Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club 2019 Ps4

• 28-03-2020 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

To get over the lack of real golf i dusted off the ps4 and The golf club 2019 game. I set up an online society on it called Irelands own.
    You play a different irish course every few weeks leading up to a final in Lahinch in a few weeks.
    If anyone in here wants to join and play just search 'Irelands own' in the online societies.
    All welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I have it. Is it cross platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rossyd2005

I have it. Is it cross platform?

Only on Ps4 unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 20,607 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'm going to get it today - mixed reviews.

Better then nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

I would recommend Perfect Golf. It’s a true sim, it’s the gaming side of Trackman

Bought this game.

Graphics very impressive and you feel you are on a golf course.

Game maybe a bit easy - so play at harder level.

Genuinely nice to get out on a course - some spectacular graphics - game play can feel a little dead , but overall 7/10.
    Commentary can be a bit lacking in excitement and crowd a but lacking in AI :D

For a day or two I was better at real golf versus this. But you seem to get XP as you play and maybe gets too easy.

Burns a few hours anyway. Haven't played PS4 or the likes in years. On the PGA tout now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

The custom courses are the best part of the golf club series IMO.

I have both on steam and always up for a game when home from work. Friend code is 54484379

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

How does it compare to "Rory McIlroy PGA Tour"?

Or put it another way - anyone recommend something on the PS4 that's an improvement on "Rory McIlroy" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I miss the days of Tiger Woods PGA Tour. I'd be disappointed if it didn't go -20 in a round to get the bonus cash to buy the red Nike glove that gave me 10 extra yards off the tee:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Worst part of the game is how the commentator pronounces iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

How does it compare to "Rory McIlroy PGA Tour"?

Or put it another way - anyone recommend something on the PS4 that's an improvement on "Rory McIlroy" :)

I would say it's better but still not a perfect game. It feels like it has a bit more depth.

The way the swing looks in both is poor imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Kiith wrote: »
    Worst part of the game is how the commentator pronounces iron.
    From the country that brought you I-raq, you have to expect I-ron.

rossyd2005 wrote: »
    Only on Ps4 unfortunately
    dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I would say it's better but still not a perfect game. It feels like it has a bit more depth.

The way the swing looks in both is poor imo.

Look anything is good at present, but as someone who hasn't played a golf game in 10 years, i expected better.

Like considering pga is used , still not playing against pga players

Look anything is good at present, but as someone who hasn't played a golf game in 10 years, i expected better.

I totally agree,it should be better. It comes to life when playing against friends or playing the online societies though. The courses designed by players are so detailed at times that you cant tell which ones were made by the game or the player. Played Adare Manor and Tralee with my mate on it and he has played one and i have played the other. The courses were perfect and were made by players.

With all that said,i wouldnt be playing the game if not for this situation we are in as im just not a gamer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭willabur

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

I totally agree,it should be better. It comes to life when playing against friends or playing the online societies though. The courses designed by players are so detailed at times that you cant tell which ones were made by the game or the player. Played Adare Manor and Tralee with my mate on it and he has played one and i have played the other. The courses were perfect and were made by players.

With all that said,i wouldnt be playing the game if not for this situation we are in as im just not a gamer at all.

Played Tralee on Saturday... I really don't know why I didn't play it in real life.. Immediately put on bucket list.

By the way Firethorn National is Augusta National, they can't call it that for legal reasons..

I suspect that it's because EA Sports probably have the rights (including some of the more famous golf courses and tournaments) to use the real PGA tour players' names and HB Studios have to use made up ones.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I suspect that it's because EA Sports probably have the rights (including some of the more famous golf courses and tournaments) to use the real PGA tour players' names and HB Studios have to use made up ones.

I much prefer giving up PGA names to be able to play so many courses...

I can't find Ballybunion was it not updated from the previous version? IT is variety of courses around the world...

Bit of fun while off the courses...

I work with guys from New York at the moment... 3000+ infected in there county and they are still allowed to play golf..

CowboyTed wrote: »
    I much prefer giving up PGA names to be able to play so many courses...

I can't find Ballybunion was it not updated from the previous version? IT is variety of courses around the world...

Bit of fun while off the courses...

I work with guys from New York at the moment... 3000+ infected in there county and they are still allowed to play golf..
    There are two versions of Ballybunion. One is called "Old Course @ Ballybunion, IRL" and he other "BALLYBUNION LINKS". Haven't played them yet, but the first one has the most plays and is rated four stars. The other isn't rated yet.

There are two versions of Ballybunion. One is called "Old Course @ Ballybunion, IRL" and he other "BALLYBUNION LINKS". Haven't played them yet, but the first one has the most plays and is rated four stars. The other isn't rated yet.

Thanks...

Played Tralee on Saturday... I really don't know why I didn't play it in real life.. Immediately put on bucket list.

By the way Firethorn National is Augusta National, they can't call it that for legal reasons..

Good info on Augusta, especially with the week thats in it!
    Really miss being out playing but almost miss watching the big events on tv with a few beers more.

My friend who plays the game has played Tralee in real life and in the game and says its spot on. It does look great in the game and has me wanting to play it too.

Are you lads in the society i set up?

• Advertisement

The game has been reduced on ps store to 14.99 now. Well worth that for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The game has been reduced on ps store to 14.99 now. Well worth that for anyone interested.

Thank you for this - Must get it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anybody know if there’s any well designed Irish courses in this?

Mount Juliet, Lahinch, K Club etc

callaway92 wrote: »

Off the top of my head there is
    Ballybunion
    RCD
    Royal Portrush
    Portmarnock
    Lahinch
    Adare
    Druids Glen
    K Club
    Tralee

They are all well made.

Off the top of my head there is
    Ballybunion
    RCD
    Royal Portrush
    Portmarnock
    Lahinch
    Adare
    Druids Glen
    K Club
    Tralee

They are all well made.

How do you play these - I'm in a career mode so probably don't see them ?

How do you play these - I'm in a career mode so probably don't see them ?
    Local match and then change course. Use the search option and type in the name or even part of the name.

Local match and then change course. Use the search option and type in the name or even part of the name.

I do recommend that when you do that play some of the top fictional courses, they are very... Take example Hopeshire, it is incredible... Some of the designers are very good and effectively can do anything.

https://www.tgctours.com/course/Details/19071

Go online and google the course and you get link above...

Just to compare apart of the main courses delivered on on day (eg Sawgrass, Scottsdale...) a normal real course will have 5000 to 30,000 rounds played...

Hopeshire has 880,000 plays, and there are ones higher than that... They are great course and if they were in real life would be the best courses in the world...

Saying that Augusta is an incredible course which just shows why the pros say working the ball in the air is so important on that course...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

My young fella installed this on my laptop.

The Good:

Graphics are decent.
    Putting mechanics are solid.
    Huge amount of courses. Some of them use lidar so are extremely accurate representations of the real courses.

The Bad:

Deeply annoying commentary. Laughably bad. I’ve it now turned off.
    Chipping is as frustrating an activity in the game as it is in real life.

callaway92 wrote: »

Yes,nearly all of the big ones are on it. The developers havent made them so they arent official but there are unofficial designers that make courses pretty much spot on. I played Lahinch during the week and old head. Now i want to play them in real life. Old Head looks amazing. Does anyone in here know is it possible for a nobody like me to get out there when this all ends or do you need to know a member sort of thing.

Edit- i see others had replied to you that i hadnt seen but any answers on the old head question be great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Got myself a PS4 Friday so going to get this game now to join in, "The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR" I presume this is the one? €14.99?

Advertisement