Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20% off Irish Rail for o2 treats customers (and anyone else!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

Hey, I've been looking around on the 02 website for you for about 45 mins and I cant find it anywhere in the treats section. I've found it before but it must not be up at the moment....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Likewise. You can actually search for treats using their general search box, and it does come up but won't load.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

As far as I recall from the t&cs, the offer was to expire at the end of October. So that might be the end of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭anigheh

Cheers guy's it was good while it lasted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Ah sh!tballs. Need to book train for 5 people and I was putting this off and putting it off knowing the treat codes were in here. Guess I've missed it by 36 hours :(

Predictable question: Any more codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

consultech wrote: »
    Predictable question: Any more codes?

Offer is expired for the present time but o2 said it might be coming back again and to keep looking at the website.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

code ICTU1122 GIVES 10% off until midnight on november 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Brill, going to Mayo on Thursday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Cheers, getting the hell out of Mayo on Friday!!

Just saw this on Facebok:

"Simply enter code "FB1132" when booking online www.irishrail.ie before midnight tonight to receive 25% off the ticket price. Thank you for following us on Facebook."

Damn I booked tickets for start of December last week, if only I'd waited. Hope its of use to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The November discount code from Irish Rail is now available. Get 20% off all fares when you purchase your ticket online with the discount code: L4L1124

The code is valid from 7PM today Friday 19/11, until midnight on Sunday 22/11. The code can be used during this time to purchase tickets for up to 28 days in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Any new code? Want to book to go to cork but I think it'd be cheaper to drive at those prices..

Thanks

Emerson wrote: »
    Any new code? Want to book to go to cork but I think it'd be cheaper to drive at those prices..

Thanks

See post #188

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Thanks I see that! Any 20-25% discounts knocking around?

Emerson wrote: »
    Thanks I see that! Any 20-25% discounts knocking around?

None on o2 anyways.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Any new codes around :cool:?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Any codes today?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭swine

Any chance of a code - just about to book a hopefully not too treacherous trip for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I don't suppose we'll see any more this side of Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I don't have a code, but I have just booked a ticket for the OH and it looks like they're having "technical problems". My first attempt was showing a price of 56.80 but I was logged out and had to start again. Second attempt gave me a price of 46.80 and allowed me to purchase the ticket.

The price showing by each individual leg of the trip was 45.80, so I consider this to be a bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭annalucia

On facebook they said they will post discount codes soon, anyone hear anything, got loads of trains to get at the end of the year!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just got a text from Irish Rail...
    10% further discount on student rail fares! Simply book online (Irishrail.ie) from 11pm Dec 14th & 12am Dec 19th & quote STU113 to get an extra 10% off your fare.

Just got a text from Irish Rail...

Didn't work for me: Got this reply:

That voucher number does not entitle you to a discount.

Please check the number and re-enter.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Peadar06 wrote: »
    Didn't work for me: Got this reply:

That voucher number does not entitle you to a discount.

Please check the number and re-enter.

Peter

Hmmmm, not sure why it didn't work.
    Do you have a student travelcard? By the sounds of it, I'd say you have to enter your student travelcard number as well as the code to get the discount when you are making your booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Iv been criticized for giving out a code before it can be used, but if somebody is planning to buy a ticket now, you may want to wait until Friday to purchase.

10% off all fares when you purchase your ticket on-line with the discount code: LVL1135

The code is valid from 9am on Friday 17/12, until midnight on Sunday 20/12. The code can be used during this time to purchase tickets for up to 28 days in the future.

CC

Hmmmm, not sure why it didn't work.
    Do you have a student travelcard? By the sounds of it, I'd say you have to enter your student travelcard number as well as the code to get the discount when you are making your booking.

I have a student travelcard, don't worry anyway. Thanks CowbatCow for code.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I was booking online to go to Cork last night and the fare was €46 which I was happy with because if you go to the station it's €70+. For some reason I checked how much a one way fare to Cork was and it was €10! I then check a one way fare from Cork to Dublin and it was €20. So I booked both and basically got a return fare for €30, that's nearly 60% less then the cost of buying at the station and 40% cheaper then the online return fare!!! If you're planning on traveling I would suggest checking the one way fares and seeing if you can get a better deal!

I presume if you use the 10% off code above then you will get it even cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Lollymcd wrote: »
    I was booking online to go to Cork last night and the fare was €46 which I was happy with because if you go to the station it's €70+. For some reason I checked how much a one way fare to Cork was and it was €10! I then check a one way fare from Cork to Dublin and it was €20. So I booked both and basically got a return fare for €30, that's nearly 60% less then the cost of buying at the station and 40% cheaper then the online return fare!!! If you're planning on traveling I would suggest checking the one way fares and seeing if you can get a better deal!

I presume if you use the 10% off code above then you will get it even cheaper!

For the same time trains? Any time I have booked a return online it has given me the sum of the two one way fares as the return fare, it has never been more expensive than the two individual fares booked separately.

lainey316 wrote: »
    For the same time trains? Any time I have booked a return online it has given me the sum of the two one way fares as the return fare, it has never been more expensive than the two individual fares booked separately.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

lainey316 wrote: »
    tommy21 wrote: »
    +1

Yes! It was for exactly the same trains! That's why I was so surprised!!! 7am leaving Dublin and 6.30pm leaving Cork!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement