22-01-2021, 13:31   #1486
NaiveMelodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawBoy2018 View Post
She received the same salary, but was unaware that she wasn't paying any tax on the top up portion.

This should definitely have been flagged by her employer because in effect, her salary was cut, unbeknown to her. (the difference between her normal salary and what she would normally pay in tax)
I think that's it. Thanks for that.
She has had a look at her emails, pay slips were requested in October and a few excuses were made (i.e. next week etc..). A colleague had the same request knocked down the road in November.
I'd hate to cry foul or accuse anyone of doing something like this deliberately, but I can't help but feel someone has fcuked up here.
Advertisement
22-01-2021, 14:06   #1487
LawBoy2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveMelodies View Post
I think that's it. Thanks for that.
She has had a look at her emails, pay slips were requested in October and a few excuses were made (i.e. next week etc..). A colleague had the same request knocked down the road in November.
I'd hate to cry foul or accuse anyone of doing something like this deliberately, but I can't help but feel someone has fcuked up here.
Get your wife to download her statement and forward it to her employer, asking why the relevant taxes weren't deducted at source as it normally would. It would be best to play innocent and put the onus on them to explain what happened.

It wouldn't be any harm to add said email to the chain where she asked for her payslips back in October/November.

*This is my last response to your query as it's slightly off-topic, best of luck!*
Thanks from:
22-01-2021, 15:02   #1488
NaiveMelodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawBoy2018 View Post
Get your wife to download her statement and forward it to her employer, asking why the relevant taxes weren't deducted at source as it normally would. It would be best to play innocent and put the onus on them to explain what happened.

It wouldn't be any harm to add said email to the chain where she asked for her payslips back in October/November.

*This is my last response to your query as it's slightly off-topic, best of luck!*
Yes, apologies for derailing it somewhat. Thanks a million LawBoy.
22-01-2021, 17:22   #1489
joeysoap

Still nothing

We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly. Since November.

The problem with TWSS is that it was liable it for tax but wasnt taxed ie a payment of €350 was just that - you got the whole €350 and probably owed tax on it.
Thanks from:
22-01-2021, 17:25   #1490

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysoap View Post
Still nothing

We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly. Since November.

The problem with TWSS is that it was liable it for tax but wasnt taxed ie a payment of €350 was just that - you got the whole €350 and probably owed tax on it.
Try giving them a ring. I had the same error and after the call they processed the SOL the same day. Had the refund 3 days later.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-01-2021, 07:34   #1491
Away With The Fairies

Just got my statement of liability. Underpayment of 128 euro. I had been saving for this, so saved too much and now I have more for myself.
23-01-2021, 08:02   #1492
adam240610

Just got mine, overpayment of 1700, can't complain with that
23-01-2021, 12:37   #1493
Bojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam240610 View Post
Just got mine, overpayment of 1700, can't complain with that
The amount you expected to get?
23-01-2021, 14:00   #1494
adam240610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojill View Post
The amount you expected to get?
Was expecting 1200 from my napkin maths
Advertisement
23-01-2021, 15:36   #1495
joeysoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopassistant View Post
Thanks a mil. I'm only after realising that in 2019 I was very sick for a week and spent around €175 on GP visits and prescriptions so uploaded those receipts and have income tax return done. Again thanks a mil for your help.
I have one substantial heath expense in particular for 2020 , which I will claim when I’m completing my tax for 2020. Is a way I can download this ‘claim’ to revenue (I have a few more smaller ones eg physio, doctor, etc. should these be
download at the same time ? The substantial one entails a refund of €500 alone.
23-01-2021, 17:21   #1496
relax carry on

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysoap View Post
I have one substantial heath expense in particular for 2020 , which I will claim when I’m completing my tax for 2020. Is a way I can download this ‘claim’ to revenue (I have a few more smaller ones eg physio, doctor, etc. should these be
download at the same time ? The substantial one entails a refund of €500 alone.
You don't download anything. You login to your MyAccount and file a 2020 tax return. There is a health expenses section there. Put your qualifying gross health expenses in the box and any amount you received a refund from your insurance on and submit the return. You can if you want upload the receipts to the receipt tracker for Revenue.

Click the link below to watch some videos on how to use the service.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/...employees.aspx
(2) thanks from:
23-01-2021, 17:56   #1497
wonski

If they need to see receipts they will ask. Make sure to keep them for 6 years and/or upload to the tracker app.

As the poster above said just add them all up and make sure they meet the criteria ( some, well most, dental expenses etc don't qualify for example).
24-01-2021, 10:11   #1498
Away With The Fairies

Does anyone know where I can pay what I owe? It's not a huge amount, so might as well pay it off now.
24-01-2021, 10:56   #1499
Dempo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Away With The Fairies View Post
Does anyone know where I can pay what I owe? It's not a huge amount, so might as well pay it off now.
I'm unsure if this facility is only available on a full mygovid account, I've seen on the main page, under LPT (Local property tax) a section to make payments. If not available, maybe do an enquiry within the portal. I've not check since my SOL was finalised, mine is a small amount also, I've noticed on the final SOL, they've already assigned the under payment to be taken from tax credits starting 2022.
24-01-2021, 11:12   #1500
relax carry on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Away With The Fairies View Post
When you login to MyAccount, on the first page you come to with the multitude of things you can do on it, there's a section called payments/repayments. You'll see a link for make a payment. Click the link and follow the instructions.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion