Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parcel Motel type service from Europe?

• 28-07-2021 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is a parcel motel / address pal type service that gives an address in the Netherlands, and forwards to Ireland?

I got a voucher from work for amazon.nl but it turns out they only ship to Netherlands/Belgium, and Amazon don't allow transferring funds between regions.

Post edited by whiterebel on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Brexit matters in mind, I use ParcelMotel for amazon.co.uk shipments, but post-Brexit I won't be purchasing through the UK. I'll use .fr or .de instead. But unsurprisingly shipping costs are much higher from these locations, On Amazon.fr I just had a quote of 20 EUR to ship a 10 EUR component from Amazon France. A bit steep for shipping!

But what I'd like to know is whether anybody is aware of a service similar to ParcelMotel or AddressPal but which operates an address in France or Germany.
    I found some 'drop boxes' but the prices are excessive and I have never heard of the companies involved and I'd prefer to use a courier with an office in Ireland.

An example is this company:
    https://mygermany.com/shipping-cost-calculator/

A 1kg package with the dimensions of 15x17x20 cm is 30 EUR. I'm sure that ParcelMotel can offer something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

With the fun Brexit will probably bring, I'm thinking of cancelling my Amazon UK Prime account, and using Amazon DE. Was wondering if there's anything like ParcelMotel to allow delivery to a "local" German address, to have cheaper delivery to Ireland? Am near Dublin, so can pickup from Dublin if it goes to the likes of FedEx, etc.

On another note, if UK will be classed as being outside of the EU, will there be much of a difference between ordering from Amazon.com & Amazon.co.uk for VAT & customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Mailboxde.com - haven't used it myself but have an account

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if Parcel Wizard has a virtual address in Germany or what company does? Thought I had read one of the Irish parcel companies can ship from Germany??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if Parcel Wizard has a virtual address in Germany or what company does? Thought I had read one of the Irish parcel companies can ship from Germany??

Not Irish but https://www.mailboxde.com/does it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Muahahaha wrote: »
    i remember seeing someone mentioning company providing virtual address in Germany but its def not parcel wizard or motel. as they only provide for NI.

Best bet is to ask in online buying and auctions forum, see there's couple threads few years old on same subject, doing the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Kamili wrote: »
    Not Irish but https://www.mailboxde.com/does it

Thanks, will give them a try. Has anyone here ever used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Is there is something like addresspal for usa / uk for france/italy?
    Want to order a beauty gift set not available here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

There is a German one if that country is another option to you.

Cerveza wrote: »
    There is a German one if that country is another option to you.
    I will check if available there

• Advertisement

I will check if available there

Not available on the german version.

Apologies, I know this has come up before but I can't find the info now.

Can anyone recommend a parcel motel type service for shipping from Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/

I used these people a few times, you can buy from supplier and arrange collection.
    I do not know if Brexit changed things, i found very reasonable...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111270911

Theres a few threads about it if you use the search facility. Not many options, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Currently use mailboxde.com from Germany and very happy with that service. Anyone recommend a similar service from France?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭park500

Does any company provide an EU address service for companies that do not supply directly to Ireland

Looking to order from here: https://www.icebreaker.com/en-nl/home?selectLocale=true

They ship from Netherlands but only to a limited number of EU countries

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Came across these guys based in Luxembourg: https://bpm-lux.com/en/home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

After checking a few courriers, I think whether from France of Germany (eg. Mailboxde) you're looking at at least €20 to redirect parcel to Ireland, which makes this entire enterprise uneconomical. I guess for my alcohol needs, or otherwise, goodbye to buying alcohol from outside Ireland, that be Germany or UK on cheap Hotukdeals as double VAT charge at best (UK VAT from merchant + Irish VAT charged by AddressPal, with Irish Excise Duty on top at worst!).

I knew Brexit severely disrupted the import of goods from UK, but unfortunately didn't bring us closer to France or Germany.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You can’t bring in alcohol by post or courier anyway.

Bring to front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

any one used parcelforwarding service from germany to ireland?

i can see mailbox de being suggested in the past.

i am looking for delivery of speakers from a local german company. but due to the size and type, they dont accept speakers.

so looking for alternate options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i think my post got merged with older posts on same topic.

the UK website tranglobalexpress does not suit eire any more if i am correct.

the link in post 4 above does not work anymore - probably older website version.

anyone else have any more info about this topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Phgirl28

Any recommendations for a parcel forwarding service from France to Ireland? It's only a small box. Thank you

MOD: There is no need to respond to multiple posts with the same question. Those posts are nearly 2 years old.

It looks like there isn’t one from France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I need to order something from Germany for my kitchen, I know MailBox.DE is a forwarder a lot of people have used, but if you look at their restricted list, the item I'm looking for (an extraction hood) is actually something that's restricted by them; they don't deal with items like that because apparently in the past they have gotten damaged in transit.

So two questions;

1. Mod <snip> Don’t go there please
    2. There seem to be a number of other forwarders, e.g. MyGermany.com, ShipGerman, etc... which don't explicitly mention extractor hoods as being restricted. However it's hard to find reviews for those. Does anyone have any experience of using these?

TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TWIreland

Has anyone ever used a mail forwarding service from Poland to Ireland? Trying to get something clothing from Poland but cant seem to find anywhere that does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

I used this website a few years ago https://parcelpoland.com/

I was nervous about using it as I had to pay by bank transfer and it seemed to be a one man show. It all went fine though, I had no issues.

Thanks for that. I’ll give them a try.

No joy with the Poland option above. Anyone with any ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement