Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The annual 'lets complain about delayed parcels' thread

• 26-11-2019 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭

Rather than choke up multiple threads regarding delays in parcel delivery at this time of the year, lets put all the rants in here....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Ok well I've used address pal, I ordered an item from Amazon it arrived in Dublin last Friday, still no sign of it .

Won't be using address pal anymore that's for sure .

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Bought a laptop direct from Lenovo with delivery via UPS in 2 days. So far we are on day 11 and they have "misdirected" the package 4 times and its still sitting in their depot in Dublin. Numerous phone calls later and we finally find out that the address that UPS have on their system is "Townsland, IE. Lenovo say that they provided my full address along with Eircode and my mobile number to UPS and the only bits that UPS entered onto their system is my townsland and my country. It's now 2 days since we got them to change the delivery address to my full address and the laptop is still sitting in Dublin

In this day and age surely courier companies should be able to use addresses provided??? 2 of the biggest companies and they can't even communicate properly......

At my wits end.....rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

Ordered something from Man Utd for my newborn grandson on 22 Oct.
    No confirmation email, account said it was posted.
    Opened a dispute with Paypal, got a reply from Manutd which is a one liner with a tracking number that doesnt exist on the courier companys website.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers

Decoda wrote: »
    Bought a laptop direct from Lenovo with delivery via UPS in 2 days. So far we are on day 11 and they have "misdirected" the package 4 times and its still sitting in their depot in Dublin. Numerous phone calls later and we finally find out that the address that UPS have on their system is "Townsland, IE. Lenovo say that they provided my full address along with Eircode and my mobile number to UPS and the only bits that UPS entered onto their system is my townsland and my country. It's now 2 days since we got them to change the delivery address to my full address and the laptop is still sitting in Dublin

In this day and age surely courier companies should be able to use addresses provided??? 2 of the biggest companies and they can't even communicate properly......

At my wits end.....rant over.

Update.....UPS have now confirmed that the laptop has been lost and is no longer showing on their system after being swiped into their hub on the 21st of November. I've been onto Lenovo and they say that they have opened an investigation and it could take up to 14 days to resolve. Until their investigation has been completed they can't offer a refund or replacement....I'm seriously pi##ed off......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ordered a KK present on Wednesday morning from Amazon

Got it today.

Argggggggghh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

listermint wrote: »
    Ordered a KK present on Wednesday morning from Amazon

Got it today.

Argggggggghh

Ya don’t want to p*** off the klan!

Anyhoo... no compliants here so far..all deliveries delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oreo47

I ordered something last monday (25th) from the uk,got an email saying it was shipped on tuesday. But it didnt arrive last friday.
    . Usally when I order it only takes 3/4 business days
    has anyone had delays from the uk recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Anyone have issues with Colissimo shipping from France.? This moved from being handled by DPD in Ireland to An Post recently and it's a disaster. Big waits for the packages to 'appear' in Ireland after leaving France. Latest for me is one package which left France on 21st November and another on 27th November - no sign of them since.....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Update.....UPS have now confirmed that the laptop has been lost and is no longer showing on their system after being swiped into their hub on the 21st of November. I've been onto Lenovo and they say that they have opened an investigation and it could take up to 14 days to resolve. Until their investigation has been completed they can't offer a refund or replacement....I'm seriously pi##ed off......

Having a nightmare with Lenovo and UPS too...package status is currently 'delayed'. The whole transaction has been a disaster:mad: from the start

• Advertisement

colm18 wrote: »
    Having a nightmare with Lenovo and UPS too...package status is currently 'delayed'. The whole transaction has been a disaster:mad: from the start

Mine just keeps getting worse....UPS finally admitted that they lost the laptop, Lenovo said 14 days for refund so I cancelled the order, requested an advance refund and bought my son a laptop from laptops direct instead. That laptop arrived within 3 days. Then today with no warning, UPS leave a laptop at my back door while we were all at work, no advance warning, nothing. Called Lenovo to ask what the hells going on and they didn't even know UPS found the package. Now I have to wait 4 to 8 business days for UPS to come back and pick up the laptop before Lenovo can start my refund......

NEVER EVER AGAIN would I use Lenovo or UPS,

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Mine just keeps getting worse....UPS finally admitted that they lost the laptop, Lenovo said 14 days for refund so I cancelled the order, requested an advance refund and bought my son a laptop from laptops direct instead. That laptop arrived within 3 days. Then today with no warning, UPS leave a laptop at my back door while we were all at work, no advance warning, nothing. Called Lenovo to ask what the hells going on and they didn't even know UPS found the package. Now I have to wait 4 to 8 business days for UPS to come back and pick up the laptop before Lenovo can start my refund......

