Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-09-2019, 23:32   #1
10-10-20

Parcel service from France or Germany

Brexit matters in mind, I use ParcelMotel for amazon.co.uk shipments, but post-Brexit I won't be purchasing through the UK. I'll use .fr or .de instead. But unsurprisingly shipping costs are much higher from these locations, On Amazon.fr I just had a quote of 20 EUR to ship a 10 EUR component from Amazon France. A bit steep for shipping!

But what I'd like to know is whether anybody is aware of a service similar to ParcelMotel or AddressPal but which operates an address in France or Germany.
I found some 'drop boxes' but the prices are excessive and I have never heard of the companies involved and I'd prefer to use a courier with an office in Ireland.

An example is this company:
https://mygermany.com/shipping-cost-calculator/

A 1kg package with the dimensions of 15x17x20 cm is 30 EUR. I'm sure that ParcelMotel can offer something better.
Advertisement
17-09-2019, 20:06   #2
the_syco

Is there anything like ParcelMotel for German Amazon?

With the fun Brexit will probably bring, I'm thinking of cancelling my Amazon UK Prime account, and using Amazon DE. Was wondering if there's anything like ParcelMotel to allow delivery to a "local" German address, to have cheaper delivery to Ireland? Am near Dublin, so can pickup from Dublin if it goes to the likes of FedEx, etc.

On another note, if UK will be classed as being outside of the EU, will there be much of a difference between ordering from Amazon.com & Amazon.co.uk for VAT & customs?
18-09-2019, 15:23   #3
Kamili

Mailboxde.com - haven't used it myself but have an account
Thanks from:
09-10-2019, 14:34   #4
Muahahaha

Anyone know if Parcel Wizard has a virtual address in Germany or what company does? Thought I had read one of the Irish parcel companies can ship from Germany??
09-10-2019, 14:37   #5
Kamili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
Anyone know if Parcel Wizard has a virtual address in Germany or what company does? Thought I had read one of the Irish parcel companies can ship from Germany??
Not Irish but https://www.mailboxde.com/does it
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-10-2019, 14:38   #6
scamalert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
i remember seeing someone mentioning company providing virtual address in Germany but its def not parcel wizard or motel. as they only provide for NI.

Best bet is to ask in online buying and auctions forum, see there's couple threads few years old on same subject, doing the search.
Thanks from:
10-10-2019, 13:20   #7
Muahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamili View Post
Not Irish but https://www.mailboxde.com/does it
Thanks, will give them a try. Has anyone here ever used them?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion