Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

367 Days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Coneygree wrote: »
    A lot depends on how bad things get over Christmas. I wouldn't be holding much faith in the roll out of vaccines anyway. I'd say it'll be well into Summer before that's a thing for the average Joe. It won't be a case of take the vaccine and we're sound, it'll be a painful wait to see how it takes across the population at large.

Said I'd make my first trip over there last year and couldn't because of Covid and said I'd go next year instead. I didn't think Covid would still be news 9 months later but here we are. I think I'll give this year a skip too even if there's no restrictions. I'd settle for the pubs being open.

Not to take this thread off course but....
    The idea we all have to be vaxed to return to Normality is inaccurate.
    Once the bulk of elderly, vulnerable and front line workers are vaxed the rules will relax.
    They are the ones we are protecting by restrictions..
    Once they are looked after the rest of us, who are not vulnerable will start to get back our lives.
    Pubs will be open at the very least

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Not to take this thread off course but....
    The idea we all have to be vaxed to return to Normality is inaccurate.
    Once the bulk of elderly, vulnerable and front line workers are vaxed the rules will relax.
    They are the ones we are protecting by restrictions..
    Once they are looked after the rest of us, who are not vulnerable will start to get back our lives.
    Pubs will be open at the very least

Jesus I hope you're right Rog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Not going to happen.

It is a lot cheaper to inoculate the country than it is to fork out € 350 covid payments every week.

The beginning of the end has started.

If you can get everyone to take it. Many people seem to be saying they wont take it but they'll be grand if everyone else takes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Car99 wrote: »
    If you can get everyone to take it.

If you get the vulnerable/health care workers and majority of population then it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

yabadabado wrote: »
    If you get the vulnerable/health care workers and majority of population then it should be fine.

Let's hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Car99 wrote: »
    If you can get everyone to take it.

If you are a bird of child rearing age you need to consider not taking it. If you are pregnant you certainly should not be taking it and if you plan on getting pregnant in the next 3 months don't take it either. THere is no risk in taking it and then getting pregnant in 3 months, it does not work that way, but there could be complications for the unborn, this is not unique to the covid vaccine either.

Kids don't need to take it as they are non risk.

Everyone else should take it.

Anyone not taking it because they read something or other online like it could give you issues are stupid and should get a grip. You can't be living the rest of your life fidgeting and faffing over conspiracies and the likes, there is so much chrap gets posted online.

2 people had an adverse reaction in the UK first day and that is very normal. I am delighted they got an interview with the Daily Mail out of it, they should be chuffed with themselves.

I will be taking it the first time I am asked to. If I start screaming like Tarzan and jumping trees afterwards I will consider it a bonus and I might consider entering the Pole Vault at the Olympics.

I'm not taking it
    Its a hoax
    Never never

If u take it you can go to Spain

Hook that **** up to my vveeiinnsss

I'm not taking it
    Its a hoax
    Never never

If u take it you can go to Spain

Hook that **** up to my vveeiinnsss

Your grand Raj, you do know that you don't have to go to Spain to get pregnant?

Just Saying.

Less than 100 days now Shams

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Leo was on Newstalk Friday saying he anticipates level 1 by March
    Game on if so
    Once the nursing homes, health care staff and vulnerable are looked after the rest of us will have a lot more freedoms

What pubs barstool will you be hitting up this year Roger? Will be moving up from D8 to D12 in January... might have to sample one of the new locals for one of the days during Cheltenham week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Some nice horses out on Friday at Navan including Bob Olinger, Fakiera, Holeymacaponey and Sir Gerhard to name a few.

What pubs barstool will you be hitting up this year Roger? Will be moving up from D8 to D12 in January... might have to sample one of the new locals for one of the days during Cheltenham week!

What part of D12 are you going to Gav and I will give you some expert insight !!!

What part of D12 are you going to Gav and I will give you some expert insight !!!

Just bought up on Cooley Rd up past the Hospital!

Just bought up on Cooley Rd up past the Hospital!

You bought a gaff there? Big win had ya! Best part of 450k for a gaff there???
    Well done man!

Head in the Drimnagh/Crumlin Road (locals differ on what to call it)
    Few hundred yards till you get to the Eleanora near the bus stop as if you were heading to Walkinstown. Lovely spot, chipper next door too. Big screen etc, Bookies near by
    I will be a few hundred yards down the road in the Halfway if you want to call in!

There is another pub just down the road on the left known locally as the forge or the Bentley, thats the one McGregor had his aggro in a few years back the nacker
    Good spot during the day for grub and beer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Right kip of an area

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I wouldn't even drive through it to be honest.

You lads are dead to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I'm hoping the Box will be reopening in 2021....

You bought a gaff there? Big win had ya! Best part of 450k for a gaff there???
    Well done man!

Head in the Drimnagh/Crumlin Road (locals differ on what to call it)
    Few hundred yards till you get to the Eleanora near the bus stop as if you were heading to Walkinstown. Lovely spot, chipper next door too. Big screen etc, Bookies near by
    I will be a few hundred yards down the road in the Halfway if you want to call in!

There is another pub just down the road on the left known locally as the forge or the Bentley, thats the one McGregor had his aggro in a few years back the nacker
    Good spot during the day for grub and beer

I'm only down the road in D8... I'm not completely foreign to D12 :pac:

The Mig wrote: »
    Right kip of an area
    Slattsy wrote: »
    I wouldn't even drive through it to be honest.

Snowflakes :pac::D:pac:

• Advertisement

Snowflakes :pac::D:pac:

I'm far too handsome, I'd be battered.

I often played Poker in the Kestrel .. or a game of Darts upstairs, great boozer. Underrated area Shels and I hope you have a nice move. Don't take any lip off these losers. Good luck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I often played Poker in the Kestrel .. or a game of Darts upstairs, great boozer. Underrated area Shels and I hope you have a nice move. Don't take any lip off these losers. Good luck.

You still hiding money on your missus ya shïtebag?

The Mig wrote: »
    You still hiding money on your missus ya shïtebag?

Ah here, I can barely get on in the bookies, never mind get on with me missus?

It is imperative that you keep her out of the loop, damage limitation is key.

I have seen entire super yankees blown on shight you couldn't even contemplate. Phucking curtains... stupid drapes with purple carnations on them. A set of silver steal pots. Mahnola jaysussin Blahniks .. worn once and taking up space in the spare room - where I might add most poor unfortunates end up after 20 odd years, believe. If you get one for your birthday it's a bonus.

They gobble your winnings, never let them know, they are animals.

Sound man! Drank in the Kestrel a few times during my college days (used to work in Xtravision in the Ashleaf and a good few friends from D12!) and more recently pop up for a carvery with the family pre-Covid!

Chinese there across the roundabout always good after a few scoops
    Was it the xtravision behind the Cherry tree u worked In?
    Niall Quinn and Michael Carruth from up rhere
    Kevin Moran from The Kokonut there across from the Halfway House

We are good people!!

Was there one there? I was in the Ashleaf Shopping Centre - next door to McDonalds.

Chinese there across the roundabout always good after a few scoops
    Niall Quinn and Michael Carruth from up rhere
    Kevin Moran from The Kokonut there across from the Halfway House

We are good people!!

Is there a Chinese that's not good after 15 pints?

It was nice of darling Lydia to throw in a special addition for everyone to enjoy before Christmas starts in earnest on St Stephens.

• Advertisement

Opinions please on
    Will Cheltenham happen
    Will we have crowds
    Will Irish horses travel
    Will Irish stable staff travel
    Will Irish fans travel

Vaccines could save it but want opinions

Advertisement