Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Isaac Hempstead Wright is gonna play batman, and Maisie Williams is gonna play wonder woman, cause thats how long its gonna take to make this film right and not play catchup with Marvel,

i like affleck hes done some solid work through the years and isnt afraid to take risks with his career which is why i think this project is good for him, as people have said mark webb didnt seem a good choice for spider-man and jon favreau probably wouldn't have been thought of as a good choice for iron man, but they worked out, i think hes as good a choice as any,

i think DC might be moving a bit fast with this but well wait and see, if avengers goes into a 3rd set of films for all the characters (4 for iron man) and make a 3rd avengers film, there will be a superhero film out every other month in a few years if DC release JLA characters films like Marvel done,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

pixelburp wrote: »

Considering this is still conjecture as to who the director will be, talk of actors playing the parts is even less advanced. Personally I think this is all too soon & the studio should see how Superman performs first, and let the dust settle on the Nolan Batman franchise. Quick development of this Justice League movie will only invite comparisons with the Superman, Batman and Avengers movies (in the superhero-teamup sense)

Yeah, spot on.
    There's a lot of assumptions that a Justice League movie can only be done the same way The Avengers was, with all the lead up etc, so therefore Henry Cavill IS Superman in the JL movie, Ryan Reynolds IS the Green Lantern, that lad IS Batman etc.

It's not going to be that straightforward, especially when you consider MOS hasn't even been released yet, Green Lantern wasn't well received, and the Batman Trilogy has only just come to a close. It's too soon to assume all the pieces are in place for the Justice League, and the sum of the parts haven't been building subtle links to a full movie or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Definitely shouldn't be the same Batman from Nolan's universe. I'd find it corny watching that trilogy again knowing that all these fantastical characters like Superman / Green Lantern / etc exist somewhere in that universe after Nolan spent 3 films pushing his take on realistic characters and villians.

Anyways, not a big fan on Affleck the actor but I admit he does have fairly decent directing chops, even if I thought The Town was a ho-hum movie.

Just don't know if this sort of movie is for him, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Affleck is a director with a bright future and is a comic book fan as far as I know, so he does have the potential to be the right fit with JL. But WB/DC need to take their time on this.

If reports are right, DC/WB want to jump straight into this with no build up movies other than MOS (assuming MOS is indeed tied to what they're planning for JL). Basically, that would mean whoever the director is would be starting from scratch, and that is asking a hell of a lot of any director, never mind Affleck.

WB/DC need to stay cool and not do anything reactionary to TA's success. They need to sit down and figure out a real long term strategy, otherwise if they jump into this head first they could end up with another turkey of GL proportions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Of all the characters in JLA Wonder Woman will be the most difficult to fill.

• Advertisement

alexandra daddario

93d4c891.jpg

384f0e71.jpg

401065fa.jpg

297b70dd.jpg

b9aa6d8c.jpg

Alexandra Daddario certainly has the look although not six foot. But with SFX it wouldn't be a problem.

• Having watched Justice League: Doom, I think Nathan Fillion could potentially make a good Green Lantern. Well, that and I just want to see him in more movies.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How does everyone think this will play out on screen? I would be expecting Supes and Bats to get most of the screen time. I think its a dangerous game going into this without a lead up movie for everyone. Avengers benefited greatly from each character having an on screen back story.

I'd nearly prefer just a Superman/Batman team up film before they launch into JLA, would be a good way to reboot Batman too imo.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How does everyone think this will play out on screen? I would be expecting Supes and Bats to get most of the screen time. I think its a dangerous game going into this without a lead up movie for everyone. Avengers benefited greatly from each character having an on screen back story.

I'd nearly prefer just a Superman/Batman team up film before they launch into JLA, would be a good way to reboot Batman too imo.

Agreed on each character needing a build up movie. With regards to Nathan Fillion he would actually make a great Hank Pym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I'm pretty certain that Affleck said no to this straight away.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/ben-affleck-on-justice-league-his-camp-says-no/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'd imagine it'll go something like.....

