08-03-2019, 20:37   #1
glasso

Android Tablet 9.7 High Res Retina screen - 150 delivered

was buying a 10 inch tablet as a gift and spotted this - actually cheaper coming through Europe than on the chinese sites.

for about 150 delivered (coming through Europe so no customs) -> pretty

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/VOYO...ue-413863.html

(pick Poland warehouse)

high res 2k retina screen - 9.7 inch - same screen as ipad 9.7
4gb ram + 64gb rom
helio chipset with about 100,000 on antutu so no slouch but won't run toughest 3d games at highest settings but will on medium / low settings.
battery life for watching media / browsing about 7 hours
all-metal build
actually takes sim cards if you want to use that functionality and has full phone funtionality.

so the battery life won't match up to the very best and the cpu is not as good as the best but not bad either but this is a seriously good value option for a 10 inch size tablet with the ipad screen and good ram and storage. compared to the budget tablets in b&m shops here where they charge 200 for a 2gb ram, 16gb tablet with a rubbish cpu (30,000 antutu level) and poverty rez screen it's very good.

geekbuying are a reliable site - coming through Europe by dpd as I said - probably a week to process and deliver.

comment from respected tablet reviewer
https://techtablets.com/2018/11/voyo...9-7-4g-tablet/

Advertisement
19-03-2019, 17:58   #2
glasso

Received this and tested it out.

Screen is nice and with the form factor particularly suited for reading news apps e.g. Times and Sunday Times type app. Would work well for pdfs also.

Runs smoothly with the decacore helio x27 cpu - antutu score of 105,000 so about the same as a snapdragon 636.

The system comes very much stock android 8 Oreo with no bloatware apps at all.

The build quality is good - all metal except for a plastic bit at the top of the back side where the micro sd card and sim card access is. It's not heavy for the size. Very similar to the base ipad 9.7 inch really as it's the same retina screen.

The only bad point is the built-in speaker. It's fine for voice but not good for music really.

Battery life is reasonable at about 7 hours browsing / youtube / video.

Overall definitely worth the money for what you get for 150euro ( a bit less this week with some coupons on the site). (nice screen and size, decent cpu, 4gb ram and 64gb storage).

Delivery took a week coming from the PL warehouse.

As a bonus of course it can take a sim card (actually dual sim) but I have no need of this capability.
19-03-2019, 23:15   #3
SOPHIE THE DOG

Is there a GPS installed?
20-03-2019, 00:07   #4
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPHIE THE DOG View Post
there is no GPS on this no.

not sure why you'd want a large tablet for GPS navigation tho - for a boat maybe?
(2) thanks from:
20-03-2019, 16:47   #5
Concerned Irishman

Hi Glasso, did you find any case for this tablet?

I was hoping for one of those rubber ones but all the socket holes would need to be in the right place.

The screen looks excellent.
Advertisement
20-03-2019, 17:16   #6
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Irishman View Post
Hi Glasso, did you find any case for this tablet?

I was hoping for one of those rubber ones but all the socket holes would need to be in the right place.

The screen looks excellent.
did you pick one up also?

it's a fairly new tablet (december 2018) so there aren't specific cases that I've seen yet.

one like this will work as the dimensions of the tablet overall as similar to the 10.1 tablets really but it's using clips and is not the perfect neat fit that would be obtained with a specifically designed option.

but it does give you the option to put the tablet vertically or horizonatally which most cases won't (usually horizontally only).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...19822e0eCez3kU
20-03-2019, 17:18   #7
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPHIE THE DOG View Post
this tablet that has a very good review has gps. 10 euro or so more expensive. a bit heavier but well built. actually has better battery life than the voyo one. also has hdmi out.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tecl...er-405291.html

review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjgZM5Ohxd0
Thanks from:
20-03-2019, 17:19   #8
alank90

i just ordered one for 144euro including delivery. how long did it take to arrive for you?
20-03-2019, 17:27   #9
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank90 View Post
i just ordered one for 144euro including delivery. how long did it take to arrive for you?
took a week. it comes by dpd courier but is going by road + ferry I think so not as quick as by plane (went Poland to Holland to Uk to Ireland afair). you will get a tracking number that should show updates a day or two after dispatch.
Advertisement
20-03-2019, 21:23   #10
CollyFlower

I put in a few discount codes and it increased the price, why was that? .. I got it for €153, that includes insurance.... Thank OP..
Thanks from:
20-03-2019, 21:32   #11
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollyFlower View Post
I put in a few discount codes and it increased the price, why was that? .. I got it for €153, that includes insurance.... Thank OP..
no idea - somebody got it for 144 today they said - there were some active codes on the main home page I think.

you should be happy with it I would say.

to make it sound a bit better there is are sound settings to turn off "loudness" and turn on "high fidelity". reduces max volume but sounds better I think.

the battery life is not exceptional at 7 hours video/browsing but also to reduce idle battery drain when not using turn on airplane mode and battery saver when turning off screen not in use - only takes a second from the quick settings drag down menu. and likewise a second to turn them off again when waking up from sleep.

probably worth using accubattery app (free) to set max charge to 93 % or so to reduce battery wear to keep capacity up over the years - the last 10% of charging hits the battery a lot in terms of wear and also takes the longest to do so not really worth it.
Thanks from:
20-03-2019, 22:36   #12
icom

Ordered one, been looking for a good spec tablet at the right price to replace my old Lenovo with Andriod 4.2 !

Thanks OP for the heads up.
20-03-2019, 22:45   #13
CollyFlower

Will AnPost deliver or will it be a Courier Company?
20-03-2019, 22:50   #14
CollyFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
took a week. it comes by dpd courier but is going by road + ferry I think so not as quick as by plane (went Poland to Holland to Uk to Ireland afair). you will get a tracking number that should show updates a day or two after dispatch.
Ah, just seen this post, DPD. Do they leave it in your bin if you're not there to accept it?
20-03-2019, 22:55   #15
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollyFlower View Post
Ah, just seen this post, DPD. Do they leave it in your bin if you're not there to accept it?
probably not. you may be able to pick an option to leave with a neighbour or something if you get in touch with them.

delivery is probably going to be in the morning I would say.

if you create a parcelwizard (dpd) account if you don't have one with same email address as ordering and same name and home address should be picked up on their system and you can "manage delivery" there with various options like pickup at a local pickup-point like a local spar or whatever - no extra charge even though it's through parcel wizard as you're not using their redirect service. it should come in on the "future deliveries" section a day or two before final delivery.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion