Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

chances that pcr tests will be free in airport on day of flight by end of august ?

Options
  • 18-01-2021 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

what does everyone think the likelihood will be when things slowly begin to return to normal over the coming months that sometime by august pcr tests will eventually be free in airport on day of travel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

irishlad79 wrote: »
    what does everyone think the likelihood will be when things slowly begin to return to normal over the coming months that sometime by august pcr tests will eventually be free in airport on day of travel

I doubt they will be free and I don't see why the individual wouldn't have to cover the cost of the test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 irishlad79

i've flight booked to poland first week of september in my 20's so don't know if i'll be able to get vaccine in time by then so thought pcr tests at least become cheaper over coming months as more people resume travel

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

yabadabado wrote: »
    I doubt they will be free and I don't see why the individual wouldn't have to cover the cost of the test.

Im sure there will be a charge - if you are creating the need to travel, its not something the government should be paying for.
    That said, they should be available very cheaply at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

They are free in Luxembourg airport. Just to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Eeehhhh....NO!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

There’s probably more chance that a lot of destinations will just require an antigen test rather a PCR test in the Summer.

And they “should” be a lot cheaper.

do you expect the antigen test would be available on day of travel instead of having to go in there days before like the pcr test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

do you expect the antigen test would be available on day of travel instead of having to go in there days before like the pcr test ?

Hopefully this will be the case yes.

But word of caution, I’m just a randomer on the internet with an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i've flight booked to poland first week of september in my 20's so don't know if i'll be able to get vaccine in time by then so thought pcr tests at least become cheaper over coming months as more people resume travel

Why would they become cheaper?
    If someone is travelling then €90 quid for a test needs to be factored in.
    You don't expect governments to subsidise it?

hopefully anyway there's a possibility vaccine roll out will be sped up and will be available to young people by end of july / early august

• Advertisement

i just can't see as more people resume travelling over the coming months that they'll still keep charging extortionist prices for a pcr test like someone else said in luxembourg airport it's free why not here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It's more likely that you won't be allowed to fly without s vaccine cert. But I'm just another randomer on the internet.

what a world we live in when this is considered normal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Antigen tests will be accepted to most holiday destination countries for summer.

They will be begging out for people and aren't going to miss out on another season.

Antigen test will suffice, I'd say from June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

They are free in certain countries. Why not go to the countries that they are free in?

Italy afaik.

They are free in certain countries. Why not go to the countries that they are free in?

Italy afaik.

So you'd suggest he travel to Poland via Italy to save the cost of s test? Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

So you'd suggest he travel to Poland via Italy to save the cost of s test? Genius.

Why on earth would someone travel to Poland via Italy? What are you on about hahahaha

I simply said there are countries giving free tests already, not sure why it would be a crazy idea for next summer.

Why on earth would someone travel to Poland via Italy? What are you on about hahahaha

I simply said there are countries giving free tests already, not sure why it would be a crazy idea for next summer.

The OP said he's going to Poland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 vurstflavor

Ge t vaccination then no need to get tested
    You might have to pay for 2 tests one leaving and another entering
    That's only 200 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭fran38

I' might be going to Dubai at the end of February so obviously need a PCR for that. It costs 99e if I make an appointment myself. But I've heard that if I tell my gp that I think I have symptoms, I will get sent for a test for free. Is this true do ye know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

fran38 wrote: »
    I' might be going to Dubai at the end of February so obviously need a PCR for that. It costs 99e if I make an appointment myself. But I've heard that if I tell my gp that I think I have symptoms, I will get sent for a test for free. Is this true do ye know?

Yes this is true. But that won't solve your problem and only tie up the tests here for someone who might need it

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭fran38

Yes this is true. But that won't solve your problem and only tie up the tests here for someone who might need it

What problem is that may I ask? Plus if I paid the 99e I'd be availing of the test anyway so I won't be tieing up anything ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

fran38 wrote: »
    What problem is that may I ask? Plus if I paid the 99e I'd be availing of the test anyway so I won't be thing up anything ya?

You don't get a pice of paper with pass written on it from the state one so you would have no proof.

It's a private company that is doing this testing so the answer is a big NO.

Advertisement