Secondary hero (GL, Flash etc) fights enemy, gets ass kicked.
    Another secondary hero fights same enemy, gets ass kicked.
    Third secondary hero fights same enemy, almost gets ass kicked, gets helped by Superman at the last minute. Enemy flees but clues indicate he's one of a group.
    Superman rallies the team one by one.
    Superman approaches Batman who is 'not interested.'
    JLA - Batman go to war with evil villains.
    Batman researches enemies on his own.
    JLA are fighting a losing battle.
    Batman arrives.
    Bats and Supes take the lead and JLA wins.
    Final scene is Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent exchanging veiled insults but agreeing to continue to work together with the team when they're needed.
    Awesome music and credits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

The last scene in the Batman/superman animated feature thing was awesome where Clark gets home and realises theres a tracking device on his cape and the camera pulls back over the city to show Batman sitting on a rooftop looking at him through binoculars. It was cool to see Batman even the odds as Superman obviously knew he was Bruce wayne straigh away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Interesting....

Rumor: Rebooted Batman Will First Appear In ‘Justice League’ Before New Film Series

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-rebooted-batman-will-first-appear-in-justice-league-before-new-film-series/
    For the past five years and counting, Warner Bros. has been one of the most successful studios in Hollywood thanks in large part to Batman and Harry Potter. However with Potter done and The Dark Knight Rises now out in the world, Warner Bros. is at a crossroads. What’s the next big, surefire hit franchise? WB believes DC Comics characters hold the answer.
    From here, we pretty much know the score. Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel is scheduled for June 14, 2013; WB is dead set on rebooting Batman; and the script for Justice League is currently looking for a director. Some of the many mysteries beyond that are the links between those films, release schedule and how they’ll deal with a new Batman.
    One of those questions may now have an answer. A reputable source of Batman news reports Warner Bros. plan is to introduce the new, rebooted Batman in the Justice League film and start a new film series after that. Read more after the jump.

The news comes from Batman on Film, a really great site for Batman film news. Here’s what they have to say:
    Said reboot will come after the JL film, not before. Therefore, the new cinematic Batman will be introduced in the JL film as opposed to a solo film. This would, according to my industry “FOBOF,” assure the new Batman film series will be part of a “DC Cinematic Universe.”
    This would be the opposite direction Marvel took, making a bunch of movies and building up to The Avengers, but there’s no reason starting with the team up couldn’t work in a similar fashion. Fans will see a story featuring these heroes, who all just happen to exist already (hopefully, we’ll already know about Superman if Man of Steel is canon – that’s yet to be confirmed) and after they finish this story, they can go off on their own.
    By doing this, Warner Bros. will also avoid one thing fans have been adamantly arguing against: another Batman origin story. By now, we’re smart enough for Batman to just be Batman. Hint to the backstory, briefly show it, but build off heat from Justice League and move on from there. I like this idea.
    And if that happens, then all eyes should 100% be locked into Will Beall, the writer of Justice League. He literally carries the fate of billions upon billions of dollars in revenue in his laptop. A failed Justice League won’t necessarily stop a new Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman etc., but it could put an unnecessary cloud over them costing lots and lots of money.
    So, what do you think? Is a Justice League film the place to introduce a new Batman? Can that work as well as The Avengers did?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

By doing this, Warner Bros. will also avoid one thing fans have been adamantly arguing against: another Batman origin story. By now, we’re smart enough for Batman to just be Batman. Hint to the backstory, briefly show it, but build off heat from Justice League and move on from there. I like this idea.

I very much like this idea too. Makes a lot of sense, no need for another origins story (and they wont better BB anyway).

Not very pushed on the Justice League films though, I'd like to know what other characters they are planning on including.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I like the idea - place us all right in the middle of it...whether or not it will deal with the JL already formed, or the various ins and outs of getting them together is another thing but anything that will save us having to find out how batman became batman im game for.

