Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POTW 526: 13/6/20 - 19/6/20

• 19-07-2020 9:11pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Adrian.Sadlier
    50019960926_18789fe9a2_c.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

pete4130
    50000484251_095230a3bc_c.jpg

NEW WAVE
    uS9pNOm.jpg

jaansu
    50001214091_e62712c612_c.jpg

sheesh
    50018250358_8bc5f55a24_c.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS Adrian
    WELL DONE HMs

Adrian, can you give us some info on the winning shot? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Thanks Myksyk for keeping this going! We would be lost without your hard work. And thanks for the Thanks from everybody who liked the photo

Like everybody else, lockdown finally got to me and I had to do something to "express" myself. And I love portraits. But there was nobody available to shoot so I shot myself.

This was taken in my back garden, late at night (so my neighbours wouldn't see how mad I am). I used a pair of flashes, through white umbrellas, camera left and right. Left flash was slightly above me and to the front. Right flash was lower and behind me. Both flashes set to manual power output - I can't remember the exact settings but left was at full, right was a couple of stops lower, I think.

Camera (D810) was set to manual, ISO 64, 1/160", f/8, using a 70-200 f/2.8 Nikon lens at 122mm.

Captured as a RAW image and processed in LRC and Silver Efex Pro 2.0 for the mono conversion.

I used 3 x Yongua triggers/receivers for the flash and shutter release. The smoke was a vape (cigarettes don't produce enough smoke).

I still think I need to process it a bit more as there is a bit of "panda eyes" going on.

And I'm not really as stern as my selfies portray :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

And I'm not really as stern as my selfies portray :)
    I wouldn't mess with ya!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I got a mention!:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

sheesh wrote: »
    I got a mention!:)

An honourable one no less!

Advertisement