Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes of the Storm (HoTS) General Chat Thread

• 19-10-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Alright, considering I got this Forum created I might as well bring this to everyone's attention. Regardless of what my opinion about this game will be I have NO DOUBTS this will be a controversial one amongst the community.

Arguably one of the most successful gaming franchises of the last decade (and more) and the original base for creating the now acclaimed DOTA series, Blizzard have officially announced their version of the game.

Heroes of the Storm

1380767_154018511474328_1029776592_n.jpg

content_Clipboard05.png

This has just been announced alongside Blizzcon schedule being released to the public.

For those of you big into Blizzard games this should be a wrench among the spanners.

In order to avoid a sh*tstorm of negativity (and positivity) I will refrain from posting my opinion in this post.

[Will try and keep this as updated as I can - DISCUSS]

Heroes of the Storm Wiki
    Heroes of the Storm website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I like blizzard games, but dota is in no way a blizzard game.

Its far too early to even guess but from the way they were talking last blizzcon this will be a diversion but not near the level of 'srs bsns' that Dota 2 and LoL are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I hate the artwork, looks like a pisstake comic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

n1ck wrote: »
    I hate the artwork, looks like a pisstake comic.

The artwork is by a guy called "Carbot animations" , the video anyways, he does a series of funny videos relating to Starcraft 2 (another Blizzard game)

I don't think his cartoon will reflect the end products style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I look forward to it. Big fan of bliz games.

Alright, considering I got this Forum created I might as well bring this to everyone's attention

Was that really necessary? haha.

From now on i'm gonna post with "Considering I am a member of boards.ie, I might as well bring this to everyone's attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

n1ck wrote: »
    Was that really necessary? haha.

From now on i'm gonna post with "Considering I am a member of boards.ie, I might as well bring this to everyone's attention.

Yes. And yes, you should.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Blizcon going on atm so some new videos of this... quite interesting. Looking forward to it a wee bit tbh.

Trailer - Typical awesome trailer from bliz

Gameplay

Oh... i almost forgot to praise the creator and sole reason this forum exists.. *Thank you Sir IRL_Sinister for this wonderful MOBA forum... mighty one.

Liked above post for the last line.

All hail the mighty leader IRL_Sinister, creator of the forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Two demo matches from Blizzcon, have to say it looks nice.

And yes, that was an Epic Tauren Chieftan on the Red team in the second match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Will try this out for sure but there is something about the art style that i really dislike. Maybe its cause of the fact they have been using the same style in every game since Warcraft 3...

• Advertisement

Will try this out for sure but there is something about the art style that i really dislike. Maybe its cause of the fact they have been using the same style in every game since Warcraft 3...

LOL is basically a copy of the WC3 style though in fairness.
    I think the games looks really good, signed up for beta...but I don't expect a chance to play it as usual

All praise forum creator and his mighty creative skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I want to ride around on a unicorn with diablo

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

I want to ride around on a unicorn with diablo
    So do I,except Diablo will look like a murloc

This is all going better than I expected ;,,,;

Could you mail me your autograph Sinister? :p

Game looks decent anyway, different in it's own way to other MOBA but with Blizzard backing it I'd say it'll be a winner. I don't think it will surpass DOTA 2 by any means but you never know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone still following this? Latest videos has me interested.

well i cant wait for the beta to drop

Yeah I'll play if/when the beta is out and if I get a beta key...which I never seem to get

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

I wonder if EU is going to get a Tech alpha, but the lastest QA I got the impression that any sort of a beta is a good bit away

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sounds normal for Blizzard games tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

looks very slow and dull from watching streams on twitch, I'll still give it a bash though! doesn't help that I don't really know whats going on!

Anyone still following this? Still not sure what to make of it, but as it's Blizzard, I have no doubt it will be a polished and complete experience

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Yeah, I'm still keeping an eye on it. Be quite interested in the beta when it comes out, looks like it's changing up the standard MOBA format enough to make it feel different.

An old WoW guildy of mine is in the Alpha. He's writing a set of blogs on our old website. They can be read here He's a pretty funny guy with a chill attitude so they should be a good read for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Got myself an invite last night to the Technical Alpha. Going to try it this evening. Not sure what to expect to be honest, but since i'm a support at heart, i'm really looking forward to trying some of the more unusual heros.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

So got into the technical alpha over the weekend, its really polished so far. Think league of legends dominion mode, remove all the items, remove all the last hits and add in talents, crazy class abilities and a bunch of different maps.

I did really enjoy dominion for about a week until i realised how little depth there actually was to it, hopefully theres a lot more under the hood here.

I got a key but I can't install it for some reason
    Any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

It shares a lot with Smite in terms of differences from dota/lol I think. It has replaced smite as my go to MOBA now though. I was playing lol last night and it all just seemed a bit...overwrought after the nicer simplicity of hots and smite.

Deffo has it's faults, but I'm more than willing to stick around while they sort them out! And holy crap brightwing is fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Being able to play as a few classics blizzard characters as well as a freaking siege tank is pretty awesome.

Advertisement