Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-06-2018, 22:50   #271
LittleGarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwill
Where did those lads ship it to you from? Price here in Ireland is bananas.

It was shipped from Athens according to the paperwork on delivery - shipped overnight via TNT at no additional cost to me....
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-06-2018, 23:31   #272
corwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGarry View Post
It was shipped from Athens according to the paperwork on delivery - shipped overnight via TNT at no additional cost to me....
Excellent. How did you find setting it up, in terms of your pressure settings, etc?
27-06-2018, 08:10   #273
LittleGarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwill View Post
Excellent. How did you find setting it up, in terms of your pressure settings, etc?
Wasn't an issue at all. 5 mins "research" on Youtube showed me how to get into the clinical menu on the machine. I just went into this menu on the rental machine and copied settings across to the new one. The most important are the pressure settings (which I knew from prescription anyway) the rest are mainly comfort settings - ramp time / humidifier settings / tube temp etc I would imagine, if you are not comfortable doing this, and if you know your pressure settings that the store would set it up with relevant settings before despatch - drop them a mail to confirm obviously.
Thanks from:
27-06-2018, 08:42   #274
corwill

Quote:
Wasn't an issue at all. 5 mins "research" on Youtube showed me how to get into the clinical menu on the machine. I just went into this menu on the rental machine and copied settings across to the new one. The most important are the pressure settings (which I knew from prescription anyway) the rest are mainly comfort settings - ramp time / humidifier settings / tube temp etc I would imagine, if you are not comfortable doing this, and if you know your pressure settings that the store would set it up with relevant settings before despatch - drop them a mail to confirm obviously.
Great, sounds no more complicated than the S9 Autoset, which I find pretty straightforward. Even in the context of sleep apnea, I do love a new gadget!
27-06-2018, 09:58   #275
Leslie91

Quote:
Did you have to 'add on' the water chamber ie. was it extra?

You might have had the accessories already did you? I'd be moving from a different brand so I'd probably need to buy all these extras too, maybe even tube & mask? or is the tube connection standardized?
Advertisement
27-06-2018, 11:26   #276
LittleGarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie91 View Post
Did you have to 'add on' the water chamber ie. was it extra?

You might have had the accessories already did you? I'd be moving from a different brand so I'd probably need to buy all these extras too, maybe even tube & mask? or is the tube connection standardized?
I had the heated tube / mask / humidifier water chamber as these were supplied FOC as "consumables" with the rental machine - these items therefore did not need to be returned under my rental contract.
With regard to tube connection I honestly don't know if they are interchangeable as I have never used any other machine - if you email supplier with query I'm sure you would get a prompt response.

Last edited by LittleGarry; 27-06-2018 at 11:30.
Thanks from:
30-09-2018, 00:03   #277
houseplant

Hi everyone, just this week been diagnosed with moderate to severe sleep apnea. 27 episodes per hour. Waiting on a call back from consultant to discuss prognosis, presume I'll be using a cpap machine. Are the results as good as I'm hearing? I'd give anything to not be constantly tired.
Thanks from:
30-09-2018, 02:11   #278
Odyssey 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseplant View Post
Hi everyone, just this week been diagnosed with moderate to severe sleep apnea. 27 episodes per hour. Waiting on a call back from consultant to discuss prognosis, presume I'll be using a cpap machine. Are the results as good as I'm hearing? I'd give anything to not be constantly tired.
You won't look back. A little getting used to. But 100%success . Go for it..
Can't remember mine but they were multiples of yours.and zero problem since I started on cpap
Thanks from:
30-09-2018, 02:16   #279
Masala

Quote:
Yep.... it becomes second nature on hitting the pillow. Eventually feel like u on the beach with a warm mediatereen breeze flowing over you!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-09-2018, 02:23   #280
Odyssey 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masala View Post
Yep.... it becomes second nature on hitting the pillow. Eventually feel like u on the beach with a warm mediatereen breeze flowing over you!
Ah here...what are you injecting into your machine 😂
30-09-2018, 02:46   #281
3DataModem

Quote:
Yes, results good as long as u use it
16-10-2018, 09:11   #282
silverharp

has anyone tried mouth taping? can check youtube for demos. Ill need to get my hands on a reliable sleep measuring gismo to see if it makes any difference to sleep quality.
16-10-2018, 13:47   #283
Seagull01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Psycrow View Post
Does anyone have a problem with the air supply becoming so forceful that it lifts the mask off your face? Or even makes your cheeks bellow out if you have your mouth open? This is the main thing that stops me getting through the night with a machine. It usually needs to be switched off, mask re-positioned and switched on again. And even then it might come back again. More often that not, it results in me taking the mask off for the night. I'm wondering if there's actually something wrong with the machine.

Has anyone else experienced that?
Yes it happens to me quite a lot. My airflow is 16 and I would reach that most nights so the mask lifting off my face is common. I hardly notice now I just adjust the mask and the pressure drops a bit once im breathing normally.
16-10-2018, 13:58   #284
3DataModem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull01 View Post
Yes it happens to me quite a lot. My airflow is 16 and I would reach that most nights so the mask lifting off my face is common. I hardly notice now I just adjust the mask and the pressure drops a bit once im breathing normally.
Yep.

Perhaps it is ramping up too quick? By the time it's at my max (12) I'm asleep. If I wake in the night then it seems really powerful.

Advice is reset ramping while you get back to sleep.

And tighten it up.
16-10-2018, 18:44   #285
trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey 2005 View Post
You won't look back. A little getting used to. But 100%success . Go for it..
Can't remember mine but they were multiples of yours.and zero problem since I started on cpap
Not my experience at all. I couldn't sleep with it, felt much, much worse than before I started and eventually gave it up after 3 months of feeling dog rough. My score was 41.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion