Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parklands Citywest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chevra13i

The houses look built for the most part down as far as Parklands Green, some of the roofing needs finishing but other than that from the outside they're looking complete.

I'm sure there's a load of wiring and other internal stuff that needs doing but maybe being in before the end of 2020 isn't too unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 One of the greats

Hi All,

Has anyone got any update.

I was ringing H&M this morning but could not get them on phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thegoodword

Hi All,

Hi OOTG,
    -H&M aren't back on site yet, and said they won't be in a position to host viewings until June 8th at minimum.
    -When they do hold viewings, it will likely be a closed site for a day or so and you will only view your house type rather than your house.
    -They haven't put pressure on construction workers and won't until next week as this week has restricted levels of staff to set up social distancing compliance.
    -Was a bit shady about what work had been done from early May until now, and that it was generally week on week off due to restrictions.
    -Agreed that the roads aren't started yet and will rely mostly on ESB/Water for final delivery.
    -Hoping to push for original snag dates or at least near to (We were quoted July/August originally in March)

Also, we have actually peeked into the site since it has opened as we're closeby and can say on confidence that the nearer houses in the first couple rows are well towards completion. The Exterior is completed, doors, bathrooms, even kitchens look fitted and wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Monasterevin Bush

Hi MB,

Booked PP the houses that back onto the Saggart Luas stop.

What about yourself?

Same, if you're talking about the nearest row to the showrooms we have ours booked there. Handy in that you can see it from the Digital Viewing and the exterior looks done

Same, if you're talking about the nearest row to the showrooms we have ours booked there. Handy in that you can see it from the Digital Viewing and the exterior looks done

Yes I spotted that myself, I can see my house from the window of the showhouse.......

• Advertisement

Hi OOTG,
    -H&M aren't back on site yet, and said they won't be in a position to host viewings until June 8th at minimum.
    -When they do hold viewings, it will likely be a closed site for a day or so and you will only view your house type rather than your house.
    -They haven't put pressure on construction workers and won't until next week as this week has restricted levels of staff to set up social distancing compliance.
    -Was a bit shady about what work had been done from early May until now, and that it was generally week on week off due to restrictions.
    -Agreed that the roads aren't started yet and will rely mostly on ESB/Water for final delivery.
    -Hoping to push for original snag dates or at least near to (We were quoted July/August originally in March)

Also, we have actually peeked into the site since it has opened as we're closeby and can say on confidence that the nearer houses in the first couple rows are well towards completion. The Exterior is completed, doors, bathrooms, even kitchens look fitted and wired.

Hi,

I have been the house I put a deposit on and its complete the lastg time I was there they were finishing off the external wall.

The roads and paths will not take long, So looks like we are the mercy of Irish water and ESB........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

moahmed wrote: »

I have spoken to H&M again today regards the parking spaces, and they told me that it's 1 parking space for each house. I also asked if I can park in the visitors spots permanently will I get clamped, and they said it might happens if the mgt company got a lot of complains from neighbors. generally, you will be able to park in any visitor space till they decide to bring clamping operations.

Why are you thinking of buying a house not suited to your future needs re. parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moahmed

salonfire wrote: »
    Why are you thinking of buying a house not suited to your future needs re. parking?

all the new houses are coming with only one parking space as far as I know, and to be honest the house location is ideal for us. I'm not really keen to go for second hand houses as I want to take advantage of the first time buyer scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Buying in a development that only has one parking space when you have multiple vehicles is absolutely a recipe for disaster. You'll be signing a legal document confirming you only have one space while intending to breach that undertaking immediately. I know so many developments where parking issues are the source of so many problems and disputes.

Caranica wrote: »
    Buying in a development that only has one parking space when you have multiple vehicles is absolutely a recipe for disaster. You'll be signing a legal document confirming you only have one space while intending to breach that undertaking immediately. I know so many developments where parking issues are the source of so many problems and disputes.

I totally agree with you, but I guess it will be the same with all new houses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I have spoken to H&M again today regards the parking spaces, and they told me that it's 1 parking space for each house. I also asked if I can park in the visitors spots permanently will I get clamped, and they said it might happens if the mgt company got a lot of complains from neighbors. generally, you will be able to park in any visitor space till they decide to bring clamping operations.

they also still have no idea when they will allow showing again, but hopefully will be in the next 2 weeks.

The problem is other people in the development with 2 cars are going to be thinking exactly the same thing as you are -ah sure we will just park in the visitors spaces' and then a situation arises where no visitors can park there because all the spaces are full. That then pisses off people with only one car and they complain to the management company who then introduce clamping. And trust me these clampers are very efficient, in my last development they used to show up at 2 in the morning and clamp up to 8-10 cars a go.

If you have 2 cars you need to think now where are you going to park the second one outside of the development. You might get away with parking in a visitors spot for 6 months or even a year. But at some stage that will be shutdown and you're left with a parking problem for the second car. So you should be looking at the area now and figuring that out- can you park out on the roads or is there double yellow lines? Citywest Shopping Centre is not an option because there is clamping there too.

Hi All,

Hey OOTG, did you hear anything back?

Anyone having luck with H&M? I tried a couple times this morning and no answer.

chevra13i wrote: »
    Anyone having luck with H&M? I tried a couple times this morning and no answer.

