Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

bliger wrote: »

I just received a Pixel 3a but the only communication I've had with Vodafone is a confirmation email. What are people using as a "digital copy of your proof of sale" that is requested in this link? A photo of the receipt that comes with the phone?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

groom wrote: »
    No I haven't applied them to any account / sim yet.

Is you still have the top-up vouchers, you could try selling them here (other folk have done so in the past). I certainly would be interested in the Vodafone voucher anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

bliger wrote: »

Dammit, I got mine on the 22nd of February

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Tried this morning and again this evening and can't get the final payment button to process. Nothing happens when you press it 🀬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I just received a Pixel 3a but the only communication I've had with Vodafone is a confirmation email. What are people using as a "digital copy of your proof of sale" that is requested in this link? A photo of the receipt that comes with the phone?

I uploaded the receipt that was delivered with the phone and a screenshot of the order confirmation email as that also gives the order number and the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

As I ordered this phone for myself as well as another one for my mother, I shared this deal with a FB group I belong to. Subsequently a number of them also ordered the phone. However, I was surprised to learn one of them reported that she received a phone that was locked to the Vodafone network which appears to have been a rare exception as the rest of us didn't find that to be the case with the phones we received.

Is there anything that can be done other than using a third party to provide an unlocking code?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

As I ordered this phone for myself as well as another one for my mother, I shared this deal with a FB group I belong to. Subsequently a number of them also ordered the phone. However, I was surprised to learn one of them reported that she received a phone that was locked to the Vodafone network which appears to have been a rare exception as the rest of us didn't find that to be the case with the phones we received.

Is there anything that can be done other than using a third party to provide an unlocking code?

That's news to me - I thought all Pixels were unlocked. Turns out not.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7107188?hl=en

long_b wrote: »
    That's news to me - I thought all Pixels were unlocked. Turns out not.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7107188?hl=en

That link has been posted a few times in this thread but that's the first time I've heard of this phone actually been locked by Vodafone. Strange one.
    she received a phone that was locked to the Vodafone network which appears to have been a rare exception as the rest of us didn't find that to be the case with the phones we received

Is it possible that she was asked to enter a pin code rather than a network unlock code when she turned on the phone and assumed they were the same? When did she buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I got one this morning and it's definitely not locked.

Fairly nice looking phone

Thanks OP

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

After a bit of back and forth with her today, it now transpires that instead of using a dummy number to avail of the €100 discount, she used her actual number with 3... So when the google pixel phone arrived, she inserted her 3 SIM and wasn't getting any network, therefore she arrived at the conclusion there was an issue with the phone and it was locked.

I have explained her number is on the Vodafone network now and she should use the SIM card that came with the phone. And if she wants to go back to 3, it's probably best to go into their store to be on the safe side!

Thanks for your replies guys.

• Advertisement

after using the phone for a few months the camera is obviously quite good but the battery is not so good if you are a more intensive user.

I'd love if the upcoming pixel 4a would go to 4000mah.

But slim chance as google are not a fan of bigger batteries going by their previous efforts

I uploaded the receipt that was delivered with the phone and a screenshot of the order confirmation email as that also gives the order number and the price.

And they have got back to me to say that this is not acceptable, and that they want a dated invoice not a dispatch note.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

And they have got back to me to say that this is not acceptable, and that they want a dated invoice not a dispatch note.

How do you get an invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭FGR

coldfire1x wrote: »
    How do you get an invoice?

Same. Got the email now saying it's not enough. The despatch note is the only thing I received with the phone - I sent that plus the emailed order confirmation.

"Typical" Irish offer.

It's especially for Vodafone Ireland customers, but they require something that Vodafone Ireland don't give anyone who buys a phone from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Sent both dispatch note and the email receipt. Both declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

What if you create an account using your mobile porting number on Vodafone.
    Will it have the invoice to download then?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Just want to say thanks to the OP and all others who posted advice. Followed this thread and ended up getting 2 phones. Had the same trouble as mentioned with a lot of failed orders and a charge but no delivery which I had to go I store to solve. Store staff admitted the interface is terrible and they were getting hassle over it.

Can’t get the additional discount which would have been a phenomenal deal (bought both in feb) but still really happy. Cheapest I saw for it anywhere was just over 300 on the pixel site, currently at 329 now though so almost half price.

Thanks again OP. :)

I just spoke to Vodafone on Live Chat there about the cashback offer (for longer than I care to admit).

They seemed certain that a screenshot of the confirmation email should have been enough to claim the offer. It took them a while to agree with me that that was not the case as it was not accepted by me nor others and said they had escalated the issue and expect to have it resolved within 24 hours. They could not clarify on how they would resolve it (I asked if they would email everyone who bought a Pixel 3A this month an invoice or if they would contact Google and inform them that they should in fact be accepting the confirmation email but they could not confirm either way).

I will contact them on Live Chat tomorrow if nothing gets resolved by then and keep y'all posted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Replied back to Google saying I dont have anything else, so they just validated the claim.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    Replied back to Google saying I dont have anything else, so they just validated the claim.

Likewise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Just spoke to pixel-offers.co.uk (GoogleCashback) on 016950668.
    So very helpful gentlemen explained that they can accept only proof of purchase document that non of us have at the moment and this needs to be requested from Vodafone . He said its a standard document that most of the insurance companies will require so vodafone's customer care should be able to provide this . Also i have explained that you cannot run promotion and ask for something that nobody get, as its sounds bit illegal . He said that vodafone themselves came up with terms and conditions and they are just following the instructions from infamous company here.

And ...again ... went back to vodafone online chat , and after back and forward for 30 minutes and speaking with 2 reps , they promised to request the proof of purchase and i should get one within 48 hours .

I also raised the issue with Google - stating the Vodafone are reluctant to provide me with anything as a proof of purchase other than what I already have.

So I got the following response:

'Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email,

We are raising this issue with our senior team.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.'

So whether it's approved or not, who knows.

Anyone any joy?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Can any one recommend where to get a free SIM for porting?

Sneachta wrote: »
    Can any one recommend where to get a free SIM for porting?

48months.ie

Any update on the €50 cashback process?
    Due to be the same boat myself today!

Edit. Collect in store and mentioned this issue. They said they couldn't issue any other dockets other than the one included in the delivery package.

However they did say setup the online VF account using the included phone number and see if there's a different PDF to download...this is what I mentioned in a thread above also so I'm thinking this might be what we need to send in (fingers crossed)

Will try it later myself when I get a chance and post back.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Any update on the €50 cashback process?
    Will try it later myself when I get a chance and post back.

Just tried this with the VF sim I received with the phone. Created My Vodafone account on the laptop but no sign of the device or any orders, records, contracts, collections etc. Maybe it's different on the app but the VF sim is in an old Nokia C5 - not even a smartphone.

Vodafone Customer Service said they'll send me a receipt within 48 hours - Google support have told me they've escalated this issue to their senior team and will be back in touch with me. Since I received that E-mail from Google I can't send them any documents anyway so it'll be interesting to hear what they say.

Update. I can't login to my VF account as apparently I'm not a VF customer until my number ports , and that's dated the end of the month.
    So I cannot login to see if I can download the pdf invoice! :(

This according to online chat. What a shambles!!

Okay claim submitted with the delivery docket and order confirmation email as proof of purchase.
    Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Success!!

Your claim ###### has been validated and you will receive your cashback within the time frame as detailed in the terms and conditions.

Advertisement