Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

In fairness historically 'The six counties' is not known for it's accountability and pointing the finger at thier own. The GAA are unlikely to get much cooperation on the mater.
    Better just to ignore it and pretend it did not happen?

I hear you but ignoring it should not be an option. Although you could be right. This might go no further. The GAA version of 'Hear no Evil, See no Evil'.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Strumms wrote: »
    Unfortunately yes, if me or anyone is physically attacked by a gang from behind, as I make my way from a pitch by opposition ‘supporters’ I think it’s a fair and accurate statement. What do you label them as that’s more ‘real life’ ?

I think you've missed the point. How can you admonish someone for calling Dublin players "toerags" when you had already called Tyrone players and officials "a bunch of ****ing dirtbags"?

Do you honestly not understand the contradiction here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Four days later and not a word out of the GAA over the thuggish scenes in Tyrone on Saturday night. Do they think it will blow over and nobody will notice? If what happened had have occured outside a nightclub in Omagh that night the police cells would have been filled for the night. Looked like a ratio of 10:1 Tyrone to Dublin people on the two videos i've seen. Where's the punishment?

Dublin player has downplayed the incident so it's not just Mickey Harte trying to gloss over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭dobman88

Dublin player has downplayed the incident so it's not just Mickey Harte trying to gloss over it.

Sure he only downplayed it cos he was there in the middle of it after saying he was in the dressing room :pac:

https://twitter.com/The3753Cruithne/status/1234871133528297473?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 24,694 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

dog_pig wrote: »
    I think you've missed the point. How can you admonish someone for calling Dublin players "toerags" when you had already called Tyrone players and officials "a bunch of ****ing dirtbags"?

Do you honestly not understand the contradiction here?

It’s basically what I’d fairly refer to anybody to thinks is justified to attack someone from behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭JRant

dobman88 wrote: »
    Sure he only downplayed it cos he was there in the middle of it after saying he was in the dressing room :pac:

He could have been in the dressing room when it started and came back out. The changing rooms are very close to the entrance there.

Funny how he spots the Dub player but conviently doesn't even mention the fact that Tyrone supporters appeared to be in the middle of the brawl.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Could someone please post links to the videos that clearly show Dublin players being attacked "from behind" and Tyrone outnumbering Dublin by a ratio of "10:1" ?

Better still forward them to the GAA so the matter can be dealt with firmly (although hopefully they won't consider the ridiculous soccer-style segregation suggestion)

JRant wrote: »
    He could have been in the dressing room when it started and came back out. The changing rooms are very close to the entrance there.

Funny how he spots the Dub player but conviently doesn't even mention the fact that Tyrone supporters appeared to be in the middle of the brawl.

:pac: think you've missed the point tbh.

Also, I actually couldnt give a bollìx, sure Tyrone arent exactly known for their fair play and sportsmanship and I'm sure the Dubs players couldnt give a bollíx either. Actually remember at the start of the 2nd half, cameras were on Dean Rock, his marker and the Tyrone goalkeeper, the 2 lads in his ear and Rock trying to walk away. In the end you could just see him laughing at them. Not sure a bit of pushing and shoving will rattle them.

:pac: think you've missed the point tbh.

Also, I actually couldnt give a bollìx, sure Tyrone arent exactly known for their fair play and sportsmanship and I'm sure the Dubs players couldnt give a bollíx either. Actually remember at the start of the 2nd half, cameras were on Dean Rock, his marker and the Tyrone goalkeeper, the 2 lads in his ear and Rock trying to walk away. In the end you could just see him laughing at them. Not sure a bit of pushing and shoving will rattle them.

No, I got the point alright. Howard is a lying prick but fans attacking players is grand.

It really shouldn't be up to the players. The GAA have a responsibility to ensure player safety, they failed miserably.

JRant wrote: »
    No, I got the point alright. Howard is a lying prick but fans attacking players is grand.

It really shouldn't be up to the players. The GAA have a responsibility to ensure player safety, they failed miserably.

I agree with the 2nd paragraph. I dont agree with the 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭corny

I thought he was trying a little too hard in the interview to distance himself. Honest to god i wasn't there... no seriously i wasn't there. ha ha.

