Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Caught speeding

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wishox wrote: »
    How would we know about if its his personal phone or an issued one ? should he declare that and explain what he is doing, not being smart about it , i got caught cool, But seriously interested in it as i have never seen it used before. As far as i know know you are entitled to show them the licience details under the law, but what if i said no, you can see it but cannot tqke a photo, im not sure if i would be breaking the law if i didnt let him take a photo.

Try it and honestly it may not go well tone honest.

Sometimes better off saying nothing or not having it but then that can cause a problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

Try it and honestly it may not go well tone honest.

Sometimes better off saying nothing or not having it but then that can cause a problem too.

I honestly think it’s worth a question in court, New from the guards does not mean legal, Again I’ll take the rap but will ask , I’ll let you know how it goes, thanks a lot for the responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I honestly think it’s worth a question in court, New from the guards does not mean legal, Again I’ll take the rap but will ask , I’ll let you know how it goes, thanks a lot for the responses.

I've been brought through the court system and falsely so....

Garda took other side and pushed with it, it cost a fortune to protect myself and have it sorted.

So don't for one second think I'm all for them or the guberment but pick your battle well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Oh I daresay the nGearrrrdaí may be little, shall we say, distracted for about, ummm lets say, the next 2 years.

If I got a penalty points notice this week, I'd add it to the pile of emergency standby bog paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

The whole “you can see but not touch” has been done in court. You can google it, a garda is entitled to examine the license.

As for the phone, Gardai stopped using their own phones to record data a long time ago as that phone becomes discoverable in court. Their new work phones are the equivalent of the notebook and are discoverable in court so there isn’t really a point to argue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

What’s bizarre? He either got caught, in which case he’ll be receiving a fine, or he didn’t. Why does it matter how long the letter will take?

The implication for insurance quotes could make it important info to have, especially if money is already tight.

Advertisement