Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Go - Gen II

• 22-12-2016 5:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Old thread closed as it nears the 10k post limit.

Carry on!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

First in with enthusiasm!

Ah crap, it's a Jynx again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Bookmarked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Got my first baby earlier. An Igglybuff from a 2km egg

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Onthecutout325

Followed ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kris_jammage

Just cant catch a break from crappy hatchings. Scyther and Spearow today from a 10k and 5k. Been walking eggs like mad since the Gen2 release and nothing! Frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Onthecutout325

Not sure if this picture/link will work or not

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Eirebull

You can catch charmanders while park is closed so don't worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just got an Igglybuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Any sign of a double xp coming soon?....my storage is just bursting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Not the announcement I was waiting for ... :(

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/812011074396495872

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ZeppRock

Wild SNORLAX in Drogheda NOW!! outside corrigans pub! RUN!!!

smokingman wrote: »
    Any sign of a double xp coming soon?....my storage is just bursting!

I badly need it. Constantly having to transfer straight after I catch one

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Cienciano wrote: »
    I badly need it. Constantly having to transfer straight after I catch one

Same here. I think I'm just going to have to go ahead and use the lucky egg anyway because I keep getting the "bag full" message :(

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Rsaeire wrote: »

It's one of the announcements I was waiting for. I won't get to use it much over the next few days but I look forward to testing it properly after Christmas.

Now a Christmas event is the next announcement.

hdl wrote: »
    Same here. I think I'm just going to have to go ahead and use the lucky egg anyway because I keep getting the "bag full" message :(

Nice one, the minute you're finished they'll announce it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

What was the name of the pogobag alternative site for checking IVs again? Pogobag seems to be down, or at least it doesn't seem to be working for me right now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I was going to add this to the thread yesterday but may as well add it to this new one. I finally completed my European Gen 1 pokedex yesterday by allowing my youngster to evolve ourselves Dragonite.
    I have caught a Tauros in the US and saw both Kangskan and FarFetched in gyms. (Hence the more than 143/143)

In the course of walking the last few KMs with my Dratini to get to to 100 candy I also hatched an Igglypuff.
    So this image also allows me to join the Gen II gang also. Currently at 145/147

I wont be doing too much walking/hatching over the next while so not hopeful on getting any other babies anytime soon. All I can do is focus on the wild catches when Gen 2 is fully released and let the RNG do what it does. I do have a stack of Tauros avail for baby pokemon trading when/if it is introduced!

What was the name of the pogobag alternative site for checking IVs again? Pogobag seems to be down, or at least it doesn't seem to be working for me right now.

https://www.pgnexus.gg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Rsaeire wrote: »

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/812011074396495872

Lovely, been waiting months for this! Just downloaded the update so can't wait to try it out. The GPS on the Watch 2 should be super accurate for eggs. Walked 13km one day last week and the app did me out of 1.5km

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

AMGer, let us know what it's like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Maybe the christmas event is we'll get a gift on christmas day.

• I achieved my own Pokémon Go milestone earlier today; for the first time ever, I got a Defender Bonus (a whole 10 Pokécoins!) for keeping a gym for over 21 hours!! :pac:

My (less than 2000 CP) Gengar held its own, assisted by some generous soul and his/her Vaporeron that had an even lower CP(!!), kept a gym long enough for me to earn that defender bonus for the first time ever. I'm fully sure it was due to lack of interest in the gym, rather than my "skill" as a trainer, but still......feels good!!!! :D #TeamInstinct4Lyf :D:D

Also, after weeks of only 5k eggs, I finally got a 10k one tonight. I don't even care what it hatches; even if it's an Eevee or a Dratini, at least it makes a refreshing change. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Er, you can get 10 'coins for "holding" a gym for 21 seconds. Did you mean that your Gengar lasted 21 hours and you claimed a second time? I've lost 'mons for *weeks* before - it pays to get out of the city, even just a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Since when has eevee been in 5k eggs coz that's all i hatched today and got a 100% IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Eevee moved from 10k to 5k eggs recently.

• Er, you can get 10 'coins for "holding" a gym for 21 seconds. Did you mean that your Gengar lasted 21 hours and you claimed a second time? I've lost 'mons for *weeks* before - it pays to get out of the city, even just a little.

See, I didn't realise beforehand that you got 10 coins for holding a gym for any amount of time. I thought you needed to hold it for a long time before getting those coins. So it was a pleasant surprise to get the first payout for my Gengar after it held a gym for a minute........it was an even more pleasant surprise to know that it held out for another 21 hours!!! So I got 20 coins out of it in total. ^__^

Sadly it's returned to me now so must hve eventually gotten overthrown. Oh well, all good things come to an end (as the wise philospoher Furtado once said)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

ZeppRock wrote:
    Wild SNORLAX in Drogheda NOW!! outside corrigans pub! RUN!!!

Ahhhh. I was wondering why there were road blocked signs up everywhere. Mystery solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Managed to get in to 13 or 14 gyms today at once, new record for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

In Tennessee for Christmas, aside from Tauros I've caught a lot of exeggcute and bulbasaurs. I caught my first wild scyther, all my previous are hatches but am still eluded by lapras to complete the 1st dex or any of the gen 2 pokemon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Any Omantye spawns in Dublin City centre lads?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement