Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga in Galway

• 17-07-2007 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Anyone go or been?

Can you recommend it to an inflexible complete beginner, who's not particularly keen on making a twat out of himself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

It's wonderful but unfortunately closed for two weeks now. You are much more flexible in there than you think because your muscles loosen out in the heat! Back some time in August, check website, but well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

cool, I thought it would be nice to do on my non training days across the road. It would be nice to be able to touch my toes one day in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Think I might give the 10-class card a go. I've done pilates in the past and loved it, thought this was interesting.

Well worth it! Myself & my significant other often go together! Nothing girlie about it unlike what he thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

anyone doing this in teh Cork City area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

ravima wrote:
    anyone doing this in teh Cork City area?
    You better ask in Cork forum

This the Galway place?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Looking to do a class, can anyone reccomend anywhere in galway city area? i would be starting as a beginner & would like somewhere that does evening classes ??

• Moderators Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My Girlfriend when to a place in Terryland, pretty sure its still up and running. She loved it, very nice instructer. Contact Niamh 087 9031784

I think this is the site

thanks black knight, looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

there is also 'An Seomra Yoga' by the crane bar (across from bell book and candle)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

The hot yoga place is ment to be very good - but packed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭funkycat83

went to the yoga shala headford road a few years ago and i was beginners and well for beginners it was alot of work. one of the girls ssaid she was going to another yoga class at NRG on bohermore which was much easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tricky45

An seomra is excellent, everything from beginners to advanced and has both day and evening classes

thanks guys for the replys, must start ringing around

Hot Yoga is good but far too busy, plus she never mixes it up, always the same routine. An Seomra is fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gretta78

ya hear yee some good spots there.and ya i love hatha yoga but after attending briarhill shopping centre hot yoga i think i`ll definetly be back, just felt sooo good after it and it was so roomy.defo return this week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I didn't even know there was hot yoga in briarhill... interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

My nearest and dearest swear by Seomra Yoga (and another one, maybe in Terryland) :)

Google is throwing up some interesting results for Hot Yoga.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Brentmeister

the kingfisher in nuig does basic and more advanced yoga classes, new course of six weeks is starting tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pinkshoes

gretta78 wrote: »
    ya hear yee some good spots there.and ya i love hatha yoga but after attending briarhill shopping centre hot yoga i think i`ll definetly be back, just felt sooo good after it and it was so roomy.defo return this week

Gretta do you have the contact information for the briarhill hot yoga? I go to the one on the tuam rd. I love it but its far too packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I'd like to know about the briarhill one too. Does it do a remedial's class, I wouldn't have thought I'd cut it in a beginners class!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Self praise is no praise..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

The briarhill place http://www.galwayhotyoga.ie/ website

Looks a bit like a DIY website but so long as the yoga is good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gretta78

ya forbairt is right d websit is crap but d place is class n ah ...now i feel stiff gotta get me back there 4 a class

oh ya forbairt d email is studio@galwayhotyoga.ie

Gretta, please don't txt speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

gretta78 wrote: »
    ya forbairt is right d websit is crap but d place is class n ah ...now i feel stiff gotta get me back there 4 a class

oh ya forbairt d email is studio@galwayhotyoga.ie

Thanks I'm actually based up in Dublin now (I don't do yoga but if I did it'd probably be the best yoga in the world .. eva :P ) but my wife does Yoga and had been to a few places in Galway before but I'd never heard of Galway Hot Yoga. We're down from time to time at the weekends so might check it out then. She used go to the place just beside tesco was it above argos ? but I don't think they did hot yoga ? We were living on the headford road so it was handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Diairist

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

More shills *_* shills that use txt speak...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GalwayG

Anyone got information (website / contact number) on hotyoga in galway. Thanks...

Advertisement