Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premiership Rugby 2020-2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Jim "nice guy" Baxter whinges after losing two of his angels to suspension! I await the howls of outrage from Tony Rowe.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/57494652

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Jim "nice guy" Baxter whinges after losing two of his angels to suspension! I await the howls of outrage from Tony Rowe.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/57494652

Can anyone explain to me Rob Baxter's reference to 'movements by ex players?' I do not understand what he means.

Can anyone explain to me Rob Baxter's reference to 'movements by ex players?' I do not understand what he means.

I take it to mean that he thinks that the views of today's players are more important than the opinions of the ex players who have been diagnosed by neurologists at King's College, London, with early onset dementia and probable Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy.

The "movements" are, presumably, the legal actions being taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Embarrassing from Baxter. The Ewers hit was a disgrace and the referee should face a fairly awkward review session. I've no idea how he can explain the decision. The TMO repeatedly tried to guide him to a red card. It was a leading shoulder directly to the head without any attempt to drop from Ewers. He had a clear view of him and lined up the carrier who had already been slowed down by another tackle.

Ewers is fortunate to only see a 4 week ban. Skinner's was red and could have had less than 4 weeks on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I've said it before but Exeter managed to go from everyone rooting for them as an underdog and a likeable team to an absolute bunch of spanners in the space of a year.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    Embarrassing from Baxter. The Ewers hit was a disgrace and the referee should face a fairly awkward review session. I've no idea how he can explain the decision. The TMO repeatedly tried to guide him to a red card. It was a leading shoulder directly to the head without any attempt to drop from Ewers. He had a clear view of him and lined up the carrier who had already been slowed down by another tackle.

Ewers is fortunate to only see a 4 week ban. Skinner's was red and could have had less than 4 weeks on that basis.

What really surprised me was that neither player accepted the charge so they missed any chance of a mitigation credit. Very naive of them to believe that they'd be found not guilty - unless Exeter are contemplating a court challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Interesting to see the great Stuart Hogg dropped by Exeter for their Semi Final today. Not sure hes carrying an injury?

Delighted to see Harlequins being pumped here by Bristol. 28-0 after 28 minutes. Something very unlikeable for Harlequins for me. Players downed tools for Gustard because they wanted to go back to ‘the Harlequins way’… which to me seems to be win fcuk and and only play when you have the ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Interesting to see the great Stuart Hogg dropped by Exeter for their Semi Final today. Not sure hes carrying an injury?

He's fine. Hasn't been playing near to his best in the last few weeks. He looks very average in the air in particular. South Africa will be licking their lips if he's at 15 given their kick/chase game.

I'd imagine this is being used as a kick in the arse before bringing him back in next week.

Delighted to see Harlequins being pumped here by Bristol. 28-0 after 28 minutes. Something very unlikeable for Harlequins for me. Players downed tools for Gustard because they wanted to go back to ‘the Harlequins way’… which to me seems to be win fcuk and and only play when you have the ball!

Probably should’ve held off commenting until FT..

Probably should’ve held off commenting until FT..

I’m a long suffering quins fan and to be fair you’re right to some extent, they only believe in one way and it is rarely going to lead to success.

That said we are nearly always involved in exciting games, admittedly that can be getting hammered by 50 points but fully depends on what your definition of exciting is.

If Bristol make this a tight forward based game they win no problem but if they let quins keep playing they’re in trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭KBurke85

I’m a long suffering quins fan and to be fair you’re right to some extent, they only believe in one way and it is rarely going to lead to success.

That said we are nearly always involved in exciting games, admittedly that can be getting hammered by 50 points but fully depends on what your definition of exciting is.

If Bristol make this a tight forward based game they win no problem but if they let quins keep playing they’re in trouble

31-31 off to extra time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's not a legal tackle at all.

Barnes had a howler.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Pretty clearly shoulder to head.

Edit: nah the TMO bottled that. There's.definite contact with the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Clegg wrote: »
    Pretty clearly shoulder to head.

Edit: nah the TMO bottled that. There's.definite contact with the head.

Yeah there was definite head contact. should have been penalised

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Really don't understand that logic. Just because there's no contact with the head doesn't mean it's a legal tackle either because it would've been high regardless?

Really don't understand that logic. Just because there's no contact with the head doesn't mean it's a legal tackle either because it would've been high regardless?

TMO and ref say fair tackle. What's your issue?

Congrats - Unbelievable game! The Gallagher Prem is great viewing.

Great game. I doubt that the Rainbow Cup final will come near!

Congrats - Unbelievable game! The Gallagher Prem is great viewing.

Thanks. It is definitely a good watch, I’m not sure defence is overly coached at this stage but it’s good fun.

Exeter surely win the final with their style but some achievement to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Great game. I doubt that the Rainbow Cup final will come near!

... what?

• Advertisement

The opening 12 minutes of this game is chalk and cheese compared to the Top 14 final last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Great try by quins.

Farrell / Ford are on borrowed time starting at 10 for England with Marcus Smith fulfilling his potential in the manner he is.

The turnaround in Quins over the last 2 seasons has been start and a lot of it has happened on the sidelines

• Subscribers Posts: 40,968 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Great try by quins.

Farrell / Ford are on borrowed time starting at 10 for England with Marcus Smith fulfilling his potential in the manner he is.

The turnaround in Quins over the last 2 seasons has been start and a lot of it has happened on the sidelines

Have you ever hear of Eddie Jones??
    His ability to deny what's in front of his eyes is astounding

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Cowan Dickie just knocked himself out there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

This is a mad game.

Quins go from 7-12 to 26-12 and look completely in control. Now its all Chiefs again.

The Premiership never fails. Another cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Great game alright.

Congrats to Jerry Flannery on the sideline for quins.

Lynagh announced himself and smith showed he has it all and then some.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Good to see the Covidiot club trophyless this season.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,968 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Absolutely crazy game. Delighted for quinns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Good man Fla

Advertisement