In fairness anyone who knows what the set up in Dublin is like would expect that sort of answer. I doubt a five year stint in Guantanamo would make him talk.

I agree with the 2nd paragraph. I dont agree with the 1st.

Fair enough Dobman. I probably stretched my first point a bit far there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s basically what I’d fairly refer to anybody to thinks is justified to attack someone from behind.

The world is a much clearer place when you view it with both eyes.

corny wrote: »
    I thought he was trying a little too hard in the interview to distance himself. Honest to god i wasn't there... no seriously i wasn't there. ha ha.

In fairness anyone who knows what the set up in Dublin is like would expect that sort of answer. I doubt a five year stint in Guantanamo would make him talk.

We'd probably get accused of receiving excessive funding as well. 5 years in GitMo doesn't come cheap ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

What makes the reading of this thread all the more sweeter the last few days is all the foreign visitors we have had offering everything from views on what happened to other poster views. All the while trying to in some cases sky digs in. You can almost feel the hurt! If you reply, obviously the cap fits😉.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Agreed.

I love the glee on display that Tyrone have laid down a marker, or some such shyte.

Like we give a ballcocks what Tyrone or don't do. We're the one with 7 All Ireland's in 10 years, not them.....so screw 'em !

Meaningless games in February will soon be forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

This time last year we had lost 3 matches and still won the AI.
    Confident of National League and AI this year.
    Gwan Dessie, you good thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

ArielAtom wrote: »
    What makes the reading of this thread all the more sweeter the last few days is all the foreign visitors we have had offering everything from views on what happened to other poster views. All the while trying to in some cases sky digs in. You can almost feel the hurt! If you reply, obviously the cap fits��.

Morto. Its a Dublin GAA discussion thread. Not a thread for Dublin supporters. The biggest incident of the weekend happen in Tyrone. Every other GAA thread has the same posters offering views and opinions...... you'd nearly swear it was the point of boards or something.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I literally haven't given a flying monkey about this schmozzle.

I was more pissed at Spillane and his pronouncements.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Them people seem to get rather excited when Dublin are involved, one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Spillane is so bitter about the 5 in a row he will take any opportunity to discredit Dublin .If it were anybody else he would waffle a bit then would let it go .Don't expect any balanced commentary from him .

I've never expected balance from the arch-Kirrymin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ryansmith171

will dublin win all ireland this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ryansmith171

they have not been as good since jim gavin left

Chances are in my opinion Dubs will fall a bit short a few of the players are just not quite at the same level .We have 7 all Ireland's we can't expect to keep that up even if we do not win this year we will stay very competitive over the next few years . I think our defence is definitely vulnerable even though we still have good options up front .Really hope we do it obviously but it's the first time for a while I have grave doubts

Chances are in my opinion Dubs will fall a bit short a few of the players are just not quite at the same level .We have 7 all Ireland's we can't expect to keep that up even if we do not win this year we will stay very competitive over the next few years . I think our defence is definitely vulnerable even though we still have good options up front .Really hope we do it obviously but it's the first time for a while I have grave doubts

The gravity of my doubts are predicated on who it is that overturns us. There's a sliding scale of horror.

When the time does come it will be hard to take I suppose especially as it will almost certainly be one of our recent conquests so when the inevitable happens I will have my own media blackout for a while .

If it's one of Donegal, Mayo, Galway or Tyrone, I'll manage. Just.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Fancy us to win this years All Ireland. Of course it will be very difficult with Kerry, Galway, Donegal and Tyrone capable of beating us on a given day.

If we are beaten i wont be too disappointed. I was on the Hill during the 90s so know all about depression. This last decade has put so much happiness and pride in the memory bank i like to think a defeat (even to those sly Kerry whores) would be more than manageable. I suppose the older you get (im 43) and with the passing of time you mellow a bit and realise as important as sport is to all of us it really is just a game .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Morto. Its a Dublin GAA discussion thread. Not a thread for Dublin supporters. The biggest incident of the weekend happen in Tyrone. Every other GAA thread has the same posters offering views and opinions...... you'd nearly swear it was the point of boards or something.......

And the first bite, cheers, you couldn’t help yourself could you. Keep it up, it makes my day to witness the utter despair.

Advertisement