Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dolce Diet: Living Lean

Options
  • 06-01-2012 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hey guys, since its the start of the new year and people are on some crazy ass diets, I wanted to put the feelers out as to anyone who has read or followed any of Mike Dolce's work.

I was thinking of gettting the book at the weekend and some feedback would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I have a pdf of his "3 weeks to shredded" book and it's terrible.
    It goes into little or no detail and it's a total waste of time.

I can't comment on the "living lean" book though. I've never read it but if it's anything like the other one I wouldn't waste your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Dean09 wrote: »
    I have a pdf of his "3 weeks to shredded" book and it's terrible.
    It goes into little or no detail and it's a total waste of time.

I can't comment on the "living lean" book though. I've never read it but if it's anything like the other one I wouldn't waste your money.
    Ive read both, the first one was basically what he did one time when he was cuttting weight and the second one is a bit more in depth. Living Lean is alright if you can get it cheap its worth a punt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

read the first one , its not worth the money bita common sense. Something by John Berardi or someone might be useful

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

The grapplers guide to sports nutrition is better then any of Dolce's stuff.

The grapplers guide to sports nutrition is better then any of Dolce's stuff.
    Thats a very good book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

i find not eating crap and training alot is a good way to lose weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Winner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

Sure thats why people dont know jack **** about proper food, people just telling them " sure just stop eating crap and excersice" and thats problem solved.(its not,people need to be educated) In this day and age people dont know the differance between crap and good food, because there is so much crap out there.

Thanks for the tips lads, going to get living lean anyway and will also try to pick up the grapplers guide. Anyone know any good book shops where they can be got.

00benski wrote: »
    Sure thats why people dont know jack **** about proper food, people just telling them " sure just stop eating crap and excersice" and thats problem solved.(its not,people need to be educated) In this day and age people dont know the differance between crap and good food, because there is so much crap out there.

Thanks for the tips lads, going to get living lean anyway and will also try to pick up the grapplers guide. Anyone know any good book shops where they can be got.
    Online would be best, try amazon theyre usually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

that looks like it would be a great read. cant find it online though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

thebookdepository.co.uk

Cheaper then any high street or otherwise book shop and free delivery. Used them plenty of time, they usually have EVERYTHING.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

http://www.ebook3000.com/The-Grapplers-Guide-to-Sports-Nutrition_132733.html

edit: use the last link.
    Link

Or if you don't feel safe doing this I can email it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

00benski wrote: »

You might be better of posting in the health and fitness or nutrition forums. You should lose the attitude first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

Killme00 wrote: »
    You might be better of posting in the health and fitness or nutrition forums. You should lose the attitude first though.

Hardly, considering the original post was about a well known mma strenght and conditioning coach and nutritionest that im sure plenty of people on this forum know plenty about

Advertisement