Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Moving home shortly and currently out of contract. silver sky vip atm.
    any point in keeping existing or should i sign up as new?
    Currently have fibre, sky tv and phone with kids channels. Sky go extra is free with my current plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cillian_c

How did you get through to the cancellation team? Every number I try it just says we are currently busy please try again later! Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

after cancelling and then getting a call back, I'm paying 19e per month for the basic set of channels, no HD (although BBC and RTE are HD).

Happy enough with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

cillian_c wrote: »
    How did you get through to the cancellation team? Every number I try it just says we are currently busy please try again later! Ridiculous

post on here https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1598 - they are great at getting back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

On sky Q with multiroom / variety / BB & T / HD Boxsets / F1

Was on a reduced amount of €102 rose to €133 after discounts ended.

Called them up and requested cancellation. Spoke to 2 different agents over a week. Most they would decrease by was €110

Second chap kept me on the phone for nearly 3/4 hr. He made me laugh though when he said that streaming services like netflix / amazon / apple will steal my data and that they are not secure.

Finally he said that he would put through my cancellation. He sounded sad and disappointed. He said that he had to transfer me through to accounts so that they could process my final bill.

Was put though to another agent who immediately offered me €97 / month (€55 for the TV bits / €43 for the BB & telephone).

I was happy to leave but they eventually gave me a price that I was willing to pay.

Pretty certain I won't get away with it next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ads20101 wrote: »
    On sky Q with multiroom / variety / BB & T / HD Boxsets / F1

Was on a reduced amount of €102 rose to €133 after discounts ended.

Called them up and requested cancellation. Spoke to 2 different agents over a week. Most they would decrease by was €110

Second chap kept me on the phone for nearly 3/4 hr. He made me laugh though when he said that streaming services like netflix / amazon / apple will steal my data and that they are not secure.

Finally he said that he would put through my cancellation. He sounded sad and disappointed. He said that he had to transfer me through to accounts so that they could process my final bill.

Was put though to another agent who immediately offered me €97 / month (€55 for the TV bits / €43 for the BB & telephone).

I was happy to leave but they eventually gave me a price that I was willing to pay.

Pretty certain I won't get away with it next year.

Pro-tip: Tell them you don't want any offers, you just want to cancel. The person they transfer you to to actually cancel will usually offer you one offer (35% off seems to be standard) and if you want it - take it, and if not - cancel. I was able to cancel myself and got a discount for my father in law in about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

€22.40 for 12 months for the standard entertainment package.

I had cancelled and service was terminated and I had planned to go freeview/saorview but installer couldn't do it until January, so asked what the best deal was and this is what i got.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mcgragger

Ill be calling tomorrow so will let you know how it goes.

I only want to cancel the TV part the BB is ok.

I am paying about 130 a month for sky sports. Madness. They have no decent sport anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mcgragger

mcgragger wrote: »
    Ill be calling tomorrow so will let you know how it goes.

I only want to cancel the TV part the BB is ok.

I am paying about 130 a month for sky sports. Madness. They have no decent sport anymore.

So took a while. Taking to a bot for ages and that's a patience tester.
    You have to say your password down the phone. I said mine and it put me through to the usual waiting line. Then the girl who eventually answered asked me for my password. I told her i just told it to the machine and now you're asking for it again.. ..?? She said yes .... i said it ans she says ah it doesn't match!! I told her I dont care. Its deffo my password I'm literally looking at my online account that I logged into using such password. She then asked me if I wanted to change my password. I said why? The one I have works? Anyway do I need this to proceed with this call? No she said. Jesus Christ

Anyway I cut sky sports and kept the basic TV. Bill down to €70. She had it down to €81 and I asked her what more can be done.... she asked her manager and its down to €70.

Its a big saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

I think the online password is different to the account password they ask for over the phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yeah there are two passwords. One for your online account and one when you call them. There are other questions they can ask to verify that you are the account holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm out of contract on the 20th I'm going to push hard and if it means no service in 31 days I'm going for it. It has become very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I'm out of contract on the 20th I'm going to push hard and if it means no service in 31 days I'm going for it. It has become very expensive.

i got rid of it completely last June - would never go back. currently have a netflix sub and thats it. what i have realised is how little i miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

who_ru wrote: »
    i got rid of it completely last June - would never go back. currently have a netflix sub and thats it. what i have realised is how little i miss it.

Apart from the PL football, there's not a lot going for Sky these days.
    Netflix and Amazon giving them a run for their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

Could anyone help me with the following?