NEVER EVER AGAIN would I use Lenovo or UPS,

That's a nightmare, hope it works out soon. Do you have a number for UPS where I could talk to an actual human by any chance?

colm18 wrote: »
    That's a nightmare, hope it works out soon. Do you have a number for UPS where I could talk to an actual human by any chance?

I was calling them on 01 858 1200 but just to warn anyone, got a missed call from a Lithuanian number (Samsung Smart identified it as that country code) this morning so I i didn't answer it, they left a message and it turns out its UPS customer service calling to discuss the debacle.

Best of luck with your situation.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭briany

I ordered something that was shipped with DHL from Germany on 05/12. The parcel did ship, but there's been no tracking update since that date. The last one said that the parcel had been processed in the parcel centre in Rodgau, Germany. Radio silence since then. Is 10 days too short of a wait, with no update, to suspect the parcel may have been lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭topcat72

definitely - DHL for Germany is normally 3-4 days ( depending if there is a weekend inbetween) I'd contact them , there may well be address issues

topcat72 wrote: »
    definitely - DHL for Germany is normally 3-4 days ( depending if there is a weekend inbetween) I'd contact them , there may well be address issues

To be honest, I'd already tried contacting DHL, here's their response (with any identifying info edited out)
    Thank you for contacting DHL Parcel and DHL eCommerce regarding the delivery of your shipment.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you since you have not received your shipment yet. Delays can be caused due to poor weather conditions and other incidents disrupting the regular business.

Since your shipment has still not been delivered, we request you to contact your online merchant/sender. Your online merchant/sender will advise you on the next available options.

Please note that an official investigation can only be raised by our contract partner, in this case your online merchant/sender.

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during the delivery process.

Best regards,

Customer Service Team

DHL Parcel & DHL eCommerce

Which is the kind of thing I sort of knew I'd get, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

briany wrote: »
    I ordered something that was shipped with DHL from Germany on 05/12. The parcel did ship, but there's been no tracking update since that date. The last one said that the parcel had been processed in the parcel centre in Rodgau, Germany. Radio silence since then. Is 10 days too short of a wait, with no update, to suspect the parcel may have been lost?

Sent a parcel myself with DHL from Germany...handed it over to DHL in Düsseldorf on 4 Dec and it arrived yesterday morning in Louth. After getting onto the German DHL hotline (Thursday last) they told me it was sitting in Portlaoise from the evening of the 6 Dec.....seems AnPost cant process the stuff at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yeah, UPS are in meltdown, even for business users. Got a delivery today sent last Wednesday as a guaranteed paid for next day delivery. Got a delivery Friday sent Thursday under the same rate.

My item arrived in Ireland last Wednesday via DHL

Its been out with the courier each day since but not delivered.

Ive telephoned twice and been assured it would be delivered the next day.

Its a birthday gift for this coming Thursday.

EVERY SINGLE TIME ITS DHL ITS THE SAME!!

I hate DHL

Sent a parcel myself with DHL from Germany...handed it over to DHL in Düsseldorf on 4 Dec and it arrived yesterday morning in Louth. After getting onto the German DHL hotline (Thursday last) they told me it was sitting in Portlaoise from the evening of the 6 Dec.....seems AnPost cant process the stuff at the moment.

I got a message ofo DHL, and their opinion on my delay was that it was probably caused by the strikes in France which are causing a large backlog at their European hub in Germany.

I must say that I'm sceptical about this explanation. Surely this would mean that all parcels are being delayed and not just mine, but I couldn't find any news about French strikes causing widespread long delays throughout the DHL Europe network.

• Advertisement

I got a message ofo DHL, and their opinion on my delay was that it was probably caused by the strikes in France which are causing a large backlog at their European hub in Germany.

I must say that I'm sceptical about this explanation. Surely this would mean that all parcels are being delayed and not just mine, but I couldn't find any news about French strikes causing widespread long delays throughout the DHL Europe network.

Would depend on how your package was routed. Mine went Düsseldorf - Köln - Dublin - Portloaise - to recipient

You should be able to see the last sorting location on the DHL track and trace....if its Köln it went by plane 100%

Would depend on how your package was routed. Mine went Düsseldorf - Köln - Dublin - Portloaise - to recipient

You should be able to see the last sorting location on the DHL track and trace....if its Köln it went by plane 100%

Last sorting location was Rodgau, which is 35 minutes outside Frankfurt.

Last sorting location was Rodgau, which is 35 minutes outside Frankfurt.

Then surely it should have gone to the DHL IPZ (international package center) at Frankfurt Airport. I cant understand how they would send it via France to Ireland when there are numerous flights daily between both.

Advertisement