Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMA wish list! I'd really like to hear from...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Floricwil

Someone who has had a near death experience....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

A covid survivor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

An actor, not am dram or part timer but someone who makes their living acting in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 RLF71

I don't know if it has been done before,there is too many threads to search.But I would like to hear about someone on the Spectrum.And the difficulties and adjustments they have had to make.Plus what genuine supports that have helped them.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

A nun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Any plans for a new AMA?

Nothing in the pipeline at the moment I'm afraid but I'll see what we can do over the next while, see if I can interest a few people in doing one :)

One of the Boards tech team? ...would be interesting to hear how they deal with the glitches, and spam afronts, etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Deja Boo wrote: »
    One of the Boards tech team? ...would be interesting to hear how they deal with the glitches, and spam afronts, etc.

Agreed :)

+1 for this suggestion

• Advertisement

I'm not sure they'll have the time at the minute but I can ask. Nice avatar btw Deja Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

A car salesman who will give the inside story on the tricks of the trade for selling cars.

Up Donegal wrote: »
    A car salesman who will give the inside story on the tricks of the trade for selling cars.

Think we had one of those going back about 18 months if memory serves

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Think we had one of those going back about 18 months if memory serves

You are correct: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057838076

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

At this point anybody, tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Can we get a Buddhist monk?

Seriously? I don’t think anybody wants to hear about JavaScript and html adventures.

begbysback wrote: »
    Seriously? I don’t think anybody wants to hear about JavaScript and html adventures.

Yes, and more. Would give us a renewed appreciation for what they are put through (by spammers and glitches, etal) in order to keep boards afloat and our information protected, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A Freemason.
    There's one on Boards.ie in the thread in AH.

Yes, and more. Would give us a renewed appreciation for what they are put through (by spammers and glitches, etal) in order to keep boards afloat and our information protected, etc.

Are these the same people who constructed the inadequate spam filters and wrote buggy code in the first place?

Look, all I’m saying this that there is a very big world outside of boards and full of interesting people. Maybe we could get Werner Herzog on here?

• Advertisement

begbysback wrote: »
    Are these the same people who constructed the inadequate spam filters and wrote buggy code in the first place?

Look, all I’m saying this that there is a very big world outside of boards and full of interesting people. Maybe we could get Werner Herzog on here?

I would be interested to hear from their perspective. Feel free to take an interest or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fkndsfs

A drug dealer, a Scientologist, and a biological male involved into women's sports please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

fkndsfs wrote: »
    A drug dealer, a Scientologist, and a biological male involved into women's sports please.

Have already indicated to Niamh on here (privately, by PM) I'll do one of these.....not saying which one & it will be anonymous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Can we get Santa Claus on here?
    You know I'd really like to know how he and the elves are dealing with the Covid situation in the North Pole, they could easily be brimming with the flames of injections in those workshops of his

Ekerot wrote: »
    Can we get Santa Claus on here?
    You know I'd really like to know how he and the elves are dealing with the Covid situation in the North Pole, they could easily be brimming with the flames of injections in those workshops of his

You know, he very kindly did one for us in 2015. I don't know if he'll have the time again this year but I can ask! In the meantime, you can read back over the last one here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

You know, he very kindly did one for us in 2015. I don't know if he'll have the time again this year but I can ask! In the meantime, you can read back over the last one here :D

I see Santa Claus was a verified representative.. hmmmm??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 theo_parrish

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Have already indicated to Niamh on here (privately, by PM) I'll do one of these.....not saying which one & it will be anonymous!!

Judging by your username there'd be no prize for guessing :D

Hopefully Niamh makes it happen, would make for an interesting AMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Librarian or undertaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I’d like to hear back from the guy that was doing an AMA about working in China when the pandemic started there. He just stopped posting I believe. Often wondered what happened to him since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Irish secondary school teacher.

Lots of people blame "the teaching" for why they leave school without a word of Irish. What's the story from the teacher's perspective?

Advertisement