why the riddle? I thought the whole idea of Bargain Alerts was to help, not tease members!

Say the code was 10pcoff and you were had something to do with IT and worked for Stena wouldn't you google 10pcoff occasionally to see if it was widely know on the internet?

Post it and it stands a good chance of being changed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Say the code was 10pcoff and you were had something to do with IT and worked for Stena wouldn't you google 10pcoff occasionally to see if it was widely know on the internet?

Post it and it stands a good chance of being changed :rolleyes:

Then dont post it. Either post the code or dont post the code. Nice to share the bargain alert but Puzzles forum is that way
    >

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 slave2kids

New Stena Promo code recieved today A793, I am happy to share:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Burren11

Thanks a lot! That is very useful. x
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 slave2kids

your very welcome, every little helps, always makes me feel better when I get something off the full price

• Registered Users Posts: 5 liosglen

A778 worked today got €36.80 discount!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Burren11

Hi Shame! Already booked my ferry! Next time. thanks. x

Even better than a 10% discount code is Stena's hotel and ferry offer. We've worked a one-night stay in one of their hotels into our summer break and we're saving 20% off the standard on-line ferry prices, and get a night in a hotel thrown in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Any more info on that?

Follow this link http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/accommodation/hotel-breaks-britain/

In our case, on-line outward economy journey was €208, return was €176, total €384.

One night in a band 2 hotel for 2 adults plus ferry (plus free children) was €145pp, ie €290, plus one €30 weekend supplement for one direction, for exactly the same ferries. Total €320.

You can book on-line or call (no extra for calling), and if you are trying to book a family room, you will probably have to call, as I believe these rooms are "on-request".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Looks interesting although a bit confusing. I wonder would it work for booking a van too with only a driver? Would it be more hassle than it's worth if you couldn't stay in the hotel I wonder.

• Advertisement

Not sure about the van, just says there's a single supplement of €29 for band 2 hotel. That means for one person and a car you'd pay €145 + €29 = €174 for a Mon to Thurs return plus a hotel night (before 17 July). Not bad, I'd say. And the cost stays the same, however close to travelling you are.

Advertisement