I cancelled sky last week went through the whole process. TV and broadband was going from €77 a month to €120 so I told them no chance. First got an offer of €103 then after constantly saying no I was given an offer of €90. Still continued to say no to this.

Got a message today to say I've been offered 35% off Sky+ TV for 12 months. Although, when I go to the link I was sent its not showing a price of what it will cost me a month. Its asking me to accept the offer of 35% but won't tell me a price.

Could anyone breakdown the cost for me if possible of what I have got already and what would be included :-

Sky Q
    Sky entertainment
    Ultimate on demand

Sky broadband superfast
    Sky talk
    Sky talk freetime

Thanks in advance!

KinsellaJ wrote: »

I cancelled sky last week went through the whole process. TV and broadband was going from €77 a month to €120 so I told them no chance. First got an offer of €103 then after constantly saying no I was given an offer of €90. Still continued to say no to this.

Got a message today to say I've been offered 35% off Sky+ TV for 12 months. Although, when I go to the link I was sent its not showing a price of what it will cost me a month. Its asking me to accept the offer of 35% but won't tell me a price.

Could anyone breakdown the cost for me if possible of what I have got already and what would be included :-

Sky Q
    Sky entertainment
    Ultimate on demand

Sky broadband superfast
    Sky talk
    Sky talk freetime

Thanks in advance!

Best thing to do is call them and advise of the offer you were given. They will then apply it for you and explain the bills. You will have a 14 day cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

KinsellaJ wrote: »

Sky Q
    Sky entertainment
    Ultimate on demand

Sky broadband superfast
    Sky talk
    Sky talk freetime

Thanks in advance!

From memory of when I cancelled, it'll be off the base price only, so the sky q and entertainment will be discounted, but not the rest. Definitely not the broadband and phone. As previous poster said, best thing is to ring and check.

Yeah it's off the TV only. So say Entertainment with Sports, you'd get 35% off that. Best thing to do if you are taking the offer is take TV only and then call back and see what broadband offers they have going.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

Does anyone know if discounts are applied to Ultimate On Demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Milky1

Just an FYI, I'm out of contract 4 months and have sent my box back. Best offer is to pay €149 for new box (which you don't own) and 35% off basic package. Basic package price is €40 (not €35 like I see on their own website, and €25 for new customers). Another €8 for HD, more for kids, etc. needless to say I said not a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Called Sky Friday evening to cancel my Sports pack and the BT/Premier pack as my €30 offer was expiring.

Didn't get any offer, no haggling nothing. The agent just went straight to the process of cancelling. I was a bit surprised.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Stewball wrote: »
    Called Sky Friday evening to cancel my Sports pack and the BT/Premier pack as my €30 offer was expiring.

Didn't get any offer, no haggling nothing. The agent just went straight to the process of cancelling. I was a bit surprised.

Sometimes you get someone who just doesnt give a ****....

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Sometimes you get someone who just doesnt give a ****....

It was around 7.50pm on a Friday evening and I think they knock off at 8, so that probably explains it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭kenn0

Cancelled a week or so ago. Got a mail today

Keep the Variety Bundle for €27.30 a month for a whole year

Not bag an offer

Anybody get any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,206 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

kenn0 wrote: »
    Cancelled a week or so ago. Got a mail today

Keep the Variety Bundle for €27.30 a month for a whole year

Not bag an offer

Anybody get any better?
    Cancelled in November, got a phone call today, offered €20 a month for 12 months and new box, Dont miss it so said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭kenn0

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Cancelled in November, got a phone call today, offered €20 a month for 12 months and new box, Dont miss it so said no.

Was that for variety pack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,206 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

kenn0 wrote: »
    Was that for variety pack ?
    Think that was it, he said it should be €39 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I cancelled 3 weeks ago , TV ,Sports ,Movies , phone and internet.

Agent offered nothing at the time, think he offered something silly like 5% that l said no to and he then just went a head and cancelled the package .

I've received no offers of 35% off to stay .

whats my best way to proceed .

let them switch if off and call back to say before l go with Virgin just wanted to check any offers ?

if its switched off do they then try and charge for the boxes again ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I cancelled 3 weeks ago , TV ,Sports ,Movies , phone and internet.

Agent offered nothing at the time, think he offered something silly like 5% that l said no to and he then just went a head and cancelled the package .

I've received no offers of 35% off to stay .

whats my best way to proceed .

let them switch if off and call back to say before l go with Virgin just wanted to check any offers ?

if its switched off do they then try and charge for the boxes again ?

thanks

• Advertisement

Once your broadband cancels down it may take a while for them to reactivate it. The most I have been offered was 35% off TV.

No harm in giving them a call sometime when you are not busy.

Advertisement