Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parklands Citywest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

Hi,
    Yes house type 3 has a kitchen at the back and a family room.
    Joey2020 wrote: »
    Hi there, does this house you mentioned have the kitchen to the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Joey2020

Jess2019 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Yes house type 3 has a kitchen at the back and a family room.

Thanks a mill. I'm going tohave another lookkn Sat will look out for this one. Really keen but parking is worrying me as we have 2 cars! Ah decisions decisions!

The house we viewed which is similar enough to house type 3 is just across from the two show houses. It’s beside the house type 8 which has the living room on 1 side and the kitchen on the other. It wasn’t clearly marked last week but we knew it was open as we checked it out when we originally went up to put our deposit down.
    I know the parking is a pain, we just have 1 car so aren’t too worried about it.
    Joey2020 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill. I'm going tohave another lookkn Sat will look out for this one. Really keen but parking is worrying me as we have 2 cars! Ah decisions decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thepolymath

Is anyone aware that An Bord Pleanála has granted planning permission for almost 488 apartments at the empty space between Saggart Luas Stop and Parklands Development . This seems to have been done despite the opposition of outgoing Fine Gael TD Colm Brophy and a number of local residents.

This was approved on 3rd Feb 2020 and Irish times reported the news on 5th Feb 2020. Just few weeks ago.

This seems quite a lot, considering Parklands itself has close to 500 homes and now with the additional 500 apartments, the total count of houses/apartments now is close to 1000.

How will this affect the area? Especially the congestion at Saggart Luas Stop?

Affect on the number of the council houses?

I cannot paste the news link, however please search for Harcourt Saggart 488 apartments in Google.

Have a look at the Citywest Residents Action Group on Facebook. They post a lot of information about the new apartments which are being built in Citywest.

https://www.facebook.com/citywestresidentsactiongroup/

• Advertisement

UPDATE
    So I spoke to my solicitor today. He advised there will be 20% social and affordable housing in Parklands. You cannot add an extension to the property. There is a property management company (he is trying to find out the fees involved). And he is trying to clarify the parking situation, how many spaces etc. He said it is not easy to get this information from the developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hamda binte ajmal

Hey everyone, We just gave the booking deposit for Parklands Citywest. Now having double thoughts about the place as I read the news about the new apartments in the near proximity. How is the area and what implications would those apartments have on the residents of Parklands?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

robo wrote: »
    The allocation of parking space of 1.25 is a joke - like it doesn't make sense. So by 0.25, Parklands will have less visitor spots than Cuil Duin.

Sounds like living there could be very hard when lots of households have two cars, there is bound to be arguments. Its even more salient given the murder that happened near there last week in a row over a car park space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Sounds like living there could be very hard when lots of households have two cars, there is bound to be arguments. Its even more salient given the murder that happened near there last week in a row over a car park space.

True as this is, wouldnt much new estates be similar?

Im not sure but it wouldnt surprise me as developers are squeezing space and car park spaces take up a lot of that. You need about 12sqm to park a car so 2 spaces per apartment would be 25sqm, multiply that by all apartments and suddenly you need a lot of outside space and roads to drive around it.

The murder over the car park space is obviously an extreme example. But in any apartment complexes Ive lived in there has always been pressure on spaces and arguments between neighbours between them. That was in places with 2 spaces per unit but no visitor spaces. Reducing down to 1.25 spaces per unit will mean it is just simply not possible for 2 cars to be run from one unit as the space just isnt there . But lots will still buy apartments not realising this and then the rows begin. Sounds like potential for a living hell to me.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im not sure but it wouldnt surprise me as developers are squeezing space and car park spaces take up a lot of that. You need about 12sqm to park a car so 2 spaces per apartment would be 25sqm, multiply that by all apartments and suddenly you need a lot of outside space and roads to drive around it.

The murder over the car park space is obviously an extreme example. But in any apartment complexes Ive lived in there has always been pressure on spaces and arguments between neighbours between them. That was in places with 2 spaces per unit but no visitor spaces. Reducing down to 1.25 spaces per unit will mean it is just simply not possible for 2 cars to be run from one unit as the space just isnt there . But lots will still buy apartments not realising this and then the rows begin. Sounds like potential for a living hell to me.

The owner occupiers are not to bad. It is the houses shares that really consume the spaces in CD and these people are also going to be less considerate than an owner.

The owner occupiers are not to bad. It is the houses shares that really consume the spaces in CD and these people are also going to be less considerate than an owner.