They run the risk of casting a batman though that if received negatively, would mean either plowing on ahead with the reboot regardless, or having to recast which isn't ideal....consistency is very important

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I wonder if they'll cut off less "sellable" characters like Aquaman or the Martian Manhunter. Cutting off an origin story everyone knows is definitely a good idea.
    Does anyone think it's likely they'll reboot Green Lantern. I tried watching it the other day and it's woeful. I think this could work given how enjoyable the Avengers was.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I hope the rebooted Batman goes back to the Adam West-style original. Pow. Zowie. Holy cash cow, Batman.

I wonder if they'll cut off less "sellable" characters like Aquaman or the Martian Manhunter.

That's what I'm curious about too. Think their inclusion/exclusion will give us a much better idea of what kind of film it'll be.
    Does anyone think it's likely they'll reboot Green Lantern. I tried watching it the other day and it's woeful.

It really was terrible wasn't it :pac:

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Arrow TV show and see what it's like, the extended trailer doing the rounds looks like it could be ok. I'd imagine if it does well then Green Arrow might get a prominent spot in JL movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Aquaman's chances of appearing may well have been helped by the storyline of Vince playing him in Entourage. I'd certainly never heard of him prior to that, though I've never been a bit comic book reader (had only read Dark Knight Returns, Preacher and Watchmen until 5/6 years ago).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hadn't heard about the Green Arrow tv show, trailer doesn't do too much for me I have to say. Wouldn't be my favourite JLA character, always just seemed like Hawkeye with Batman's back story to me. One thing I got from the trailer though, the first part of it reminded me of the Man of Steel trailer a fair bit so maybe we will see a bit of a cross over.

I'm glad it seems like they'll be going sans origin story with the Batman reboot though I think it's a mistake to ditch the origins of the other JLA members. Fair enough GL is already done and everyone knows Wonder Woman (though not everyone would be familiar with the greek mythology side of her) but they need a Flash movie at the very least dammit.

• Advertisement

It does look a little low-budget and cheesy, but I'll give it a watch. Reminded me of Man of Steel a bit too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Weren't they saying at one point that Bradley Cooper was going to be headlining a new Flash movie ? Guess we've the success of Green Lantern and Jonah Hex to thank for that...smell the sarcasm aaaah lol

Weren't they saying at one point that Bradley Cooper was going to be headlining a new Flash movie ? Guess we've the success of Green Lantern and Jonah Hex to thank for that...smell the sarcasm aaaah lol

Reynolds would have been a good Flash imo, would have thought someone in the Aaron Eckhart mould to be more suited to Hal Jordan.

Still haven't watched Jonah Hex because I keep hearing how bad it is. On paper i thought Brolin was a great choice though its probably not his fault the film apparently sucked.

• if the riddle is in the next batman movie neil patrick harris should be cast as him he be perfect for the role

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Reynolds would have been a good Flash imo

YES!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

Well I'm definitely in the minority when I say I'm glad there's no more Nolan Batman. I want a brooding nutter again like Keaton.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reynolds would have been a good Flash imo, would have thought someone in the Aaron Eckhart mould to be more suited to Hal Jordan.

Still haven't watched Jonah Hex because I keep hearing how bad it is. On paper i thought Brolin was a great choice though its probably not his fault the film apparently sucked.

Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern and Morena Baccarin as Wonder Woman :p

Ryan Gosling would be good as Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Nathan Fillion I could see as a good Hal Jordan alright but Morena Baccarin wouldn't git the role of WW for me though, to be fair, Lynda Carter will always be Wonder Woman to me...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I wonder if they'll use Man of Steel to set up the JL film the same way Marvel used Iron Man to set up the Avengers. I just hope DC don't try to cram in loads of horrible jokes the same way Marvel do.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

I wonder if they'll use Man of Steel to set up the JL film the same way Marvel used Iron Man to set up the Avengers. I just hope DC don't try to cram in loads of horrible jokes the same way Marvel do.

If the Man of Steel trailer is anything to go by we won't be seeing much jokes.

Advertisement