Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi Heated Airers

• 13-09-2020 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the difference is in Aldi's Heated Airers? They have a €34 one, and a new one just in today for €39 as far as I know. They both seem very alike I don't know what the difference in the two is?

Comments

Which €34 one are you referring to? All I see is the €39 one.

Also, just keep in mind this quote from HUKD.

"I have one. Unfortunately they don't circulate warm air as you'd hope. So you end up with lines across the clothing that have dried, and the rest (that hangs) is still damp and doesn't dry any quicker than a usual clothes horse."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

In this Link here: - https://www.aldi.ie/search?text=Heated%20airer&category=specialbuys, there's 6 Search Results, €34.99 and €39.33 are two.

I've just rang them and they've said €39.33 is the correct one, the €34.99 is just a re-upload of old one and that was an error. It does say it's in stock and all though! :confused::rolleyes: You would think Aldi of all places with their Ninja-Till-operating, would have a Water-tight-proof Stock-taking system in place!:rolleyes: First day the thing comes into stock and there's problems already! He said he'll get their Web Team to remove the error one.

I wonder does that mean now that people are entitled to a Heated Dryer at the lower price if they don't actually have one at the lower price, until they take the error off their Website?!? Am sure they have an E&OE somewhere anyway though! I should still get it at the lower price
    considering I brought it to their attention.:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I bought a heated clothes dryer from woodies before and they are not great. The heated part doesnt distribute well and it broke on the first use and i had to swap it. You can't put any weight like towels on it at all.

But a better strong plastic one that you can fit loads on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Which €34 one are you referring to? All I see is the €39 one.

Also, just keep in mind this quote from HUKD.

"I have one. Unfortunately they don't circulate warm air as you'd hope. So you end up with lines across the clothing that have dried, and the rest (that hangs) is still damp and doesn't dry any quicker than a usual clothes horse."

I'd love to know how they expected heated bars to circulate warm air.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Has anyone found any other good gadgets for drying clothes? Always a challenge in winter in a small house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tusky wrote: »
    Has anyone found any other good gadgets for drying clothes? Always a challenge in winter in a small house.
    A mate of mine recently told me a large indoor fan facing a clothes horse can work.. but I'm dubious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭blackbox

Tusky wrote: »

Tumble drier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

dehumidifier is useful in a small house to dry clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

blackbox wrote: »
    Tumble drier.
    Tend to ruin clothes though..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

When I lived in an apartment I used a mix of one of these and a dehumidifier.

If I had to choose and use only one it would be the dehumidifier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

We get great results with a dehumidifier as well. Its a cheap one from Lidl and with it the clothes dry a lot quicker with no condensation in the house.

Just don't do what my wife does and leave the window open to let some air in with the dehumidifier on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

D3V!L wrote: »
    We get great results with a dehumidifier as well. Its a cheap one from Lidl and with it the clothes dry a lot quicker with no condensation in the house.

Just don't do what my wife does and leave the window open to let some air in with the dehumidifier on :P

Are there any filters or chemicals you need to change regularly with a dehumidifier? Extra running costs apart of course from the electricity. Was thinking to set one up in the hot press on a timer :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Are there any filters or chemicals you need to change regularly with a dehumidifier? Extra running costs apart of course from the electricity. Was thinking to set one up in the hot press on a timer :cool:

No, they just pull the water out of the air through some sort of magic. I'm not sure on the running costs but I would presume its a lot cheaper than running a tumble dryer or mouldy walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭bren2001

Basq wrote: »
    A mate of mine recently told me a large indoor fan facing a clothes horse can work.. but I'm dubious.

Problem with a fan or just drying clothes indoor in general is that it leads to damp air inside your house. This can lead to mould developing and some pretty serious health issues long term. You need to remove the moisture from the air. This can be done with a dehumidifier on the laundry setting but it takes a long time to dry clothes.
    A tumble dryer is a far easier solution for indoor drying. Heat-pump if you're concerned about energy usage (but it takes a VERY long time to make your money back in energy savings).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭bren2001

You need to make sure the dehumidifier is suitable to be on a timer. They have a cool down period and if your plug automatically turns off the machine during this interval, your dehumidifier may not last very long. Wouldn't be covered under the warranty either.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

bren2001 wrote: »
    You need to make sure the dehumidifier is suitable to be on a timer. They have a cool down period and if your plug automatically turns off the machine during this interval, your dehumidifier may not last very long. Wouldn't be covered under the warranty either.

Thanks for highlighting that, didn't know.
    Have 2 DeH's, work great on damp rooms and drying clothes. They run on about 250kw compared with 2500kw on a tumble dryer.

Tumble is much quicker but if you have a small room to hang clothes in and a DeH, next day works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I used to have one of heated clothes horses in the OP and would agree with others that they're pretty useless. Only the bar is warm so only that part dries better.

A better option is one of these. Pretty sure I've seen them in Woodies before. Takes a while but works well. You'll still have the moisture problem from drying inside so best used in a garage or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

OP i also have one of these, as all the others have said seems the fabric touching the bars dry most but saying that maybe the idea of them, is that the heat draws up air creating a convective airflow . In any event have not used it much at all. I might do a test with a standard clothes horse side by side and see what results I get:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Vooice wrote: »
    Bought this a couple of years ago find it great: Dry:Soon Deluxe 3-Tier Heated Airer. I bought it on Lakeland website, it's on Amazon too. We use it in the the winter and fit a 9kg washing machine load on it, it takes about 24hrs to completely dry the clothes. We use it with the cover, it's out of the way in the (unheated) garage.

It's £152 on Amazon. Not really BA territory...

Advertisement