Yeah thats generally the case, you can have a house share with 3 or 4 people and chances are they move into the estate with 3 or 4 cars. Whereas with couples some may have 2 cars but others will make do with just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

If you have 2 cars & need full-time car park spaces for both, I would not advise buying a house that only has one car park space.
    Unless you are easy going, happy to park anywhere in the estate that has a visitors spot or that, and not racing home in the evening to get the nearest visitors spot to your house before your neighbour gets home, then fire ahead.
    It may seem like a small enough issue now - compared to the trials and tribulations of getting a mortgage, having the house snagged, working with builders to deliver on time and deliver what was sold to you, the parking issue may seem like something you can get by on now - think long and hard about it cos these estates are saving space by giving the minimum amount of car park spaces. And you will more than likely be clamped if parked illegally, even if you are not blocking the road fully, just your path etc.
    It is unreal the wars between neighbours for car park spaces

Yeah it is a big consideration especially if developers are going down to 1.25 spaces per unit, it is a recipe for disaster.

Whats worse is that in new developments many purchasers are first time buyers to get the grant/help to buy mortgage so they dont really have a choice but to live in developments like these as they cant afford anything better and need the subsidies to afford the purchase. Many might recognise before purchasing that there will be parking problems if they have 2 or more cars but they are left with little choice in the property market but to buy units in new developments so they can get the grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chevra13i

Our solicitors emailed yesterday to say they'd sent queries through to the vendor's solicitors on Feb 12th and still haven't heard back.

I can tell this won't be a particularly efficient process. I doubt the current situation is helping either.

We decided not to proceed with purchasing the property in Parklands based on the advice of our solicitor. Our solicitor had just received documents from the developer's solicitor last week and then advised us not to proceed right now based on the covid 19 situation. It's way too much of a risk to take.

Jess2019 wrote: »
    We decided not to proceed with purchasing the property in Parklands based on the advice of our solicitor. Our solicitor had just received documents from the developer's solicitor last week and then advised us not to proceed right now based on the covid 19 situation. It's way too much of a risk to take.

Understandable. I don't know a lot about the topic but I doubt new builds could drop hugely in price but you might see this with second hand homes.

I'm hoping they take another while to get back to our solicitors so we can see how this all plays out as long as possible.

I don't want to cancel the process but at the same time I'd be sick if we paid the January asking price and then everything dropped 10-20%

I'll just share my solicitor's advice in case it helps anyone else.
    Our solicitor said house prices could drop by 50k in the new few months (not sure if he included new builds in this, but it is a possibility). He said the developer could go bust, and we could end up living in a ghost estate or the local authority could take over the remaining properties.
    Our solicitor was not happy with the property management company being involved in the first place or the parking situation. He found out we had 1 parking space.
    So to him, he thought it was a no brainer to get our deposit back. Which we did. H&M refunded it straight away. We were sad as we had our heart set on this house, but for us, it was just too risky.
    Best of luck to everyone else who goes ahead with the purchase.

I was looking at the house some ago in person. They are timberframed. Seem to be fairly decent build quality but I dont know how to assess this with timberframed. I noticed that the joists ran into the party wall. Not sure if that is normal or abnormal and how sound transfers is mitigated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 thepolymath

Even we have asked our Solicitor to put everything on hold and are waiting to see what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Monasterevin Bush

Hi All! Glad to find a thread for this. Has anybody made progress during what's happening?

We have contracts issued for a type 3. We love the layout and are most likely going ahead even with the pandemic. Our main priority now is getting a realistic status on the delivery and getting to see our hold. I heard as recent today that the builders are back on the site and H&M are hoping to get back in on May 18th.

In terms of a delivery date, we were quoted late July/Early Sept but that was at the beginning of the lockdown but keep in mind we're one of the closest streets to the luas which they seem to be working on first.

I think we're also going to go ahead with our purchase of a Type 4, we've had the contracts for a while but haven't had anyone chasing us to sign them. At the end of the day we really like the house and intend to live in it for the long term; I'm not sure new builds are going to come down in price a whole lot anyway.

We were told late summer for ours, obviously with the delay I'd expect it to be sometime in 2021 now.

Where did you hear that the builders are already back working? Most of the houses at the Luas end of the site look to be built, I'd say it's all interior work that's left to be done and then the roads being laid etc.

chevra13i wrote: »
    I think we're also going to go ahead with our purchase of a Type 4, we've had the contracts for a while but haven't had anyone chasing us to sign them. At the end of the day we really like the house and intend to live in it for the long term; I'm not sure new builds are going to come down in price a whole lot anyway.