Haven't been onto them, sorry. Am expecting to get an update from them this week on what the site status is.

Separately, speaking as a FTB new to the process, can anybody share the process of asking special requests from the builders/electricians? For instance, I want to see if I can get a power supply ran out to the back garden (additionally to the external power output on the wall) for a shed. Also was looking to see if they could put up a basic structure for a kitchen island in the type 3 house. When I asked H&M they were unresponsive but wondering if it's common to contact the developers directly or ask the site manager when snagging?

Just spoke to H&M there and they still haven't received any update from the site regarding snag/completion dates but they hope to have them soon.

He said our road was expected around November (having been told late summer before that) so I've given up any hope of being in this year.

Just spoke to H&M there and they still haven't received any update from the site regarding snag/completion dates but they hope to have them soon.

He said our road was expected around November (having been told late summer before that) so I've given up any hope of being in this year.

Thanks for the update Chevra. Out of interest how far in to the development are you? I would imagine ESB/Irish water might take precedence as a delay as I've seen developments release houses with very basic road structure to get people in. I wouldn't necessarily give up hope based on that. I think it's great having this thread as I've found them to be really inconsistent with information so far. I wish we could deal directly with Harcourt.

Parklands Green

The external structure is up but there must be a lot of unseen work that still needs to be done and the restrictions are probably slowing things down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FranB31O

Hey Guys

We found this thread really helpful but we're not boards members ourselves so found it hard to keep up with the information shared

We have started a Facebook group for people to share information on Parklands and get to know each other, After all we're gonna be neighbours!

Unfortunately boards won't let me add a URL to the thread but if you search "Buying Parklands Citywest" on Facebook you will find our group or alternatively you can DM me and I will invite you over!

Hopefully I'll see you all over there!

Feel free to share with friends who have bought in Parklands!

Regards,
    Fran

We just got our revised snag date through there so I'd imagine you'll all be receiving something similar

We just got our revised snag date through there so I'd imagine you'll all be receiving something similar

Same, mid September?

• Advertisement

We're a few roads in so ours is early December

Has anybody heard an update on when the site will be available to view?

Has anybody heard an update on when the site will be available to view?

I called them today and the agent said the viewing should take place in the next 2-3 weeks

I called them today and the agent said the viewing should take place in the next 2-3 weeks

Thanks, that's what they said three weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mag78

Hi,
    We are about to put the deposit over one of the three story buildings. I can confirm each house has one parking spot. There is something i'm not sure about that the houses are timber frame building. Is any one has an idea about this !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

mag78 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We are about to put the deposit over one of the three story buildings. I can confirm each house has one parking spot. There is something i'm not sure about that the houses are timber frame building. Is any one has an idea about this !

There is nothing wrong with timber framing. If done right it is 100% fine. If done poorly you have a higher risk of rot. I presume these houses are built right. No idea. I took some pics of the insides while they were constructed and I can pass them on if you want to ask a surveyor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MadamM20

Hello all,

I found these thread very useful with a lot of handy information.

We have booked a house before the lockdown and unfortunately now my company is in receipt of government’s subsidy, not sure until when.
    I’m hoping the house is complete, once my salary is back to normal, as I’ve seen even though the wages are the same, banks are refusing drawdown. Is anyone on the same situation?

Also has anyone tried to renegotiate the price down due to the current circumstances with the pandemic and the news about property prices to drop by 10-20%?

Thanks in advance

MadamM20 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I found these thread very useful with a lot of handy information.

We have booked a house before the lockdown and unfortunately now my company is in receipt of government’s subsidy, not sure until when.
    I’m hoping the house is complete, once my salary is back to normal, as I’ve seen even though the wages are the same, banks are refusing drawdown. Is anyone on the same situation?

Also has anyone tried to renegotiate the price down due to the current circumstances with the pandemic and the news about property prices to drop by 10-20%?

Thanks in advance

Hi, sorry to hear about the work developments but I hope the easing of restrictions helps to change that.. Not easy on the mind, especially when it should be an exciting time for you. The only update I got (from AIB) is that they have no problem with a short term change in circumstances if they can see it is reasonable to believe it's a short term impact. They did also say that even if your employment is terminated, the bank usually see that as a short term impact so long as your line of work is viewed to be a healthy industry hirecycle.

We did ask about price and were told a firm no, at least for Phase 1 the prices would not be reviewed. Tbh, there's enough conflict in reports in the housing market that we'll only see 2n d hand homes impacted immediately imo. That doesn't mean new builds won't come down in price long term, but if you were Harcourt sitting on a new build Development that still has continued demand (from my last check they only had 3 or so houses up for cancellation) and rising construction costs, why would you bring down the price? Again, just my opinion but I can understand the 'no'. Hope this helps

Yeah we checked how many houses were still available and it's a small enough number that they're under no pressure to lower their prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 MadamM20

Hello guys,

Another question, is anyone waiting still on contracts from H&M?
    We paid the booking deposit for a house right at the time of lockdown and haven’t heard anything yet, neither our solicitor. I thought they would be slow because of lockdown but now I’m concerned they have sold the house to someone else.

Is any one else in the same situation?

Thanks!

Advertisement