Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

International cricket thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Saw this on cricinfo,U-15 Pranav Dhanawade scores 1009* as his team wins by an innings and 1326 runs

link

The opposition where all out for 30 something before the carnage started. Something not right about all of this. At very least it's terrible sportsmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

SA declare when behind, only 2 runs, but you don't see that too often.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The opposition where all out for 30 something before the carnage started. Something not right about all of this. At very least it's terrible sportsmanship.
    Yeah it's absolutely crazy, how were the two teams even allowed to play each other in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭markbrop

"SA declare when behind, only 2 runs, but you don't see that too often."

I seem to remember Trent Johnston declaring 100 behind Kenya in the IC Cup final and we ended up winning by six wickets in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

markbrop wrote: »

I seem to remember Trent Johnston declaring 100 behind Kenya in the IC Cup final and we ended up winning by six wickets in the end!

Never let a chance to bring that declaration up go by :D

• Advertisement

Indeed. If I remember it worked to Irelands advantage in terms of the way the points worked out in the ICC trophy

Yes Kenya only needed the draw to win it so we had to go for the win.

Wobble wobble England.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

KevIRL wrote: »
    Wobble wobble England.

116-6 now... A collapse is never too far away with them. If SA get one more and get at the tail then they should be able to rattle off the runs.

Bairstow, Ali and bad light have come to their rescue. Truly awful batting performance though on an absolute belter of a pitch. There still hasnt been a century from any of their top five in the series so far.

• Advertisement

And Amla steps down as Test Captain... strange timing.

I wonder who will take over, possibly De Villiers. Smith was a huge loss both as an opening batsman and as a captain. He totally outclassed the clueless Andrew Strauss in the last series between the sides.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Afghanistan into the ODI top 10 rankings now after beating zimbabwe 3-2

SA 186 for 5 - another poor effort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

decent score for the Wanderers, not many first innings get 300. 267-7, they are probably just in front, but very even day

Big partnership between Morris and Rabada alright. You would have fancied England to roll them over with the new ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,803 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Set up nicely now. SA will be pleased with that all things considered. Strange for any side to score 300+ and not have a single batsman score even a half century.

Another failure for Cook - he is having an absolute shocker so far in the series.

He is, which is strange as he came into the series off the back of some excellent form. Worrying for England at the top of the order as Hales is shakey as anything.

Hales doesn't look like a test cricketer to me - what did Carberry ever do wrong?

• Advertisement

I thought he should have got more of a chance. He could never drag his excellent first class performances to test level. Several poor performances in the field may have hastened his departure... might see Compton open with Cook in the final test unless Hales does something special in the second innings...

"Several poor performances in the field may have hastened his departure."

Were you at Malahide to see the shocker he had that day in the field?

"Several poor performances in the field may have hastened his departure."

Were you at Malahide to see the shocker he had that day in the field?

I was. It was comical. He must have dropped about four catches and misfielded several times. We were in the stand right beside the boundary where he was and the abuse he got. Didnt see the funny side of it either, then again i wouldnt imagine his captain or team mates saw the funny side of his performance... good day out that all the same and some good cricket played..

Strumms wrote: »
    I was. It was comical. He must have dropped about four catches and misfielded several times. We were in the stand right beside the boundary where he was and the abuse he got. Didnt see the funny side of it either, then again i wouldnt imagine his captain or team mates saw the funny side of his performance... good day out that all the same and some good cricket played..

Yes I was probably in the same stand. Ed's dismissal was most unfortunate that day!

Yeah he kicked his own stumps over early on. Shame we didnt get a few more from his bat. We were very competitive against a very good England side that day until about that last hour or so when they saw off our front line bowlers..

This is some counter attack by Root and the Kiwi.

238 for 5 - England slightly ahead I reckon.

yep. That partnership between Root and Stokes slightly swung the pendulum back to England I think but all to play for still. A very interesting test match. Alarm set for 8.15 tomorrow :)

Strumms wrote: »
    yep. That partnership between Root and Stokes slightly swung the pendulum back to England I think but all to play for still. A very interesting test match. Alarm set for 8.15 tomorrow :)

You better alarm earlier than that as it is an 8 a.m. start tomorrow because of the rain today!

• Advertisement

Unbelievable spell from Broad since lunch, 5-14 off 9 overs.

Edit: 3 or 4 of those 9 overs were before lunch. Very reminiscent of Trent Bridge last summer.

Advertisement