We were told late summer for ours, obviously with the delay I'd expect it to be sometime in 2021 now.

Where did you hear that the builders are already back working? Most of the houses at the Luas end of the site look to be built, I'd say it's all interior work that's left to be done and then the roads being laid etc.

I've been hoping to avoid 2021 delivery, but the odds are against us. Same, I think it'd be a different story if it was a second hand. New build costs remain largely the same I suspect. I hate this waiting game!

I heard directly from an agent today that the builders were back on site but that H&M were unsure when they'd be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moahmed

Hi, it' really great to see this thread. we put the initial deposit on the 3 bedroom type 1 house, which we haven't seen yet. H&M agent said we might be able to see the show house in 2-3 weeks time, also the builders are back working today but not on full capacity. we loved the house layout and we have our hearts on it, so hopefully the actual build will be the same. we still have some doubts regarding buying house during this situation as most of you already mentioned prices are expected to go down by 20-30%.

we are also concerned about the parking space, at the moment we have only one car but we are planning to buy another one in the future and honestly I'm scared from what you guys mentioned about the parking space fights and clamping. Also we have a concern regards the social housing and asked our solicitor but he told us there is no way to know where they will be.

we have been the told that the house is already built but the still need to build the external area (garden, foot path, parking, etc ), and they said the house might be ready for snagging in a couple of months so maybe August.

Now my solicitor is asking us to sign the contract and put the full deposit, but we told him that we still haven't neither seen the house nor the show house and he advised to contact the builders but they said it won't be possible to see the show house now due to the current situation.

we are in a big doubts now tbh and it looks like a hard decision to take (go a head or pull down).

has anyone got any update? or anyone has any information about the area? is it safe and the neighbors are good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 One of the greats

Hi All,

Great to see this post.

We have paid a booking deposit and before COVID-19 where told that house be ready to snag after Easter.

I have a had many a phone call with H&M and they tell me the same thing every time is that the ESB and water connection will delay us moving into the house. Construction started back on Parklands on May 5th.

H&M told me they are pushing the developer to provide them with snag dates for the each house and are hopefully of an update this week. H&M also told me they are not chasing anyone for the second deposit at the minute due to the current situation.

There is about 30-40 house that look ready to be moved into once water/electricity is connected so surely its in the developers interest to generate cash flow

My solicitor mentioned in the region of 1K for management fees but needs to confirm and what services it covers, usually bins and upkeep of the estate.

In relation to parking spaces hopefully some common sense can prevail not always easy but.

I don't know Dublin very well but that area is mostly ok. You do get some some car break in and a lot of bike thefts. It would be great to do a lost wallet experiment. Scatter some wallets in different parts of Dublin with addresses in side and see which neighbours hoods return them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moahmed

I have been told that construction is back today 18th May, I have got the management estimates from my solicitor. in case it's any helpful, the mgt fees are from €512 to €620 for year 1 depends on the house type and will decrease every year, my house is type 1 so I will pay €512 for year 1.

I have spoken to H&M again today regards the parking spaces, and they told me that it's 1 parking space for each house. I also asked if I can park in the visitors spots permanently will I get clamped, and they said it might happens if the mgt company got a lot of complains from neighbors. generally, you will be able to park in any visitor space till they decide to bring clamping operations.

they also still have no idea when they will allow showing again, but hopefully will be in the next 2 weeks.

Hi All,

Great to see this post.

We have paid a booking deposit and before COVID-19 where told that house be ready to snag after Easter.

I have a had many a phone call with H&M and they tell me the same thing every time is that the ESB and water connection will delay us moving into the house. Construction started back on Parklands on May 5th.

H&M told me they are pushing the developer to provide them with snag dates for the each house and are hopefully of an update this week. H&M also told me they are not chasing anyone for the second deposit at the minute due to the current situation.

There is about 30-40 house that look ready to be moved into once water/electricity is connected so surely its in the developers interest to generate cash flow

My solicitor mentioned in the region of 1K for management fees but needs to confirm and what services it covers, usually bins and upkeep of the estate.

In relation to parking spaces hopefully some common sense can prevail not always easy but.

Out of interest, what part of Parklands have you got booked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 One of the greats

Out of interest, what part of Parklands have you got booked?
    Hi MB,

Booked PP the houses that back onto the Saggart Luas stop.

What about yourself?

Advertisement